ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I enroll to PG course if my Passport is in Homeoffic?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrz
Newly Registered

Can I enroll to PG course if my Passport is in Homeoffic?

Post by mrz » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:03 pm

I thought I will be using premium service on August 15th 2012 so that I shall
get the passport and original documents back which will be required at the enrolment of my postgraduate course.

But today I found that there is no premium service slot available. So, I need to send my visa application by post on August 15th and it will take around 1 month to 3 months to get back my passport and original document.

But my postgraduate course will start from 10th September and during the enrolment the new university will check my original degree certificates etc. But they will be at homeoffice with my visa application. Do you think it will create any trouble for enrolment?

I have completed my undergraduate course. My current student visa will expire on 30th October.

I am really frustrated about this issue. Please suggest me what should I do now. I have already paid £1000 to the new uni for post graduate course's CAS letter and they will issue the CAS number next week.

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:46 am

The university should have verified your document before they issue the CAS letter as it is a mandatory requirement by UKBA,I don't see much point verifying it after they have issued you with a CAS letter and the fees being paid. What sort of a University is this?

In any case you should inform your new Uni at the time of them issuing a CAS that your original degree certificate is going to be with home office when your course would start and they can verify your degree from which ever university you have obtained the degree from!!! I am fairly sure Universities aren't that stupid to deny you a course just because your degree is not with you,there are ways and means to have your degree verified.

mrz
Newly Registered

Post by mrz » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:56 am

Deepshithole2010 wrote:The university should have verified your document before they issue the CAS letter as it is a mandatory requirement by UKBA,I don't see much point verifying it after they have issued you with a CAS letter and the fees being paid. What sort of a University is this?

In any case you should inform your new Uni at the time of them issuing a CAS that your original degree certificate is going to be with home office when your course would start and they can verify your degree from which ever university you have obtained the degree from!!! I am fairly sure Universities aren't that stupid to deny you a course just because your degree is not with you,there are ways and means to have your degree verified.
Thats fine about degree varificaiton. but what about passport varification?

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:15 am

That also should be done at the time of issuing your CAS. There is no requirement for the university to verify your passport,they just need to ensure you have valid tier 4 leave remaining at the time of issuing you a CAS. You can continue with you studies as normal whilst your visa is being processed.

As technically you already need to be enrolled with the university before they issue the CAS letter. There should not be enrollment after CAS has been issued!

Your CAS letter will state that you have enrolled in the course and will state the fees you have paid and any outstanding amount left to pay. It will also state that they have verified all your docs on the basis of which they have given you the admission so there is no need for any further verification.