ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays Online Bank statements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adk

Barclays Online Bank statements

Post by adk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Again

I have all my statements for the past year for my personal and business statements uploaded via PDF to my online account. I have printed all these off myself and will use them as evidence. They look exactly the same as the ones they would send from the bank.

Do I need to have these certified by the bank or will they accept them as originals? Has anyone used them? My appointment is on thursday and I am now stressing out because I thought these would be accepted.

Thanks again for any help.

ADK

t-bag

Re

Post by t-bag » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Same situation - Same bank :-( Barclays doesn't want to stamp them and don't want to certify :-(

Anyone had success with online statements (from Bclays)??

The only difference is that they haven't go the 2 holes on the left :-(

ADK, where r u applying at??

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:20 pm

ring them and ask them to send to the printed statement for last 12 months. they might charge you a fiver but easiest way to do it.

adk

Post by adk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:22 pm

Im applying at croydon. Bit of a situation really. My leave expires end of the month..

Members, if I get into trouble, could I send in the application via post and still make it as a last resort?

ADK

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:28 pm

Innocent, thanks for the suggestion - the statements they provide after a phone call are even worstly (??? can we say that?) displayed!! :D

ADK, Croydon as well... btw, didn't see LOTS of success stories from Croydon, so i do regret a bit... Solihul must have been better?

bob-russell

Post by bob-russell » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Send the printed copies and the covering letter they send with the copies. They are usually on plain A4 paper.

The alternative is to send on-line statement copies and self-certify them. with the steady move to on-line banking this will not be a first for them.

Explain why you do not have originals (ie they don't send them!). You give permission for the UKBA to contact and get any information from any source they see fit. You do this by signing the end of the form.

If they doubt the validity of any document they have the powers to check them anyway.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:11 pm

barclays is shite. I am with santander, all i have to do is to email them using online banking and they send with proper statements within 2 weeks without any charge.

you need to go to the branch and speak to them.

adk

Post by adk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:40 pm

T-Bag, I did my Tier 1 extension at croydon and as long as everything is in order I reckon you dont have to worry (it seemed pretty straightfoward) regardless of success stories. Or at least this is what I am hoping.

Barclays on a personal basis is pretty shocking, the business side has been far better for me (self employed side)

I have called my bank manager and he is trying to get them sorted.

As mentioned before, I think its pretty bad they dont accept the PDF from the online statements, its the way everything is going and they are going to have to change their regulations eventually.

Once again, thanks for the help.

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:25 pm

Hello guys,

I think there is no issue with Barclays as a Bank. I went and met a representative and asked him that I need last two months statements as I have to send it to HO. He was very helpful and printed the statements for me from their Statement Cash point and then stamped and signed it for me. It all depends how you convey your message to them.
Not all those who wander are lost...

adnanub

Post by adnanub » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:48 pm

From the barclays bank branch you an only get statement dated back 3 month. If you need more than 3 month old then they will send you statement on the plain paper ledger type. I dont think this will be accepted by HO

adnanub

Barclay bank statement

Post by adnanub » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 pm

Can senior comment on this for the barclay bank ststement as the bank domt stamp?????? Your comment will be appreciated

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:51 pm

Barclays DOES stamp!! I had the same issue and got it sorted by going to a branch. Do NOT go with your statements. Go there and ask for a statement. Then tell them to stamp it. Go to a small branch as they'll have more time for you - small branch = not busy branch.

Let us know how you get on

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Barclay bank statement

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 am

adnanub wrote:Can senior comment on this for the barclay bank ststement as the bank domt stamp?????? Your comment will be appreciated
You don't need the stamp. Just order the statement over the phone. It will come with the cover letter and that is sufficient. The Immigration Directorate Instructions says it clearly.

"Personal bank statements showing the payments made to the applicant: Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email)."

These words are extracted from IDI on settlement.
The question is... to be or not to be....