ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON UK NATIONAL MARRYING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jul14
Newly Registered

NON UK NATIONAL MARRYING ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

Post by jul14 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:49 pm

Just wanted to say what an excellent website this is.
IT DOESNT GET ANY WORSE THAN THIS IM SURE! :cry:
I realise this might seem like a waste of time to some (just give up now) but im really hoping someone can hep out and give some tips (maybe been there...)
Im Ukrainian Ive been in the UK for 4 years and Im currently planning to apply for the HSMP(As a doctor). My boyfriend has been living illegally in the UK for the past 6 years (he got refused asylum) and worked and paid tax for 5years. We both want to get married and not sure what the best options will be.
I mean I see British Nationals having problems bringing in their spouses and im worried that it will be impossible for us.
We were thinking of him going back to his country (he's Albanian) and applying for a fiance visa from there (once I got the HSMP visa or work permit). Trouble is we havent lived together, nor are we planning to until we get married (due to personal beliefs).
And obviously I havent yet got an approval for the HSMP (waiting to re-sit the IELTS before I can send my docs in).
So question is:
1.Would it be better if we were married first and he goes back and applies for a spouse visa instead of fiance.
2.Does the fact that we havent and wount live together until we get married have an impact?
3.How much money am i expected to have and weather not having my own property will affect the decision?
4.What sort of proof that we know each other(met) etc can we give.
Any help from anyone much appreciated. Anybody been in similar? (Non Uk National with Non Uk National immigrational pallaver!!)

Many Thanks and Have a Merry Christmas everyone!!!!

antontony

Post by antontony » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:20 am

Hello,

Nice to hear from compatriots :D

Let me quickly answer your questions :

1.Would it be better if we were married first and he goes back and applies for a spouse visa instead of fiance --- YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO GET MARRIED IN THE UK AS HE HAS NOT LEGAL STATUS IN THE UK, SO HE IS BARRED FROM MARRYING IN THE UK

- YOU MUST GET YOUR HSMP FIRST. THEN YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE UK AND GET MARIED IN EITHER ALBANIA OR UKRAINE ; HE WILL NOT BE ISSUED A VISA FOR UKRANINE FROM THE UK AS HE HAS NO LEGAL STATUS IN THE UK

- HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO APPLY EITHER FOR A FIANCE NORE SPOUSE VISA ; INSTEAD HE MAY ONLY APPLY FOR A DEPENDANT OF A WORK PERMIT (HSMP) HOLDER, AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE ISSUED A VISA IN LINE WITH DURATION OF YOUR HSMP VISA

2.Does the fact that we havent and wount live together until we get married have an impact? --- NOT NECESSARILY

3.How much money am i expected to have and weather not having my own property will affect the decision? --- A FEW THOUSAND POUNDS SHOLE BE OK ; PROPERTY NOT A PROBLEM, BUT YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST A SINGLE BEDROOM IN YOUR EXCLUSIVE USE

4.What sort of proof that we know each other(met) etc can we give - SEE ABOVE ; MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, PHOTOS, LETTERS FROM WITNESSES

John

Post by John » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:23 am

Posting in Block Capitals on the internet is equivalent to shouting. Accordingly any post on this Board containing a lot of words all in Block Capitals in liable to be deleted without warning.

jul14, I think the plan should be :-
  • you get your HSMP approved, and then get a UK visa on that basis
  • the two of you travel to Albania and get married there
  • your husband (as he will be) then applies for a visa as your dependent
Living together before marriage? In UK immigration law that is certainly not insisted upon. People's religious and cultural backgrounds differ. The immigration rules merely say the couple must have met.
John

jul14
Newly Registered

Post by jul14 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:26 pm

Many thanks for the replies. They were really helpful. I guess a traditional london church wedding is out of the question then. Pity. I was hoping that my having a HSMP status will mean he will be able to get a finance visa when he goes back to Albania. And then we could get married once he gets in to the UK, but doesnt look like it. I appreciate all the advice. A Happy New Year to everyone.

John

Post by John » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:33 pm

There is nothing to stop you having a simple Register Office-style wedding in Albania, followed by a Church wedding blessing in the UK.
John