ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Phone Interview

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

darikusa

Phone Interview

Post by darikusa » Tue Aug 03, 2004 6:34 pm

Hi,

I have a phone screen interview with a UK Consultancy company. I have a technical background in J2EE and Application servers. What should I expect in the interview? Any tips on phone interviews. Will they ask me technical stuff or other workplace, HR-related questions?

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:41 pm

Normally, a telephonic interview is conducted to find the communication skills and 'involvments levels' of a canditate as a member of a team.
Also they might ask about things that you have not mentioned in your CV but relevant to their requirement and see how you approach them.

Your soft skills will be tested (for eg:, if you have mentioned team leading or client liaising experience in your CV). It is less likely to be technical, but be prepared to talk little bit technical things briefly in a most understandable manner even if the interviewer is a non-techie.

You can expect all HR related questions, so be prepared to please them with semi-idealistic answers to all their standard and non-standard questions.

Good luck !

darikusa

Post by darikusa » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:44 am

Thanks for your information. It was indeed a 20 minute phone interview from HR.