ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main applicant applying seperately than dependants

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

salloo

Main applicant applying seperately than dependants

Post by salloo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Respected Members,
Apology if this has already been answered.
I'm on Tier 1 General with three dependents. I just need confirmation that dependants can apply for extension separately (without any valid reason - except saving some money) while main applicant has already applied for Tier 1 General extension and waiting for result.

The idea is main applicant will apply by post and after 10-15 days all dependents will apply, ofcourse using the same bank statement with enough amount as maintenance to show.

Main applicant fee: £1500
Three dependents fee: £561x3=£1683

Is there any objection in this way of application?

Regards

longshift
United Kingdom

Re: Main applicant applying seperately than dependants

Post by longshift » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:45 pm

salloo wrote:Hi Respected Members,
I'm on Tier 1 General with three dependents. I just need confirmation that dependants can apply for extension separately (without any valid reason - except saving some money) while main applicant has already applied for Tier 1 General extension and waiting for result.

The idea is main applicant will apply by post and after 10-15 days all dependents will apply, ofcourse using the same bank statement with enough amount as maintenance to show.

Regards
There is no problem with this mate. Many people are choosing the path that you have chosen just for the fact that the fees are cheaper this way. Good Luck with your applications.

layman

Post by layman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:23 am

No problem at all.

when you say same bank statements, remember that bank statements need to be originals/stamp&signed. So hopefully you have 2 set of valid bank statements for the same period to be sent with the 2 different applications.

Also, how much maintenance funds have you maintained and planning to show for the applications?

razian97
United Kingdom

Re: Main applicant applying seperately than dependants

Post by razian97 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:24 am

salloo wrote:Hi Respected Members,

No problem at all as we discussed earlier.when we fill the dependent application form,there is a question on first page,
Is denpendent applying at the same time with main applicant" yes or no.tick NO.
Covering letter is also a good idea.
Regards
Razian

salloo

Post by salloo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:20 am

Thanks everyone for replies. Yes ofcourse, I'll be attaching a covering letter and will have duplicate bank statements officially from bank. I'm showing £900 for myself and £600x3 for dependants.

One more question, do I have to attach marriage certificate with main applicant's application or dependants application?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:35 am

salloo wrote:Thanks everyone for replies. Yes ofcourse, I'll be attaching a covering letter and will have duplicate bank statements officially from bank. I'm showing £900 for myself and £600x3 for dependants.

One more question, do I have to attach marriage certificate with main applicant's application or dependants application?
Main Applicant - No

Dependant Application - Yes[This is not mandatory if dependants have previously been granted leave as your dependant. But if its not a too much trouble, I would say attach it]

salloo

Post by salloo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks for swift reply. :-)

layman

Post by layman » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:12 am

salloo wrote:I'm showing £900 for myself and £600x3 for dependants.
How much amount are you maintaining for the last 3 month period? more than £2700 (for main + dependants) or more than £1800 (required for dependants application) OR showing £900 and £1800 from different accounts?

salloo

Post by salloo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:10 pm

£2700+ in the same account

salloo

Post by salloo » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:08 pm

After the main applicant has applied, when I was filling the dependents form I encounter these questions

L3. Reference number of the main applicant's most recent application to us:
L4. Date of the main applicant’s most recent application to us:

I searched the forum and most of the people suggest to leave these blank, but in my case for L4 I'll be knowing the date when main applicant recently applied although he is still waiting for result. Should I mention that date or leave it blank?

layman

Post by layman » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:49 pm

If you have received the reference number for your recent application, then mention that in L3. If not recd, leave blank.

Mention your most recent application date in L4

jatinuk

Post by jatinuk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:23 am

salloo wrote:£2700+ in the same account
Hi Team,

I have some what the same scenario as sallo,

I am on Tier 1 General visa & working in UK for last 18 months
My wife who has Dependent visa is also with me for 18 months now

I am applying for visa on mid October 2012, & for my wife on November 2012

It is possible to show the same bank account ( my salary account) for both of our application application, I am maintaining the required fund (900 + 600 ) for required days

I have another saving account which is a joint saving account for me and my wife,

Which would be the best bet for proving the fund maintainance for my wife's application, my salary account or the joint account

Please reply as it is kind of urgent now

Appreciate your forum & the help you are providing

Thanks
Regards
Jatin

salloo

Post by salloo » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:25 pm

both are fine, I believe.