ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help required. Please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shaktiman

Urgent Help required. Please help

Post by shaktiman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:40 pm

Hello All,

I've an appointment(PEO Tier 1 G extension) on 6th of Aug and my wife is going to India for some work on 8th Aug.

I've read in the blog that they give you card now(not a sticker in your passport) which take around 1 week to come.

My wife already booked the tickets to India(£800 non refundable). My visa is expiring on 17th Aug(She will return on 28th Aug)

Can she go now with the approval letter only and come with the same. Please advise soon?

Many Thanks,
Shaktiman
---------------------------------
Anti "ANDHERA KAYAM RAHE"

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: Urgent Help required. Please help

Post by adityak77 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:53 pm

shaktiman wrote:Hello All,

I've an appointment(PEO Tier 1 G extension) on 6th of Aug and my wife is going to India for some work on 8th Aug.

I've read in the blog that they give you card now(not a sticker in your passport) which take around 1 week to come.

My wife already booked the tickets to India(£800 non refundable). My visa is expiring on 17th Aug(She will return on 28th Aug)

Can she go now with the approval letter only and come with the same. Please advise soon?

Many Thanks,
Shaktiman

You cannot travel without your BRP card, so approval letter is a def NO.
Also note that you cannot apply for Extension from India.

its best advisable to travel after your BRP card gets delivery and all is OK ( card details)

hope this helps

Thanks,

shaktiman

Post by shaktiman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:00 pm

Thanks for your reply.
What if I post her card to India while she is in India?
It will be a huge loss of £800.
Do you think I'll be able to get an early date for appointment?

Thanks.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:05 pm

shaktiman wrote:Thanks for your reply.
What if I post her card to India while she is in India?
It will be a huge loss of £800.
Do you think I'll be able to get an early date for appointment?

Thanks.

Legally you cannot post your passport/ BRP card overseas.
Also when the BRP card is made the old visa is null and void. So avoid all this.

Immigration officers are smart, do not attempt such a thing of posting BRP card to India

shaktiman

Post by shaktiman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:10 pm

Thanks Aditya for your help. Can you please suggest an alternative then?

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:25 pm

shaktiman wrote:Thanks Aditya for your help. Can you please suggest an alternative then?

Travel after you get your BRP card
Book a PEO at an earlier date so that your wife can travel on the 8th. Keep a week to 10 days buffer after PEO to get your BRP card.

shaktiman

Post by shaktiman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:58 pm

Thanks again Aditya for your help.

How to get an early date?
If I cancel my appointment on 6th and don't get anything earlier then I'll be in trouble.

Can you please help booking earlier date?

Thanks

layman

Post by layman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:05 pm

The tickets can be non-cancelable(ie no refund) but are they also non-changeable ie cannot be changed for a later departure?

Try booking an earlier appointment, very difficult but not impossible.

If not, best case scenario, you will get your BRP just before your spouse travels. Many have got BRP within 2 days assuming the decision is given on the same day.

Worst case scenario - you dont get the BRP and travel is a must. What then?

As long as you have the passport, I dont think that the UK visa/BRP is checked while leaving UK. People who have traveled recently can confirm since I cant remember what happened when I had traveled.

Even if vignette on passport is checked and assuming that the old visa is void and null in 2 days, in all fairness, one is not on the wrong side of the law to leave the country without carrying BRP. If yes, then you cannot do anything further and will be turned away from the airport. If not, no harm in turning up at the airport and trying to leave.

If your wife is able to leave, need to check if it is really illegal to send BRP outside UK by post. Passport - definitely illegal, but BRP - dont know yet. Now that BRP is not a vignette in the passport, am sure there would be cases in the future where people will simply forget to take their BRP along unless it is mandatory to be shown on exit(the way a passport is since it is a travel document). What happens to them?

If it is indeed illegal to send by post, then you have following options

1. After receiving BRP, you go to India and take the BRP with you. Yeah, seems like throwing good money after bad money but you might as well enjoy the monsoon with your better half!
2. Alternatively, find someone in your friend/relative/acquaintance circle who is traveling to India(after you receive BRP and before 27th Aug) and is willing to carry the BRP in person and send it within India to your wife by whatever means.
3. Do note that if your wife is able to leave without BRP and you cannot find anyone traveling, you will have to go before her return (or postpone her return until the BRP reaches there somehow)

All if and then scenarios depending on the legalities of leaving UK without BRP and sending it by post, but hopefully will get you thinking now that you have got yourself in this situation.

shaktiman

Post by shaktiman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

Thanks Layman for your detailes help.
I'll make another account today and try to book appointment on earlier dates. If I got success, I'll then cancel my old appointment with old account.

If I want to change the air tickets its £400 penalty(too much for me)

Anyway thanks a lot.
Any idea what time I'll be able to get early dates?
If some one is cancelling any appointment, please let me know.

Regards,

SHAKTIMAN

Andhera Kayam nahin rahega

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:39 pm

Don't file the VISA for your wife and let her fly on your old Visa as her Dependent Visa be still valid till 17th August.

Once you get your VISA share the details with her so that she can apply entry clearance from the home country and then fly back.

The only thing is that she may not be able to travel on 28th August. Atleast you will save one side fare..

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:47 pm

mantasingh wrote:Don't file the VISA for your wife and let her fly on your old Visa as her Dependent Visa be still valid till 17th August.

Once you get your VISA share the details with her so that she can apply entry clearance from the home country and then fly back.

The only thing is that she may not be able to travel on 28th August. Atleast you will save one side fare..
Extension can not be applied from home country. If you go for entry clearance, new rules will apply. so better apply in UK.

layman

Post by layman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:49 pm

workable option Manta but wouldn't that put the spouse under the new 5 year requirement for ILR?

Also, what happens when an appointment is booked for 2 but only one person attends? Has anyone gone through this successfully?

shaktiman - I would rather pay £400 and get the peace of mind if travel is absolutely necessary.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:01 pm

AFAIK. National documents cannot be sent overseas by post. And BRP card being a national document, it cannot be sent by post/courier.

Also note, even if the BRP card is sent by post, The immigration officers will doubt and question and it may be an issue at the airport.

Its best to avoid as I have said previously.

Its not impossible to book a PEO ,its also advisable that when an application either by post/PEO is made to HO, travel arrangements have to be made as appropriate.

Thanks,

shaktiman

Post by shaktiman » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks a lot to all for your help.

Has anyone seen any appoitments availability for next 10 days?
If yes then I may be able to get one if I sit 24 hours on Laptop (Imean on chair looking to laptop).
Please advise.

Thanks a lot again. You guys rock.

-----------------------------------------
Kilvish ka antt nishchit hai

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:47 pm

shaktiman wrote:Thanks a lot to all for your help.

Has anyone seen any appoitments availability for next 10 days?
If yes then I may be able to get one if I sit 24 hours on Laptop (Imean on chair looking to laptop).
Please advise.

Thanks a lot again. You guys rock.

-----------------------------------------
Kilvish ka antt nishchit hai
If you are ready to spend extra you can get in touch with a solicitor for an appointment. I heard generally solicitor charges around 300 pounds and they tend to have appointments available.