ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 fast processing times or wishful thinking

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:05 pm

I'm surprised they didn't process your PR when they returned your passport. I sent my application on the same day as yours and was hoping they would be very close to processing mine by now.

brandom
Newly Registered

Post by brandom » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:35 pm

onetowatch20 wrote:I'm surprised they didn't process your PR when they returned your passport. I sent my application on the same day as yours and was hoping they would be very close to processing mine by now.
I am still hoping to get PR before my holiday in August.At least I know that case worker looked at my application :D
I think HO began to look at application from beginning of February so hopefully we can get PR before the end of July.

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 pm

I have travel booked for the beginning of September. It will be exactly six months at that point... I'm hoping to get it back before the end of this month though... I saw the other day that some people from the beginning of Feb had received their PR, so hopefully we'll have ours soon too!

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:02 pm

onetowatch20 wrote:I have travel booked for the beginning of September. It will be exactly six months at that point... I'm hoping to get it back before the end of this month though... I saw the other day that some people from the beginning of Feb had received their PR, so hopefully we'll have ours soon too!
Hi guys, as of February applications, I think we should get something by end of July although it's less than 6 months but it seems that they are completing them.......
Should we call HO for an update or they gonna they turn round and say as always,,,,it hasn't passed 6months yet :)) like always.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Emo
Newly Registered

Eea4

Post by Emo » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Have any one got his PR applied in feb???

livenok18
Newly Registered

Post by livenok18 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:27 pm

I applied for EEA4 on 22 december 2011 and STILL waiting!! Also i requested my passport 3 weeks ago and NOTHING! i sent fax, called 10 times, they sent urgent request and i am waiting now( I have flights coming up ..... Anyone know what should i do?

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:44 pm

livenok18 wrote:I applied for EEA4 on 22 december 2011 and STILL waiting!! Also i requested my passport 3 weeks ago and NOTHING! i sent fax, called 10 times, they sent urgent request and i am waiting now( I have flights coming up ..... Anyone know what should i do?
you should RAISE HELL! It had to be decided by 22 June 2012 and they are a month overdue, don't sit on your hands, start emailing your MP, UKBA complaints department, Solvit etc. If you don't hassle, they won't rush it. Demand that they either refuse or grant PR as it's overdue and in breach of the statutory requirement.

livenok18
Newly Registered

Post by livenok18 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:37 pm

mcovet wrote:
livenok18 wrote:I applied for EEA4 on 22 december 2011 and STILL waiting!! Also i requested my passport 3 weeks ago and NOTHING! i sent fax, called 10 times, they sent urgent request and i am waiting now( I have flights coming up ..... Anyone know what should i do?
you should RAISE HELL! It had to be decided by 22 June 2012 and they are a month overdue, don't sit on your hands, start emailing your MP, UKBA complaints department, Solvit etc. If you don't hassle, they won't rush it. Demand that they either refuse or grant PR as it's overdue and in breach of the statutory requirement.

I already contacted my MP, and send 2 email , MP would take 15 working days
I called UKBA the lady made urgent third request and she said that she emailed manager!!
I have flights in the very beginning of August and i am trying to tke my passport back almost a month now!!!! And i sent fax today as well with my tickets...((

could you please tell me what else should i do?((

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

It's worrying to hear that! It is close to 5 months since I made my EEA4 application and I was hoping it would arrive very soon.
It's frustrating that I cannot call to find out if they are processing it or even looking at it... Today I tried to get some information out of them, but the woman I spoke to in the call centre (Nicole) was rude and couldn't even pretend to care.
I have travel booked for the beginning of September (just after the 6 month mark) and am starting to get anxious whether I will have my passport and PR back together.

livenok18
Newly Registered

Post by livenok18 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:43 am

onetowatch20 wrote:
It's worrying to hear that! It is close to 5 months since I made my EEA4 application and I was hoping it would arrive very soon.
It's frustrating that I cannot call to find out if they are processing it or even looking at it... Today I tried to get some information out of them, but the woman I spoke to in the call centre (Nicole) was rude and couldn't even pretend to care.
I have travel booked for the beginning of September (just after the 6 month mark) and am starting to get anxious whether I will have my passport and PR back together.

It is :( my application is almost 7 month old (in 2 days)
I really hope that i will receive my passport before my flights ( and really now i dont care if it come with a visa or not as i just want my passport back!)
will call to home office today again in 20 minutes
i am not sleeping at night now because of this

livenok18
Newly Registered

Post by livenok18 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:09 am

I received my passport with permanent residence today! ))))) :D

onetowatch20
Newly Registered

Post by onetowatch20 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:16 am

livenok18 wrote:I received my passport with permanent residence today! ))))) :D
Congratulations! What a relief it must be for you!

abBY20

Post by abBY20 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:45 pm

Wow..a big congrats!!!
I applied in april for PR
Hope mine arrives soon too cos its really frustrating..I have to cancel all prebooked holiday
I still haven't received coa..I called them yesterday and a nice lady said to me she will mark it urgent for me to receive the coa and also confirmed that my application as being received and that they are dealing with it..
Am expectant..
Goodluck everyone that's still waiting for PR :D

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:55 am

abBY20 wrote:Wow..a big congrats!!!
I applied in april for PR
Hope mine arrives soon too cos its really frustrating..I have to cancel all prebooked holiday
I still haven't received coa..I called them yesterday and a nice lady said to me she will mark it urgent for me to receive the coa and also confirmed that my application as being received and that they are dealing with it..
Am expectant..
Goodluck everyone that's still waiting for PR :D
Congratulations mate.
I rung HO last week, after 24 minutes got through, the lady told me, I haven't passed six months so she can't check nothing, I must wait untill 27/08/2012 as would be six months from 27/02/2012.
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:14 am

EEA4 sent 15/05/12
Received by HO: 16/05/12

Am still awaiting COA! Is this normal or do I need to be concerned & start ringing them?

If so, what's the best telephone number to contact them on?

Thanks.

Update: my husband just spoke to the HO. HO confirmed that application has been received & that its not necessary that COA is sent as sometimes application is processed before COA is issued! :| She advised that we should just sit tight & wait.

anp

Post by anp » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:05 pm

What agreement do you have with your employer? I take he/she must be an understanding one, unlike most.
Be good.

bangash
Newly Registered

Applied for EEA4 on the 2nd

Post by bangash » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:07 pm

I applied for EEA4 on 2/7/2012, EEA2 expires in September 2012,
they got my docs on the 3rd but still no COA,
I have left everything in Gods will, hopefully i receive some good news from them in near future.....:)

spike_UK

Re: Applied for EEA4 on the 2nd

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:17 pm

bangash wrote:I applied for EEA4 on 2/7/2012, EEA2 expires in September 2012,
they got my docs on the 3rd but still no COA,
I have left everything in Gods will, hopefully i receive some good news from them in near future.....:)
I think you should write to them, as it's almost 6 months so dont let it pass 6 months.
Good luck mate.
PR dated 05/03/2013

Gigimou
Newly Registered

Post by Gigimou » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Applied for EEA4 - 16 June 2012
Received by HO - 19 June 2012
COA recevied .....
PR received .....

I thought i would of at least had my COA by now? My RC only expired end of August, does this have anything to do with it?

Any suggestions shall i call them as it has been 5 weeks now.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:05 pm

Gigimou wrote:Applied for EEA4 - 16 June 2012
COA recevied .....
PR received .....

I thought i would of at least had my COA by now? My RC only expired end of August, does this have anything to do with it?

There is no legal requirement for the HO to send CoA for PR Confirmation application (although the HO does send one).
Why do you need CoA anyway?

Gigimou
Newly Registered

Post by Gigimou » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:16 pm

Jambo wrote:
Gigimou wrote:Applied for EEA4 - 16 June 2012
COA recevied .....
PR received .....

There is no legal requirement for the HO to send CoA for PR Confirmation application (although the HO does send one).
Why do you need CoA anyway?
Hi Jambo

I have no proof that I can work legally in the UK, recruitment agencies request a copy of your passport when you register with them and unfortunately the recruitment consultants are not familiar with EU immigration laws, at least if I have the COA I can show them my passport is with HO.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:25 pm

Gigimou wrote: Hi Jambo

I have no proof that I can work legally in the UK, recruitment agencies request a copy of your passport when you register with them and unfortunately the recruitment consultants are not familiar with EU immigration laws, at least if I have the COA I can show them my passport is with HO.
Call HO and explain you need CoA to prove eligibility to your employer. Alternatively, ask the employer to call the HO employer helpline. The HO should be able to confirm to the employer the application is with them and your eligibility to work.

sarwar74

EEA4

Post by sarwar74 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:11 pm

hello i recive COA today i apply on 11.06.2012 still waitnkg to issue pr good luck to evry one

anp

Post by anp » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:46 pm

I noticed moderators in other topics of this forum have kept a timeline of the applications. Has anyone done the same for EEA3 & EEA4? If so, may I politely ask you to post it here? If not, could we perhaps start one based on the existing posts?
Be good.

Liberal Immigrant

Post by Liberal Immigrant » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:56 pm

Liberal Immigrant wrote:EEA4 sent 15/05/12
Received by HO: 16/05/12

Am still awaiting COA! Is this normal or do I need to be concerned & start ringing them?

If so, what's the best telephone number to contact them on?

Thanks.

Update: my husband just spoke to the HO. HO confirmed that application has been received & that its not necessary that COA is sent as sometimes application is processed before COA is issued! :| She advised that we should just sit tight & wait.
Received the COA today & it was dated 3rd July 2012. Which means when I called them (see above), EEA4 had already been issued & she tried to hint at it without actually confirming that it had been issued.

Anyway, its great news that its been issued in such a short time, though it was a really well prepared bundle.

Best of luck to every1 else. May the gods be with you :)