ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Consecutive Family visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vijayg

Consecutive Family visitor Visa

Post by vijayg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:32 am

Hi,

Me and my wife are PRs in UK.

I am planning to bring my mother-in-law from India for the 1st time in November 2012 as a family visitor on initial 6 months visa.

When she goes back to India in April 2013, can I again apply for family visitor visa to bring her in June/July 2013? If yes, if I apply for 5 or 10 year family visitor visa, will it be granted?

Please let me know.

PS: In February 2013, we will be eligible for British Citizenship and will be applying together for it eventually.

Many thanks.
Vijay

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:55 am

There is a general prohibition on remaining in the UK for more than six months in a given yearly cycle. It will be at the discretion of the UKBA to allow her to re-enter soon after her previous visit.

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:17 pm

Hi Lucapooka,

Thanks for your response. The reason is, we are expecting our 1st baby in January and we are planning to have the delivery in UK. After the baby is born, we will visit India around March for couple of months and on returning to UK bring my mother-in-law as well to take care of the baby for a few months.

So, can I mention about the delivery on the initial and 2nd time applications for my mother-in-law. I have also read some threads on people mentioning about the baby while applying family visitor visa, but I am a bit confused.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:29 pm

You can mention whatever you like, but it's really not certain if your mother will be permitted to return to the UK in a situation where she will go substantially beyond the six month out of twelve threshold. That's about all there is say. You'll just have to apply and see what happens.

pennylessinindia

Re: Consecutive Family visitor Visa

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:26 pm

vijayg wrote:Hi,

Me and my wife are PRs in UK.

I am planning to bring my mother-in-law from India for the 1st time in November 2012 as a family visitor on initial 6 months visa.

When she goes back to India in April 2013, can I again apply for family visitor visa to bring her in June/July 2013? If yes, if I apply for 5 or 10 year family visitor visa, will it be granted?

Please let me know.

PS: In February 2013, we will be eligible for British Citizenship and will be applying together for it eventually.

Many thanks.
Vijay
Why not apply now and she visits for a couple of months and is back in India say November and then you apply for one more 6 month visa not 5 year one in say May that way everyone is happy - if the second visit is the most important then why not just apply once in May time. Be careful providing child care to allow your wife to return to work is not really allowed.
pennyless

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:21 am

Yes "PennylessIndia's" suggestion is the right one. Follow it and also don't ever ever mention that you are calling your MIL for child care, they are definitely going to refuse the visa. I have got loads of examples.

One more suggestion - Don't apply for long term visas until she has visited UK three or four times. There is no hard and soft rule regarding this - but in my experience I have seen more refusals for long term visas especially family visit. You save the money as well if applied for short term visa (eg.6-months)

But its entirely upto you.

All the best,

Regards...
santosh

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:52 am

Hi Penylessinindia and Santosh,

Thank you very much indeed for your suggestions.

I will better apply only 6 months visa and never mention about child care.

Many thanks.