ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new Born Indian Passport (Parents on Tier-II)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

firangi

new Born Indian Passport (Parents on Tier-II)

Post by firangi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:37 am

Hi
I am on Tier-II Visa (issued Dec 2008) and my wife + 6 yr old daughter as dependent. We are expecting our 2nd baby at start of Sept-12. We are flying to India in Dec-12 for a holiday. I have 2 questions:
1) how long does it take for registration and Indian passport for the new born (application in person)?
2) After receiving the passport, what is the process of applying for tier-II dependent visa for the baby, including the timelines?

Cheers

visaforv10

Re: new Born Indian Passport (Parents on Tier-II)

Post by visaforv10 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Hi,
We are also in the same situation. So, it would be really helpful if someone can reply this query.

firangi wrote:Hi
I am on Tier-II Visa (issued Dec 2008) and my wife + 6 yr old daughter as dependent. We are expecting our 2nd baby at start of Sept-12. We are flying to India in Dec-12 for a holiday. I have 2 questions:
1) how long does it take for registration and Indian passport for the new born (application in person)?
2) After receiving the passport, what is the process of applying for tier-II dependent visa for the baby, including the timelines?

Cheers

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:44 pm

Hello firangi & visaforv10

Applying for Indian passport is straight forward. After your child is born, take the birth certificate asap. Download the new passport Registration form from HCI website for minors. You can find these forms here.

http://hcilondon.in/passport.php

Fill the form, take all the supporting documents (originals) and and two sets of photocopies, go to India High Commission near Holborn, address is mentioned in the above website.

Only thing is you may have to spend your whole day at HCI and mind you, you need to go very early (around 6 or 7 am in the morning) as they usually issue a limited number of tokens per day (Unless this has been changed recently).

Also, take both of your original passports (you and your wife's) and follow instructions of the HCI london staff, they will guide you there. The service at HCI london is bit un-organized but you have to bear this. :(

I applied for my daughter's passport in 2008 in the same procedure.

You should get your child's passport within a week from the date you lodge your application at HCI.

After you receive the passports, apply for the dependent visa for your child which is same as the normal dependent visa for Tier-II. The timelines vary from time to time but at the moment it is taking about 4-6 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Regards...
Santosh

hpat

Ragistration required

Post by hpat » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:17 pm

santoshganpath wrote:Hello firangi & visaforv10

Applying for Indian passport is straight forward. After your child is born, take the birth certificate asap. Download the new passport Registration form from HCI website for minors. You can find these forms here.

Fill the form, take all the supporting documents (originals) and and two sets of photocopies, go to India High Commission near Holborn, address is mentioned in the above website.

Only thing is you may have to spend your whole day at HCI and mind you, you need to go very early (around 6 or 7 am in the morning) as they usually issue a limited number of tokens per day (Unless this has been changed recently).

Also, take both of your original passports (you and your wife's) and follow instructions of the HCI london staff, they will guide you there. The service at HCI london is bit un-organized but you have to bear this. :(

I applied for my daughter's passport in 2008 in the same procedure.

You should get your child's passport within a week from the date you lodge your application at HCI.

After you receive the passports, apply for the dependent visa for your child which is same as the normal dependent visa for Tier-II. The timelines vary from time to time but at the moment it is taking about 4-6 weeks.

Hope this helps.

Regards...
Santosh
I think child needs to be ragistered first with Indian embassy before applying his/her passport.
Read the link below:

santoshganpath

Post by santoshganpath » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:10 pm

Registration and application for Passport will be done at the same time.

Regards...
Santosh

harish.sun
Newly Registered

Travelling to India

Post by harish.sun » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:50 am

Dear Friends,

My child born on December and we are planning to travel to India on 10th Jan and return to UK on April.

My question is after getting Indian passport to my child from UK embassy, can we travel to India and process UK visa from India before coming back to UK on April.

Is there any restriction on travelling to India just with Indian passport or will there be any issue while processing UK visa from India.

Cheers,
Harish

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

travelling to india

Post by immiadvisor » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:02 pm

hi Harish.sun,

You can travel to India and make an application from India for a dependant visa for your child.

What visa are you on at the moment and when do you qualify for ILR?

harish.sun
Newly Registered

Re: travelling to india

Post by harish.sun » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:55 pm

immiadvisor wrote:hi Harish.sun,

You can travel to India and make an application from India for a dependant visa for your child.

What visa are you on at the moment and when do you qualify for ILR?
Thanks for the reply.

I am on Tier-2 Long term visa nw and i will qualify to ILR in Mid 2014.

immiadvisor
Newly Registered

Post by immiadvisor » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:40 pm

OK, I believe you are in India at the moment and preparing to make a dependent visa application for your child?