ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mow12345
Newly Registered

What is passport interview?

Post by Mow12345 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 pm

If incase they clearly see this is your photo and give all information correctly, but think you are older than your age what kind of thing by law they can do?
Does any one experience that kind of thing?

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: What is passport interview?

Post by lumera » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 am

Mow12345 wrote:If incase they clearly see this is your photo and give all information correctly, but think you are older than your age what kind of thing by law they can do?
Does any one experience that kind of thing?
Medically, some tests will tell your real age...you can be subjected to medical tests...

This issue has been on your mind for sometime now...

What is your race, continent and country?

Please PM me if you want further information...

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:11 am

sun_ilr wrote:Hi Guys,

i had my ilr done last year and now looking forward to next step of citizenship.

Can any one tell me under the application form they have mentioned 2 refrees? do they contact the refrees via letter or its just for reference?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
I haven't read anyone in this forum mentioning about refrees being contacted. Most likely they won't contact at all.

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:40 pm

manoj123 wrote:
sun_ilr wrote:Hi Guys,

i had my ilr done last year and now looking forward to next step of citizenship.

Can any one tell me under the application form they have mentioned 2 refrees? do they contact the refrees via letter or its just for reference?

Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks,
I haven't read anyone in this forum mentioning about refrees being contacted. Most likely they won't contact at all.
Thanks a lot manoj, i wasnt sure about it so thought to ask. but i know for passport they do contact the refrees....because they did on mysons passport application...thanks again

Mow12345
Newly Registered

Post by Mow12345 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:04 pm

Have you had any experience something like this before?
My background is where there is no any recorded birth certificate.

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:58 pm

Hi All,

Can some one help me please? i am really very confused and stressed...so any help would be really appreciated.

I got my ILR in Nov 2011 under HSMP JR, as i am in the country since 2001. My wife joined me in 2008 and she also got ILR in nov 2011.

Now we are due to apply for citizenship in nov 2012, i am not sure of couple of things.....

1) First of all what documents i require for my application. do i need bank statement and payslips etc or really what do i require???

2) Can my wife also apply for Citizenship at same time with me or does she need to wait to complete 5 years? and if she is allowed to apply then docuements we need to support her application.

Any help would be really appreciated. as some one scared me today that she cant apply yet until she is in the country for 5 years.

Thanks a lot for looking and waiting for responce. Moderators and senior members please help.....
Kind Regards,
Sun

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:11 pm

sun_ilr wrote:Hi All,

Can some one help me please? i am really very confused and stressed...so any help would be really appreciated.

I got my ILR in Nov 2011 under HSMP JR, as i am in the country since 2001. My wife joined me in 2008 and she also got ILR in nov 2011.

Now we are due to apply for citizenship in nov 2012, i am not sure of couple of things.....

1) First of all what documents i require for my application. do i need bank statement and payslips etc or really what do i require???

2) Can my wife also apply for Citizenship at same time with me or does she need to wait to complete 5 years? and if she is allowed to apply then docuements we need to support her application.

Any help would be really appreciated. as some one scared me today that she cant apply yet until she is in the country for 5 years.

Thanks a lot for looking and waiting for responce. Moderators and senior members please help.....
Kind Regards,
Sun
You would not be confused/stressed if you read through the requirements section on UKBA website and the sticky thread

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:15 pm

manoj123 wrote:

Kind Regards,
Sun
You would not be confused/stressed if you read through the requirements section on UKBA website and the sticky thread
Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your reply, but the following link doesnt tell me which documents i need.

I mean do i need to show 6 month bank statement or payslips or p60's?
I Know i require following:

1) passport
2) life in uk test
3) application form
4) photograph
5) fees
6) 5 years p60 for myself

is there anything missing on the list and what does my mrs need to show. could you please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
Sun

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:37 am

sun_ilr wrote: Hi Manoj,

Thanks for your reply, but the following link doesnt tell me which documents i need.

I mean do i need to show 6 month bank statement or payslips or p60's?
I Know i require following:

1) passport
2) life in uk test
3) application form
4) photograph
5) fees
6) 5 years p60 for myself

is there anything missing on the list and what does my mrs need to show. could you please let me know.

Thanks a lot.
Sun
Everthing in your list but NOT 6. You don't need p60s or payslips for naturalisation. If I remember correctly, if you have downloaded the application form, the last page contains the required documents check list.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:03 am

Kind Regards,
Sun
Hi sun_ilr

1- For you

Yes thanks to what manoj123 said is very true.

You only need this for your self:

1) Passport with legal residence for the last 5 years.
2) life in uk test
3) application form
4) photograph
5) fees

If you apply Via NCS they will hand you back your passport and the life in the UK certificate.

2-
Regarding your wife she can not apply with you in November but she will be allowed to apply just after when you get your BC, she can immediately apply as a spouse of you BC as the law is 3 years for spouse of BC.

Documents for your Wife after when you become a BC:

1) Passport with legal residence for the last 3 years.
2) life in uk test
3) application form
4) photograph
5) fees
6) Copy of your BC ( Passport)
7) Mariage certificate

Kind regards

sun_ilr

Post by sun_ilr » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:22 am

Cheers guys thank you very much, not sure i laugh or cry...because i thought we can have both have it done at same time done and dusted....but what you said seem she has to wait till i apply or we apply after may 2013 when is in the country for 5 years...thanks every one. bles you.

sun_ilr

Re: Passport Passport...Going Mad!!

Post by sun_ilr » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi ,

When we apply for child british passport they dont call for interview but ask refree and they will send the letter at there office address. i can give you 100% guarantee on it. In your case for british passport they will call u for the interview and may send the letter for refree too. but the changes in ur case for refree is very low. because interview is must.

Now if your childs passport is already expired then he /she cant travel. and even though its expired you need to surrendeer the passport and give up indian nationality before you can apply for visa.

I dont want to be negative but looks like u r not going to make it. becuase as i mention u cant surender indian nationality and passport untill you have received british passport. becuase when u go to Birmihgam office they will see british passport and take photocopy.

There is no fast process to surrender indian passport.

i wish there is a way around to make it faster. but untill u receive the britsh passport its wait and watch for you.

Any more info you require , please feel free to contact.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:16 pm

sun_ilr wrote:When we apply for child british passport they dont call for interview but ask refree and they will send the letter at there office address. i can give you 100% guarantee on it.
This is simply not true. IPS only contact the referee in selected cases (both adults and children). It is not a standard procedure to all children applications.

This is the busiest time for IPS as many realise their passport is not valid before they go on holiday. Although I agree that if you haven't received the passport within 3 weeks, it is likely your application was selected to go further security checks and your countersignatory might get contacted.

Postal or check & send are not guranteed services and IPS clearly advice not to book any travel before you receive the passport. If you wanted a guranteed service, you should have applied using the Fast track - one week service.

ilrbuddy1
Newly Registered

April 2012 Club

Post by ilrbuddy1 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:12 pm

Anyone from April please use following thread to update your timelines

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... +2012+club

valluvan

Post by valluvan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:01 am

lumera wrote:
Great stuff...very likely to get it then...The Secure DX has been efficient.

I got my docs a day earlier than was indicated on the package!

Fingers crossed...it will come...meanwhile look out for your invite letters - that one will come by 2nd class from a different location!
Thanks Lumera. Eagerly awaiting the courier now. Some of my friends say that you can club the Indian passport surrender and India Visa application together. Once you apply for the surrender of the Indian Passport, VFS gives a receipt, using which we can apply for the Indian Visa at the same time. Is this the case? if it is true then it would definitely speed up the process.

darksun

Post by darksun » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Hey guys&girls,

I have 1 interesting question actually. People who call UKBA for a piece of update on applications, is the same person picking up your phones? Mine is always a nice tlaking lady but she always says we can't access to applications less than 6 months so that's it, nothing else. I'm a bit surprised that it's every time the same person and can't get any info like some of the guys does in this forum...

Any ideas? thanks :)

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:41 pm

darksun wrote:Hey guys&girls,

I have 1 interesting question actually. People who call UKBA for a piece of update on applications, is the same person picking up your phones? Mine is always a nice tlaking lady but she always says we can't access to applications less than 6 months so that's it, nothing else. I'm a bit surprised that it's every time the same person and can't get any info like some of the guys does in this forum...

Any ideas? thanks :)
Most of the people that have responded here are most likely giving updates on Passport Application...where feedback can be quite responsive.

Regarding Naturalisation applications, feedback is seldom positive...I am assuming you're seeking assistance regarding naturalisation. is that correct?

darksun

Post by darksun » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:48 pm

Hey Lumera,

Yes, I meant naturalization application. It's just a bit surprising every time I talked to the same very person also...

kingm
Newly Registered

4 days after my passport interview

Post by kingm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:50 am

Hi guys, I need help about this.
Is been 4 days since I went to interview and I could not receive any thing. After I checked what the people are writing in this web I really feel panic and thought is it ok or there is something wrong?
By the way, How do you guys think?
Is it too early to worry? or I should contact the IPS to ask update: Please help;

sun_ilr

Re: 4 days after my passport interview

Post by sun_ilr » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 am

kingm wrote:Hi guys, I need help about this.
Is been 4 days since I went to interview and I could not receive any thing. After I checked what the people are writing in this web I really feel panic and thought is it ok or there is something wrong?
By the way, How do you guys think?
Is it too early to worry? or I should contact the IPS to ask update: Please help;
Hello kingm,

what is your question?

kingm
Newly Registered

Re: 4 days after my passport interview

Post by kingm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:15 am

My question is 4 days after the Interview, No passport and no letter either. Am I really in trouble?
The interview was not that hard to me cause they asked me basic questions about the whole process of the application.
And finally the agent told me to sign and I did.
Is it ok from Friday to today wednesday that I don't have any news?

Please guys advice is important

goodfellow1

Passport application help????

Post by goodfellow1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Hi there,
I have just got my British naturalization certificate and about to apply for my first passport, the application form is quite confusing, can someone please advise on SECTION 3: have you had or been included on any sort of passport? should I cross No or leave it blank?
Section 4: Parents details? should I give my parents details despite that my father is deceased
They are 4 boxes in parents details section 4: witch ones they need to be crossed?
One of the photos need to be certified, does it need to be signed and dated by the counter signatory or just his(her) name and the date?
you help will be highly appreciated :)

lumera
- thin ice -

Re: Passport application help????

Post by lumera » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:10 pm

goodfellow1 wrote:Hi there,
I have just got my British naturalization certificate and about to apply for my first passport, the application form is quite confusing, can someone please advise on SECTION 3: have you had or been included on any sort of passport? should I cross No or leave it blank? Choose No on the assumption that as a child, you were not endorsed on your parents' passports.
Section 4: Parents details? should I give my parents details despite that my father is deceased . Yes.
They are 4 boxes in parents details section 4: witch ones they need to be crossed? That depends on when you were born
One of the photos need to be certified, does it need to be signed and dated by the counter signatory or just his(her) name and the date?
The countersignatory needs to write : "I certify that this is the true likeness of [Full Name]", He/She must add signature and date the passport photo.
you help will be highly appreciated :)

goodfellow1

Post by goodfellow1 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:59 pm

Thanks a lot lumera for your reply I really appreciated it, can you please specify regarding the parents detail 4 boxes, you have mentioned that it depends when I was born? I am sorry I didn't get that, can you please give an example.
Thank you so kindly[/quote]

joh118

Post by joh118 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 am

I am in the process of applying for the passport, I've already been naturalised.

In the documents I need to send, it says "Passport you entered the UK with", what does this mean? Because I have 2 previous expired passports. Do I need to send all my expired and current passports or just the first passport I used to enter the UK with?

Thanks in advance.