ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:17 pm

SingaporeGirl wrote:GmanILR2012: how long have you been waiting?

I have sent emails to Watchdog and Panorama about my case. I think more people should do it to bring this issue to light.

GmanILR2012 wrote:I cannot for the life of me actually believe that it takes the UKBA 6 months to make a decision, this process has really left a sour taste in my mouth. I just phoned the UKBA to find out that if my passport has not being returned to me after six months and I request it back will they withdraw my application?

The operator confirmed that they would withdraw it and I will not receive my ILR, I then asked what if my application takes two years to consider, his reply was that I shouldn’t book any holidays. So basically I cannot leave until the UKBA returns my documents? His reply was, well you can leave but you won’t have an ILR.

I think that we should all send e-mails to watchdog and explain our situations so maybe someone (or some newspaper will listen) The UKBA needs to be better funded and they need to be held accountable for the effect this process has on people’s lives, jobs, houses, relationships and most of all stress levels.

It says six months and I was prepared for that but telling me that I cannot request my passport even if the processing took two years is pushing the limits a little.

P.s.

Some good statistics coming soon for SET (O) applicants from February-March:

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... 3?unfold=1

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a ... you_to_pro

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... eto_postal

Hey SingaporeGirl

I have been waiting 5 months so far (many more people a head of me) however I would like to plan a trip home for Christmas but can't afford to book it all only to lose it if the UKBA doesn't process my case in time. I'm sure they will but it is just crazy to pay so much money and not be assigned a case officer or someone to answer your calls.
My application is pretty straight forward.
I will be drafting a letter to watchdog and the evening standard, these issues need to be raised, if not for us, then for the future ILR applicants!

Hey SingaporeGirl congrats on getting yours :) Very happy for you girl!

littlebits
Newly Registered

Post by littlebits » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:39 pm

SingaporeGirl wrote:GmanILR2012: how long have you been waiting?

I have sent emails to Watchdog and Panorama about my case. I think more people should do it to bring this issue to light.

GmanILR2012 wrote:I cannot for the life of me actually believe that it takes the UKBA 6 months to make a decision, this process has really left a sour taste in my mouth. I just phoned the UKBA to find out that if my passport has not being returned to me after six months and I request it back will they withdraw my application?

The operator confirmed that they would withdraw it and I will not receive my ILR, I then asked what if my application takes two years to consider, his reply was that I shouldn’t book any holidays. So basically I cannot leave until the UKBA returns my documents? His reply was, well you can leave but you won’t have an ILR.

I think that we should all send e-mails to watchdog and explain our situations so maybe someone (or some newspaper will listen) The UKBA needs to be better funded and they need to be held accountable for the effect this process has on people’s lives, jobs, houses, relationships and most of all stress levels.

It says six months and I was prepared for that but telling me that I cannot request my passport even if the processing took two years is pushing the limits a little.

P.s.

Hi Singapore Girl & JGmanILR2012

Firstly, congratulations Singapore Girl on receiving your ILR - it gives me hope. Your journey has certainly been tough.

Secondly, I (as I'm sure many other applicants) have every intention of raising the issue to the wider world, (and I have begun to write an article about the tragedy that is the UKBA and the role of this forum) BUT to be honest, I am sitting on it until I receive my ILR visa as I don't want to do anything that may cause me to be targeted and therefore further delay my application.

I realise that this is a highly paranoid position to take but I really don't trust them. They have the power to kick an applicant out of the country. Over the past three years I've been held up at immigration on many occasions and each time that this has occurred I've felt fearful of not being allowed into the country - and this is for stupid reasons like, my fingerprints don't appear to be the same or them not believing that I wasn't working when I was initially in the country on a tourist visa.

Though I may change my tune if I'm still waiting at six months!

dec2011seto
Newly Registered

Post by dec2011seto » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:09 pm

Hi GmanILR2012,

I can completely relate to your frustration here - especially seeing as they're somehow capable of making decisions on the same day if you're lucky enough to get an appointment at a Public Enquiry Office in the 28 day window of your current visa expiring! I've been waiting for 30 weeks now - i.e. months before the BRP requirement came into play. When I phoned the UKBA at 26 weeks, they said that a decision was still pending, and suggested that I write a letter to them, asking its status and whether there was anything specific to my application that required further checks or documentation to assist with the decision - which I've still not received a reply to. I accept that different applications vary in complexity and checks, but I would have thought mine would be one of the more straightforward ones, being an individual application, and all documentation evidenced and checked countless times, but seriously, 30 weeks for a decision? Not sure whether the media would sympathise with us immigrants, and yesterday's coverage about the "Bermuda triangle" of the UKBA relates to ever unpopular visa overstayers, asylum seekers, and the usual immigration scapegoats. Plus the whole Olympics and UKBA striking situation speaks volumes about the morale of the staff working there. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

P.s.

naCC
BANNED

Post by naCC » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:46 pm

4 Months and Waiting :( :( :(

anotherbrickinthewall

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:00 pm

By holding passports for up to six months, they are treating people like mercenaries. If they don't want immigrants, they should shut the door instead of forcing such ignominy on hard working and highly qualified people.

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 am

dec2011seto wrote:Hi GmanILR2012,

I can completely relate to your frustration here - especially seeing as they're somehow capable of making decisions on the same day if you're lucky enough to get an appointment at a Public Enquiry Office in the 28 day window of your current visa expiring! I've been waiting for 30 weeks now - i.e. months before the BRP requirement came into play. When I phoned the UKBA at 26 weeks, they said that a decision was still pending, and suggested that I write a letter to them, asking its status and whether there was anything specific to my application that required further checks or documentation to assist with the decision - which I've still not received a reply to. I accept that different applications vary in complexity and checks, but I would have thought mine would be one of the more straightforward ones, being an individual application, and all documentation evidenced and checked countless times, but seriously, 30 weeks for a decision? Not sure whether the media would sympathise with us immigrants, and yesterday's coverage about the "Bermuda triangle" of the UKBA relates to ever unpopular visa overstayers, asylum seekers, and the usual immigration scapegoats. Plus the whole Olympics and UKBA striking situation speaks volumes about the morale of the staff working there. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

P.s.

Hey Dec2011seto,

Man, I seriously take my hat off to you! 30 Weeks of waiting… you give me strength :D It is crazy and I think what really gets to me is the fact that so many people do things illegally or go through the loop holes of the system but for so many of us that do things “the right way” suffer because of it.

The longer I wait, the more I am beginning to think that the only way I could be heard is to stand on top of a building and threaten to jump…. Ask the negotiator to send me someone from the UKBA!! Ha ha… (I would never do this but it will make the news guys listen to you! People do desperate things in desperate measures)

There are some guys on the stats that have been waiting even longer; I just thought that some of the top guys just hadn’t bothered to update the forum on their progress. Would be nice to hear the situation from guys like Speed120 – 51 Weeks, MiraclePrayer – 46 Weeks, OCT1STILRSETO – 37 Weeks, Shortwait – 34 Weeks or even GIRIMUTHU who has been waiting 40- Weeks even though they applied via PEO.

Just by looking at this forum stats, seeing how many people on here have fallen into that 5% and the UKBA claims they are processing within their standards is crazy! Never mind their client service charter (they clearly don’t have one of those)

ed_1980

Post by ed_1980 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:28 am

Oof! And I thought I was hard done-by at 22 weeks. I should have known that once you hit 26 weeks all they say is "Pending", "On Hold", "In Progress", with no clue as to how it gets out of this stupid flowchart.

Did you write the letter they recommended? Did they respond? They can't keep all our documents indefinitely, it's bloody ridiculous. When can we claim asylum due to persecution by the UKBA, that's what I want to know!

Edit: Man!! To claim asylum the application is processed by UKBA!! And you need your passport! lol

mduho

Post by mduho » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:38 am

Oh boy!

I sent away my Set(O) application 2 weeks ago (12th July) and was freaking out that I have no acknowledgement that they have even received it. I had no idea this was normal (right!?)

So from what you are all saying I can expect to wait 6 months and hope I doesn't get rejected.

Applying 28 days before the visa expires is such a load of crap and creates such a very stressful situation for applicants.

I cant see how this will get better because extra staff need training and meanwhile the applications keep flowing in.

...but seriously is it normal that I have heard nothing from them after 2 weeks?

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:56 am

mduho wrote:Oh boy!

I sent away my Set(O) application 2 weeks ago (12th July) and was freaking out that I have no acknowledgement that they have even received it. I had no idea this was normal (right!?)

So from what you are all saying I can expect to wait 6 months and hope I doesn't get rejected.

Applying 28 days before the visa expires is such a load of crap and creates such a very stressful situation for applicants.

I cant see how this will get better because extra staff need training and meanwhile the applications keep flowing in.

...but seriously is it normal that I have heard nothing from them after 2 weeks?

Dont worry mate it is nothing new. There is a seperate thread which says ''acknowledgement never received'' and peolple who applied on 6th july are still waiting for the payment to be cleared and still not received any acknowledgement.

So dont panic and get used to this waiting, this is just a start.

Regards

frogprinceink
Newly Registered

March applicant

Post by frogprinceink » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 am

Some good news for March applicants!
I sent off my IRL Set (O) on 21st March. Acknowledgement letter sent 28th March. Biometrics letter sent 18th May and biometrics taken on the 26th May. I have just rec'd my passport back from Liverpool office via 2nd class recorded delivery this morning (July 25th)
Now awaiting biometrics permit...

RajuT

Re: March applicant

Post by RajuT » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:25 am

congrats to u .....
so much happy since i m too one of the march applicant....applied on 22nd march....
a sigh of relief to us :)

frogprinceink wrote:Some good news for March applicants!
I sent off my IRL Set (O) on 21st March. Acknowledgement letter sent 28th March. Biometrics letter sent 18th May and biometrics taken on the 26th May. I have just rec'd my passport back from Liverpool office via 2nd class recorded delivery this morning (July 25th)

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:17 am

frogprinceink congrats man that is fantastic, I can only hope that others are as lucky as you!

If you don't mind me asking, what visa did you previously hold to your new ILR?

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:31 am

s_raj11 wrote:
mduho wrote:Oh boy!

Dont worry mate it is nothing new. There is a seperate thread which says ''acknowledgement never received'' and peolple who applied on 6th july are still waiting for the payment to be cleared and still not received any acknowledgement.

Regards
This is giving me some hope! :cry:

My Application SET (O) received by UKBA 16th July (Royal Mail Proof) but STILL no acknowledgment and no fee taken! I was freaking out that may be it is just me but now I can see quite a few people still waiting for ack. This is just so insane! I know other people are waiting for 26 weeks, 30 weeks + but at least they know their application has been ack...In our case we have no clue what is going on with the application and what we really don't want is UKBA coming back to us after several weeks with reasons like fee could not be processed or form is not complete etc. :?
Not all those who wander are lost...

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:35 am

s_raj11 wrote:

Regards
Raja, can you post the link of that thread please?
Not all those who wander are lost...

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:37 am

UKBA Staff called off the strike.... phew... :D

HeatherD
Newly Registered

Post by HeatherD » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:50 am

WOOHOO!! I finally received my BRP today!
Date of issue: 23/7/12
Date received: 25/7/12 by courier (ID and signature required...good thing I was home!!)

I did notice that it is only valid until 2022? I was under the impression that an ILR is INDEFINITE (clue is in the name!) and only made invalid if you are out of the country for more than 2 years?? Does this mean I'm going to have to go through this pain every 10 years?? (Well, that is, if I decide to not go for citizenship next year)

Good thing I never purchased my plane tickets...I had planned on going back to the States to visit family TODAY!

Good luck everyone...hope we start to see more arriving soon!

Gala
Newly Registered

Post by Gala » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am

[quote="HeatherD"]WOOHOO!! I finally received my BRP today!
Date of issue: 23/7/12
Date received: 25/7/12 by courier (ID and signature required...good thing I was home!!)

I did notice that it is only valid until 2022? I was under the impression that an ILR is INDEFINITE (clue is in the name!) and only made invalid if you are out of the country for more than 2 years?? Does this mean I'm going to have to go through this pain every 10 years?? (Well, that is, if I decide to not go for citizenship next year)

Good thing I never purchased my plane tickets...I had planned on going back to the States to visit family TODAY!

Good luck everyone...hope we start to see more arriving soon![/quote]

Hi HeatherD

Congrats!! No worries the expiry date is only for you BRP. Go and enjoy your freedom!!

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 am

*Yay!!* Congrats!! So happy for you, Heather! Thankfully the strike has been called off so hoping mine will come along someday soon! 21.5 weeks - it's driving me crazy!!

:) So happy for you!

ed_1980

Post by ed_1980 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:05 pm

dsbos wrote:UKBA Staff called off the strike.... phew... :D
Don't know... might get a service improvement if they all buggered off. :-D

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:17 pm

ed_1980 wrote:
dsbos wrote:UKBA Staff called off the strike.... phew... :D
Don't know... might get a service improvement if they all buggered off. :-D
ha ha ha so TRUE!!

I think that some of our case officers are on holiday cus there are SET(O) applications from March being approved!! Ed_1980, we better start praying we don't land in the 5%.

indigill
Newly Registered

Post by indigill » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:29 pm

I am in an sticky situation here as well. I had sent my British passport along with my wifes to get my son a settlemenet visa (he was born in Canada). It was sent in April and from then on i have been regularly requesting the return of my passport (including wifes). The home office is doing nothing. From April i have recd no acknowledgment, made so many calls, sent so many faxes but nothing. Now i am driving from UK to India via road, raising money for charity www.glasgow2goa.com. It is for charitable cause but no one from home offices seems to be interested in returning the documents. I wish there was something else i could do besides shouting hoarse. I am really really pissed.

frogprinceink
Newly Registered

Post by frogprinceink » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:28 pm

GmanILR2012 wrote:
frogprinceink congrats man that is fantastic, I can only hope that others are as lucky as you!

If you don't mind me asking, what visa did you previously hold to your new ILR?
I was previously sponsored by my employer and had a residence permit with limited leave to remain.

zainoor1

ilr received

Post by zainoor1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:30 pm

hi...i wana share my timeline

application submit= 8march,12
payment = 13 march,12
letter received = 17 march,12

biometric done = 2nd may,2012
documents received = 20 july,12
bimetric card arrived= 21 july,12

my all documents were received by my solicitor so i don,t know if was recorded delivery or normal delevery.

me and my wife soooo happy now. she is over the moon now . i,ll be with her in u.k without any restriction now.

wish all you guyz best for future.

skyper
Newly Registered

Re: ilr received

Post by skyper » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:35 pm

zainoor1 wrote:hi...i wana share my timeline

application submit= 8march,12
payment = 13 march,12
letter received = 17 march,12

biometric done = 2nd may,2012
documents received = 20 july,12
bimetric card arrived= 21 july,12

my all documents were received by my solicitor so i don,t know if was recorded delivery or normal delevery.

me and my wife soooo happy now. she is over the moon now . i,ll be with her in u.k without any restriction now.

wish all you guyz best for future.
Congrats mate for ILR.U mean all yours documents including Biometric Invitation letter and BRP Card where delivered to yours solicitor.

You received nothing in post.

zainoor1

nuteralisation after ilr

Post by zainoor1 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:14 pm

hi

actually i wana get some knowledge if anyone know about nuteralisation after ilr.

i came in this country in oct,2007 on student visa. then i renewed my visa on student but during student visa i got married to bc lady (my wife) so all togather im legally in u.k on student + spouse visa= 5 years almost.

so do you have any idea when i can apply for nutralisation. please