ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Naturalisation after PR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

b2v
Newly Registered

Post by b2v » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:12 am

i was granted permanent residence on the 1st of june 2012 as a spouse of an EU Citizen and had an appointment today at the NCS to apply for naturalisation.the lady photocopied all my documents and rebooked another appointment for the 30th of July and requested that I should bring the following documents which doesnt seem to be any problem;

Wife's Passport
Last 6 years P60s
Marriage Certificate (which she photocopied)

But when i asked her the reason for these additional documents,she placed a call,(probably to the home office for confirmation) and told me that the reason was due to the fact that I have not had PR for 1 year and inorder to be qualified for Naturalisation i need for have PR for atleast 1 Year but if applying on the basis of my marriage to an EU,i would qualify for naturalisation.However,I need to present the above documents to qualify for Naturalisation.

Please,if this is the case,i need suggestions and advise from members that have had similar experience and what the outcome was.

Thanks,

BV

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:51 am

Any particular reason you post the same question 3 times including in the FAQ thread just below the message asking not to post questions there? please delete your post there.

NCS are right. Have you read the application form or the guide? It is clearly stated there. Why did you think you can apply now without proof if PR was only confirmed two months ago?

See naturalisation and Permanent Residence.

b2v
Newly Registered

Post by b2v » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:21 am

Anyways thanks for the reply.I am new to the forum and apparently thought that by making multiple post i would generate members attention to my post.but u didnt have to sound harsh as I only in this forum to seek assistance and not to offend any one by my post.I have gone through the guide and did not find anything as such.

APPLICATIONS MADE ON THE BASIS OF RESIDENCE IN THE UNITED KINGDOM
Evidence of lawful residence during the 5 (or, if the applicant is married to or in civil
partnership to a British citizen, 3) years before the date of the application
• Your passports OR say why you are unable to provide one on page 13 and supply
• Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government
Departments indicating the applicant’s presence in the United Kingdom during the
relevant period
If your passport is not stamped when you come into the United Kingdom for example
because you have a right of abode in the United Kingdom or you are a national of the
“Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus” or Taiwan, you should send your passport and also
provide alternative evidence of residence as above. If you are an EEA national you should
additionally provide the information listed below.

FOR APPLICANTS FROM SWITZERLAND OR THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
Evidence of Nationality
• Your valid passport or valid national identity card as evidence of your nationality.
Evidence of exercising Treaty Rights for 5 years
• P60 tax certificates covering the relevant period of 5 years
• Employer’s letter confirming employment over the relevant period
• Benefits letter confirming job seekers’ allowance claimed throughout the relevant
period of 5 years
• Benefits letter confirming incapacity benefit claimed throughout the relevant period
of 5 years
• Documentary evidence confirming pension received throughout the relevant period
of 5 years.

N.B My wife is an EU CITIZEN and not British Citizen.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:08 am

Those with PR can apply for naturalisation a year after they automatically acquired PR (with additional docs to prove entitlement) or a year after date on PR. The only exemption to the 1-year waiting rule applies to spouses of British citizens, which u r not, right?

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Applying for Naturalisation after PR

Post by noble72uk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:48 am

b2v wrote:i was granted permanent residence on the 1st of june 2012 as a spouse of an EU Citizen and had an appointment today at the NCS to apply for naturalisation.the lady photocopied all my documents and rebooked another appointment for the 30th of July and requested that I should bring the following documents which doesnt seem to be any problem;

Wife's Passport
Last 6 years P60s

But when i asked her the reason for these additional documents,she placed a call,(probably to the home office for confirmation) and told me that the reason was due to the fact that I have not had PR for 1 year and inorder to be qualified for Naturalisation i need for have PR for atleast 1 Year but if applying on the basis of my marriage to an EU,i would qualify for naturalisation.However,I need to present the above documents to qualify for Naturalisation.

Please,if this is the case,i need suggestions and advise from members that have had similar experience and what the outcome was.

Thanks,

BV

If you apply after 1 year based on your PR anniversary you need to provide only your documentations.
If you apply within that year mean without waiting to complete a full year after the PR you need to provide your documentations and your wife too.

So NCS and Jambo are right

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Applying for Naturalisation after PR

Post by noble72uk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:49 am

b2v wrote:i was granted permanent residence on the 1st of june 2012 as a spouse of an EU Citizen and had an appointment today at the NCS to apply for naturalisation.the lady photocopied all my documents and rebooked another appointment for the 30th of July and requested that I should bring the following documents which doesnt seem to be any problem;

Wife's Passport
Last 6 years P60s

Thanks,

BV

If you apply after 1 year based on your PR anniversary you need to provide only your documentations.
If you apply within that year mean without waiting to complete a full year after the PR you need to provide your documentations and your wife too.

So NCS and Jambo are right

b2v
Newly Registered

Post by b2v » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:50 am

thanks for replying.the lady at the NCS requested that I provide 6 years p60 for my wife to be eligible for Naturalisation but what I have is 3 Years Self assesment Tax return for 07,08,09 and P60 for 10,11,12 because my wife was self employed from year 2006-2009 and doesnt have any p60 for these years and my PR was granted based on these Documents so I would like to know if same documents are sufficient documents for naturalisation applications or does it have to be p60s specifically.thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:02 pm

If it was good enough for the PR application (EEA4), it should be fine for naturalisation.