ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GREAT SERVICE!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Pubali
Newly Registered

GREAT SERVICE!

Post by Pubali » Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:16 pm

Hi

I have been looking at this forum for some time and have come across loads of complaining, so thought I'd share a bit of good news to lighten the mood somewhat! :)

I applied for Settlement wife visa from Mumbai North May 7th.

Wasn't too happy that they took so long to give it to me, but pleasantly surprised that they called me on 20th July to say that because I hadn't given my original degree certificate, the officer was putting my application on hold till I got a UK NARIC certificate.

I was grateful they gave me the chance - and then she actually called back to say that she spoke to her superior, and they were totally satisfied with my English proficiency and she was stamping my visa in 5 to 10 minutes!

She sounded totally reasonable and fair - a complete contrast to all the reports I have been reading about on the forum. (To clarify - I'd given my original transcripts and I have done English Hons from Presidency College which is one of India's best - and I am an English writer - so that may have helped the case).

In any case - do not lose hope, it's not all like going into enemy camp here - there are a few good officers there and I guess I was lucky she went through my application.

I hope most of you are just as lucky!

Hope everyone gets the visa just as soon. :D :) :)

republique
BANNED

Re: GREAT SERVICE!

Post by republique » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:57 am

Pubali wrote:Hi

I have been looking at this forum for some time and have come across loads of complaining, so thought I'd share a bit of good news to lighten the mood somewhat! :)

I applied for Settlement wife visa from Mumbai North May 7th.

Wasn't too happy that they took so long to give it to me, but pleasantly surprised that they called me on 20th July to say that because I hadn't given my original degree certificate, the officer was putting my application on hold till I got a UK NARIC certificate.

I was grateful they gave me the chance - and then she actually called back to say that she spoke to her superior, and they were totally satisfied with my English proficiency and she was stamping my visa in 5 to 10 minutes!

She sounded totally reasonable and fair - a complete contrast to all the reports I have been reading about on the forum. (To clarify - I'd given my original transcripts and I have done English Hons from Presidency College which is one of India's best - and I am an English writer - so that may have helped the case).

In any case - do not lose hope, it's not all like going into enemy camp here - there are a few good officers there and I guess I was lucky she went through my application.

I hope most of you are just as lucky!

Hope everyone gets the visa just as soon. :D :) :)
Because you found an agent who wasn't an automaton and took initiative. Most of them just repeat the rule without understanding the point.

Pubali
Newly Registered

Post by Pubali » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:35 pm

I didn't have an agent - did it all myself. I think the title of my post may have been misunderstood - I meant great service from the British High Commission - though the word 'service' may not apply here! :)

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Pubali, I think it's Republic's incorrect wording of agent which is confusing...not your post, which is clearly referring to the British High Commission checking officer.

Pubali
Newly Registered

Post by Pubali » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:57 am

Ah - got it now - thanks Casa! :D