ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is a post office a suitable business for tier 1/Entrpreneur?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaffacake
Newly Registered
Egypt

Is a post office a suitable business for tier 1/Entrpreneur?

Post by jaffacake » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Hi

Does anyone know if buying a post office meets criteria for entrepreneur visa ? I thought not - because you would be employed as a postmaster . have asked solicitor but he wasn't sure .

republique
BANNED

Re: Is a post office a suitable business for tier 1/Entrpren

Post by republique » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:54 am

jaffacake wrote:Hi

Does anyone know if buying a post office meets criteria for entrepreneur visa ? I thought not - because you would be employed as a postmaster . have asked solicitor but he wasn't sure .
oh cmon, the solicitor doesn't know pulease

jaffacake
Newly Registered
Egypt

Post by jaffacake » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:42 am

Listen republique - if you're not going to reply with something useful - don't bother. If you're such a loser - you've nothing better to do with your time - I understood this site is for people who can share useful information based on their experience. Actually solicitor said it was a grey area as being a sub postmaster one would be technically employed status. However it depended on case law - consequently checking on others' experience.

So drop the pulease stuff - juvenile and not appreciated

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:33 pm

jaffacake wrote:Listen republique - if you're not going to reply with something useful - don't bother. If you're such a loser - you've nothing better to do with your time - I understood this site is for people who can share useful information based on their experience. Actually solicitor said it was a grey area as being a sub postmaster one would be technically employed status. However it depended on case law - consequently checking on others' experience.

So drop the pulease stuff - juvenile and not appreciated
You should have said that than just solicitor doesn't know. He does know as per your explanation. So don't expect better answers without full information from yourself.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:28 am

There are four different categories of entrepreneur which one you are thinking to apply. Are you switching from Tier 1(PSW) to tier 1 entrepreneur? As far i know this requirement of graduate level job is for those who are switching from Tier 1(PSW) to tier 1 entrepreneur..you need to elaborate it further

ens

Re: Is a post office a suitable business for tier 1/Entrpren

Post by ens » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:23 am

jaffacake wrote:Hi

jaffacake, thanks for the topic, this is the same question I was interested in.

"you would be employed as a postmaster" - where could I read the details on procedure of buying and running the postoffice? irrespective of Tier1 Entr.

I also plan to apply under Tier 1 and was looking to buy the post office as well

many thanks!

jaffacake
Newly Registered
Egypt

Reply to ENS

Post by jaffacake » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Hi ENS

A god place to start is www.nfsp.org.uk Its the website for the federation of sub post masters . You need to click on the 'about us' section and there is some guidance on purchasing a post office. I still don't know if it falls within criteria for tier 1 visa. Good luck and best wishes

ens

Post by ens » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:32 pm

thank you very much indeed!!!!

i will try to find out if PO is ok for this Tier from the imm lawyer I know,

maybe he could advise,

and then I let you know!