ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Never received acknowledgement letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

softmind82

Never received acknowledgement letter

Post by softmind82 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:25 pm

I applied on 10th July and didn't received any confirmation letter and money is not been taken out yet ?

My application delivered on 11th July, is there anyone applied on after 10th can confirm if they received confirmation.

Experts please make comments, I'm worried now.

Cheers

anotherbrickinthewall

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Same here....applied on the 9th. No acknowledgement yet and payment hasn't been taken. It must be the Olympics.

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:23 pm

hi, Softmind82 and Anotherbrickinthewall, I am having the same experience as well.

What payment method did you use? Card/Cheque/postal order/banker's draft?

would you guys please post updates about how things develop, ie , when you receive the Acknowledgement letter, when the payment has been taken.

thanks

anotherbrickinthewall

Post by anotherbrickinthewall » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi pgmiot, I used Debit Card and the application was sent using next day recorded.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:05 pm

pgmiot wrote:hi, Softmind82 and Anotherbrickinthewall, I am having the same experience as well.

What payment method did you use? Card/Cheque/postal order/banker's draft?

would you guys please post updates about how things develop, ie , when you receive the Acknowledgement letter, when the payment has been taken.

thanks
I have used debit card payment.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:11 pm

If it helps you to have some patience - someone I know applied for T1 entrep from Psw. Fees taken on day 6 from posting, and brp and acknowledgment received in same envelope on day 17 (20 jul)

ideanokia6500

Post by ideanokia6500 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:26 pm

cool
i applied on 6th july,payment by cheque,still payment not taken.no acknowledge
thnx
HI

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:02 pm

oh, actually in a way, it is good news,
the reason for the payment has not been taken is due to the slow speed of the UKBA , was not due to any mistakes that we may have made with our payment method.

Please do keep the thread updated when anyone 's payment has been taken.
It will be of great help for others.

thanks.

by thw way, I paid by Cheque,

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:33 pm

have received the acknowledgement letter today

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:35 pm

pgmiot wrote:have received the acknowledgement letter today
When did you apply and when was the payment taken out.

Thanks

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:23 pm

application was sent out on the 7th, received on the 9th, a day earlier than you.

Only received the letter. payment has not been taken yet. I paid by cheque,
normally, your payment(by card) will be taken earlier than mine.

But there are some issues with my cheque, I hope it will not bounced. I have been trying hard to sort this issue out today.
will keep everyone here updated. hopefully, will be good news all the way.
softmind82 wrote:

Thanks

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:03 pm

pgmiot wrote:application was sent out on the 7th, received on the 9th, a day earlier than you.

But there are some issues with my cheque, I hope it will not bounced. I have been trying hard to sort this issue out today.
softmind82 wrote:

Thanks
My wife applied on the same date, 7th July but still havent received any acknowledgement letter. We have sent a bankers draft, so no news regarding payment being taken or not.

If anyone received their acknowledgement letters who posted around the same date, could you post here so we have some idea.

Regards

pgmiot

Post by pgmiot » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:15 am

If you know the number of the banker's draft, bring it to the bank, they will check it for you.
s_raj11 wrote:
pgmiot wrote:application was sent out on the 7th, received on the 9th, a day earlier than you.

softmind82 wrote:

Thanks
My wife applied on the same date, 7th July but still havent received any acknowledgement letter. We have sent a bankers draft, so no news regarding payment being taken or not.

If anyone received their acknowledgement letters who posted around the same date, could you post here so we have some idea.

Regards

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:04 pm

I am starting to get worried now - its been 17 days no acknowledgement or money taken out yet.

Is there any number i can contact them just to make sure if they got my application.

Thanks

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 pm

softmind82 wrote:I am starting to get worried now - its been 17 days no acknowledgement or money taken out yet.

Is there any number i can contact them just to make sure if they got my application.

Thanks
call ukba no 0870 one... and tell them your royal mail ref no they will confirm you that they have received your application.
Payment can take up to 1 week. have patience !

dadageer
Mood:

No ack no fee

Post by dadageer » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:56 pm

hi guys, I thought I am the only one who is waiting for the ack letter and fee to be taken but going through the posts gave me some hope!

My application was received by UKBA on 16th July (Royal mail proof)...till today no ack and still no debit from my Bank account. I applied for ILR - SET (O)..and gave my debit card details on the form..

Please guys keep posted! :cry:

Is there any number where I can call to find out what's taking them this long to ack my application?
Not all those who wander are lost...

mduho

Imagination and pessimism are a lethal combo...

Post by mduho » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:25 am

So I sent my Set(O) application on the 12th July - it is now the 26th, 3 weeks after and I have yet to receive acknowledgement or any money taken.

I am so paranoid that even though my parcel was tracked and delivered to them it has somehow been lost, and I will only find out after my current leave expires - then I will have such a "dog ate my homework excuse" and scramble to get together another application while they say "too bad your visa has expired you have overstayed get out" - then that loooooong plane ride back to New Zealand/move in with my parents while I looks for a job in a depressed market...

This shit is depressing - comfort me and TELL me you guys have been waiting a similar amount of time for acknowledgement?

Thanks.

s_raj11

Re: Imagination and pessimism are a lethal combo...

Post by s_raj11 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:09 am

mduho wrote:So I sent my Set(O) application on the 12th July - it is now the 26th, 3 weeks after and I have yet to receive acknowledgement or any money taken.

I am so paranoid that even though my parcel was tracked and delivered to them it has somehow been lost, and I will only find out after my current leave expires - then I will have such a "dog ate my homework excuse" and scramble to get together another application while they say "too bad your visa has expired you have overstayed get out" - then that loooooong plane ride back to New Zealand/move in with my parents while I looks for a job in a depressed market...

This shit is depressing - comfort me and TELL me you guys have been waiting a similar amount of time for acknowledgement?

Thanks.
Hello,

My wife applied on 7th July and no acknowledgement as of now. So dont panic. Please update once you have received.

Regards

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:09 am

FYI guys I am in the same boat, still no ack, no fee taken.

I called home office today and managed to speak to an advisor. When I told him that its been almost 2 weeks I have neither received an ack nor fee has been taken...all he said was...write to Croydon office to find out if we have received your application (offcourse they have, Royal mail proof shows recvd by them on 16th July)..I was interested to find out why this delay which he did not answer and hung up!

The address he gave me was:

Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Do you guys think is it worth writing to them?

kuruvi

Post by kuruvi » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:36 pm

dadageer wrote:FYI guys I am in the same boat, still no ack, no fee taken.

I called home office today and managed to speak to an advisor. When I told him that its been almost 2 weeks I have neither received an ack nor fee has been taken...all he said was...write to Croydon office to find out if we have received your application (offcourse they have, Royal mail proof shows recvd by them on 16th July)..I was interested to find out why this delay which he did not answer and hung up!

There is no reason to panic. Please wait for few more days. It may be taking longer due to surge in application before 9th July.

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:05 pm

dadageer wrote:FYI guys I am in the same boat, still no ack, no fee taken.

My wife she applied on 7th July and received her acknowledgement today. So nothing to panic and you should receive in the next couple of days. Be patient.

Regards

tower
Newly Registered

Post by tower » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:31 pm

I applied SET(0) on 10th July 2012,RoyalMail confirmed delivery 11th Jul. Still no payment via Credit card,no Ack.... :?

penabates46
Newly Registered

Post by penabates46 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:11 pm

ryan2020 wrote:
softmind82 wrote:I am starting to get worried now - its been 17 days no acknowledgement or money taken out yet.

Thanks
call ukba no 0870 one... and tell them your royal mail ref no they will confirm you that they have received your application.
Has anybody received their letter yet or had their payment taken. We are into our 3rd week of waiting for an acknowledgement.

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:50 pm

penabates46 wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:

Thanks
Has anybody received their letter yet or had their payment taken. We are into our 3rd week of waiting for an acknowledgement.
Same here! Just wait and wait....have patience..this is all I can say!

zoro453
Newly Registered
Angola

Nice to know i am not the only one

Post by zoro453 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:03 pm

sent the form on the 16/072012 it shows received the 17/07/2012 on the royal mail website no ACK letter no payment taken until now i was worried until i came across this thread this morning thanks for sharing.