ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Query .... Application under 1(3) or 3(1) ???

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

doc_S

MN1 Query .... Application under 1(3) or 3(1) ???

Post by doc_S » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:19 am

Hi,

wondering if someone can help with my confusion as filling in forms MN1 for my children.

The two sections I am confused are:

* section 1 (3) birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have become British citizens.

* section 3 (1) child whose parents are applying for British citizenship.

Now, they both apply to our application. Children were born in UK, all of us including children were granted ILR last year July. So parents are settled therefore section 1(3) applies.

However, we are all making our British citizenship application together so section 3(1) applies as well.

Which one I should apply under?

Many thanks.

doc_S

Post by doc_S » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:05 pm

In section 2.1 (date and place of first arrival). Do we have to fill in if the child was born in UK ( in which case its date and place of birth)? Or leave it blank if born in UK?

Do we need to fill in section 4 (Good Character) even if the child is under 10 years old?

Many thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:59 pm

application under section 1(3) is a lot stronger than section 3(1) as 1(3) is entitlement. No HO discretion involved. Apply under 1(3) for UK born children.

2.1 - date of birth and place of birth in the UK.

section 4 - I believe the instructions on the form are quite clear.

doc_S

Post by doc_S » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:32 pm

Thank you very much Jambo.