ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP: How long does it take to obtain a replacement BRP loss

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

stellali
Newly Registered

HELP: How long does it take to obtain a replacement BRP loss

Post by stellali » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:47 pm

I lost my BRP for permanent residence last week and I submitted the application for a replacement one week ago, but so far no reply and money has not been deducted from my bank account. As I have lost my original passport as well, so I couldnt send it to Home office, but I have explained this in the cover letter.

As I need to travel by the end of August, I really hope I can get a new one by then. I have read up some posts here, saying it will take up to 3-4 months, but their cases are name changes after marriage, so I thought my case would be treated as priorty as I am actually not holding any BRB at all now.

Any one had similar experience and can tell me how long it will take to please. I am so so worried now.

Thanks

adityak77
Member of Standing

Re: HELP: How long does it take to obtain a replacement BRP

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:48 pm

stellali wrote:I lost my BRP for permanent residence last week and I submitted the application for a replacement one week ago, but so far no reply and money has not been deducted from my bank account. As I have lost my original passport as well, so I couldnt send it to Home office, but I have explained this in the cover letter.

As I need to travel by the end of August, I really hope I can get a new one by then. I have read up some posts here, saying it will take up to 3-4 months, but their cases are name changes after marriage, so I thought my case would be treated as priorty as I am actually not holding any BRB at all now.

Any one had similar experience and can tell me how long it will take to please. I am so so worried now.

Thanks
If you have lost BRP inside the Uk it can take upto 2-3 months.
If you have lost BRP outside UK it can take 3-6 months

This is from experience of two friends, who lost BRP cards inside and outside the UK.

No case for lost BRP is given priority.