ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Never received acknowledgement letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

dadageer
Mood:

Re: Nice to know i am not the only one

Post by dadageer » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:48 pm

zoro453 wrote:sent the form on the 16/072012 it shows received the 17/07/2012 on the royal mail website no ACK letter no payment taken until now i was worried until i came across this thread this morning thanks for sharing.
:lol:

Just wait till I give an update as my application was received on 16-07 so the day I get ack the next day you should get yours.
Not all those who wander are lost...

zoro453
Newly Registered
Angola

Post by zoro453 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:31 pm

dadageer wrote:
zoro453 wrote:sent the form on the 16/072012 it shows received the 17/07/2012 on the royal mail website no ACK letter no payment taken until now i was worried until i came across this thread this morning thanks for sharing.

Just wait till I give an update as my application was received on 16-07 so the day I get ack the next day you should get yours.
Thank you very much will keep an eye on this thread

lofisandra
Newly Registered

Post by lofisandra » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm in the same boat

Applied for a replacement biometric card due to change of surname in passport, and quite close to the expiry of the 3 month deadline (like a week before), but I keep proof that at least the application was sent out.

So received by them (according to Royal mail): 17 July
Still no acknowledgement letter or money taken out. Method of payment - credit card.

Despite all these posts, olympics etc. I still feel frustrated to be without both passport and biometric card... Feel totally out of control and that kills me - can't plan anything! On top of all I'm worried that the deadline for replacing the card has passed and I haven't given biometrics yet, but hopefully the fact that I've sent the application is good enough.

Fingers crossed everything goes ok for us all...

dadageer
Mood:

Any update?

Post by dadageer » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:06 am

Any update guys?

For me, still no fee taken and no ack.[/code]

penabates46
Newly Registered

Post by penabates46 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:28 pm

dadageer wrote:

They received the papers on 12th July - still nothing. No letter no fee taken. If there is nothing when i get home from work today i will call them tomorrow. Its terrible - all we want is the acknowledgement so we at least know the process has started.

zoro453
Newly Registered
Angola

Post by zoro453 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:07 pm

nothing yet :(

mduho

Post by mduho » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:42 am

I applied on Thursday 12th July - No acknowledgement No payment taken. The post office tracking shows that the package was delivered to Durham by the 13th, YET I HAVE HEARD NOTHING!

What is the best number to call to get acknowledgement that they actually have it - so I have a chance to scramble if it is indeed lost - or am I just panicking!?

HELP!

penabates46
Newly Registered

A little ray of light

Post by penabates46 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:14 pm

Ok so it looks like they have taken the payment of 991GBP from our account but still no acknowledgement letter. Maybe tomorrow.

lofisandra
Newly Registered

Post by lofisandra » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:05 am

Update: Money was taken out yesterday, so 15 days after I sent out my application/14 days after they received it.

Still no acknowledgement letter, but feel slightly relieved.

Fingers crossed.

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:12 am

s_raj11 wrote:
dadageer wrote:FYI guys I am in the same boat, still no ack, no fee taken.

I called home office today and managed to speak to an advisor. When I told him that its been almost 2 weeks I have neither received an ack nor fee has been taken...all he said was...write to Croydon office to find out if we have received your application (offcourse they have, Royal mail proof shows recvd by them on 16th July)..I was interested to find out why this delay which he did not answer and hung up!

The address he gave me was:

Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon CR9 2BY

Do you guys think is it worth writing to them?
My wife she applied on 7th July and received her acknowledgement today. So nothing to panic and you should receive in the next couple of days. Be patient.

Regards

Writing makes a whole lot of difference...Tell them you are worried that there is no acknowledgement and no fees taken for close to a month...make the letter at least a recorded mail so that receipt cannot be denied and you'd be astonished at the results you get!

Good luck and be hopeful!

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:13 am

lofisandra wrote:Update: Money was taken out yesterday, so 15 days after I sent out my application/14 days after they received it.

Still no acknowledgement letter, but feel slightly relieved.

Fingers crossed.
Acknowledgement will come soon and in a brown envelope if you didn't enclosed a self-addressed pack in the application pack.

tower
Newly Registered

Post by tower » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:11 pm

I applied SET (O) on 10 Jul 2012 and Royal Mail confirmed delivery on 11th (2 days before your one.) My payment was taken on 30 Jul 2012 (it apeard on the credit card yesterday) but still no Ack letter. Your payment will come out soon, hang in there!

[quote="mduho"]I applied on Thursday 12th July - No acknowledgement No payment taken. The post office tracking shows that the package was delivered to Durham by the 13th, YET I HAVE HEARD NOTHING!

What is the best number to call to get acknowledgement that they actually have it - so I have a chance to scramble if it is indeed lost - or am I just panicking!?

HELP![/quote]

tower
Newly Registered

Post by tower » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Just to update-

I applied for ILR SET (0) 10/07/2012
UKBA recived it on 11/07/2012
Payment taken 30/07/2012
Recived ack letter 02/08/2012

penabates46
Newly Registered

Is the glasses half empty or half full

Post by penabates46 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Finally got acknowledgement letter. However i thought it would say that my husband visa status remains the same until decision is made. E.G his right to work? But it doesnt?

Anyhoooo here it is so far.

Applied for SET(m) 10/07/12

UKBA signed for postal application 12/07/12

Payment taken 30/07/12

Acknowledgement Letter Received 02/08/12

Now the wait begins.

softmind82

Post by softmind82 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Finally received acknowledgement letter today.

I applied on 10th July 2012.

dadageer
Mood:

HANG IN THERE!!

Post by dadageer » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:40 pm

I am sure most of the applicants here who applied in July are waiting for that God damn ack letter or fee been taken...

Just today I checked my Bank account (which I am checking every day since 17th July!!!!) and found there is a difference of about £1500 from last night's balance...though my account statement does not say anything at the moment as to where this money has gone but I am assuming (and hopeful) that this a UKBA transaction...

So after a long wait of 12 Working days I finally have my fee taken which makes my glorious timeline as follows:

1. Current visa: TIER 1 GENERAL
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 29-07-2012
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
5. Date application posted: 13-07-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 16-07-2012
7. Date payment debited: 02-08-2012
8. Payment mode : DIRECT DEBIT
9. Acknowledgement letter received:WAITING
10. Biometric letter received: WAITING
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: WAITING
12. Date of approval: WAITING
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
14. Date BRP ILR Received:WAITING

lofisandra
Newly Registered

Post by lofisandra » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:30 pm

Got the letter today (*phew*) so to update the timeline:

application received: 17 July
money taken out: 31 July
acknowledgement letter: 2 August

wonder if more timings will coincide with others who received the letter on the 2nd also

mduho

Post by mduho » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:55 am

FINALLY!

Application received 13th July
Payment taken 2nd August

My letter should arrive just before 7th August when my visa expires hopefully as my employer is requesting the letter as proof.

UKBA you have made me sweat and cry like a little baby.

lofisandra
Newly Registered

Post by lofisandra » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:12 pm

lofisandra wrote:Got the letter today (*phew*) so to update the timeline:

wonder if more timings will coincide with others who received the letter on the 2nd also
Update: received invitation for biometrics: 3 Aug (dated 31 July)
Sent biometrics: 4 Aug (although it's Saturday, so I'll count it as 6 Aug)

penabates46
Newly Registered

Post by penabates46 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:07 pm

lofisandra wrote:
lofisandra wrote:Got the letter today (*phew*) so to update the timeline:

Update: received invitation for biometrics: 3 Aug (dated 31 July)
Sent biometrics: 4 Aug (although it's Saturday, so I'll count it as 6 Aug)
Wow that was quick after your acknowlegdement. Hope things are as quick for us.

worried24
Newly Registered

still no news for me :(

Post by worried24 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:09 am

Hi Guys,

Congrats to those who finally got their payment processed and acknowledgement letter received.

My case is:
SEt (O) application sent 14th July 2012
Date application received 16th July 2012
Work permit expired end of August 2012
Payment method: cheque

I have been endlessly checking my bank account since 16th July and up till today, still waiting for the payment to be taken from my bank, no acknowledgement letter yet.. :(

have called the 0870 number numerous time and put on the waiting queue at least 45minutes on each call, have sent them letters and fax, all to no avail..

extremely worried now....

dadageer
Mood:

Re: still no news for me :(

Post by dadageer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:05 pm

worried24 wrote:Hi Guys,

Congrats to those who finally got their payment processed and acknowledgement letter received.

My case is:

I have been endlessly checking my bank account since 16th July and up till today, still waiting for the payment to be taken from my bank, no acknowledgement letter yet.. :(

have called the 0870 number numerous time and put on the waiting queue at least 45minutes on each call, have sent them letters and fax, all to no avail..

extremely worried now....

You should have received by now but do keep in mind that there are delays in UKBA operations and I am sure you will have your fee taken within this week so have a cup of coffee and stay calm till end of this week..I know it's not easy (been through this) but this is what I would advice.

Also, just noticed that you have payment method "cheque" which takes a bit longer than direct debit.

worried24
Newly Registered

Re: still no news for me :(

Post by worried24 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Thanks ever so much for the kind words and support @dadageer! You're absolutely correct! I got home today from work to be greeted with a letter and surprise surprise, it's the acknowledgement letter that I've been waiting for! It's dated 2nd August 2012. I am hoping that the cheque will be cleared soon too.

I was already drafting an email to my MP in case I still have not received any news by end of this week! Guess, I no longer need to send it now :)

I think my life expectancy has just been reduced by 10 years due to the unnecessary stress!

For now.. more waiting ....

My case is:

extremely worried now....[/quote]

You should have received by now but do keep in mind that there are delays in UKBA operations and I am sure you will have your fee taken within this week so have a cup of coffee and stay calm till end of this week..I know it's not easy (been through this) but this is what I would advice.

Also, just noticed that you have payment method "cheque" which takes a bit longer than direct debit.[/quote]

mduho

Post by mduho » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:41 am

Application received 13th of July
Payment taken 2nd August
Letter received 6th August but dated 1st (with visa expiring on the 7th!)

So they let me sweat it out till the day before my Visa expired. They seem to be working to the date of your expiry so anyone waiting expect to hear nothing until it gets to that deadline - it is very nerve racking but it you have tracking confirmation from the post office/courier you know it has to be there and will be processed.

Thanks to all you here who calmed me down while I was flipping out waiting.
M

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:55 am

mduho wrote:Application received 13th of July
Payment taken 2nd August
Letter received 6th August but dated 1st (with visa expiring on the 7th!)

So they let me sweat it out till the day before my Visa expired. They seem to be working to the date of your expiry so anyone waiting expect to hear nothing until it gets to that deadline - it is very nerve racking but it you have tracking confirmation from the post office/courier you know it has to be there and will be processed.

Thanks to all you here who calmed me down while I was flipping out waiting.
M
You should not have worried about your Visa expiring date as your application was received by UKBA on 13th July. This is well within you date of expiry. UKBA takes "application received" date when corresponding it to your expiry date. If they have received your application within your expiry date then you are good. No need to panic!