ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea Family member need a visa for Greece?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mick5

Eea Family member need a visa for Greece?

Post by mick5 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi i have " Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" visa on my passport, me any my girl friend(partner European) booked holidays in Greece on first week of august assuming i dont need Greece visa as long as we travel together,Last month i went Malta with my girl friend with out visa no problem at all.
Just to be on a safe side i sent mail to Greece Embassy london to make sure i dont need visa and to my surprise i got replied that i do need visa even if i have "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" visa on my passport i dont need visa if we are married and having Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National on my passport.
On a website Greece visa section it says Family members of EU/EEA/CH nationals who are holders of the relevant British residence documentation do not require a visa in order to enter Greece, under the condition they are accompanied by the EU citizen or they are going to join him/her.

Shall i apply for visa or take a chance?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Eea Family member need a visa for Greece?

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:36 pm

mick5 wrote:Hi i have " Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" visa on my passport, me any my girl friend(partner European) booked holidays in Greece on first week of august assuming i dont need Greece visa as long as we travel together,Last month i went Malta with my girl friend with out visa no problem at all.
Just to be on a safe side i sent mail to Greece Embassy london to make sure i dont need visa and to my surprise i got replied that i do need visa even if i have "Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National" visa on my passport i dont need visa if we are married and having Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National on my passport.
On a website Greece visa section it says Family members of EU/EEA/CH nationals who are holders of the relevant British residence documentation do not require a visa in order to enter Greece, under the condition they are accompanied by the EU citizen or they are going to join him/her.

Shall i apply for visa or take a chance?
Mick5, I think we've conversed on this subject before. You do not need a visa for the circumstances described. You've done it before and can do it again. The law applies across Europe.

mick5

Post by mick5 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:45 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile thanks so much for your quick reply.
actually thats what im going to do i went once and all went smooth. iam not even thinking of applying visa for Greece.
Thanks again

sistersjuan
Newly Registered

Post by sistersjuan » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:11 pm

Hi Mick5, I'm travelling to Greece next month, and bothered with the same question. Did you manage to enter into Greece successfully?

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:31 pm

sistersjuan wrote:Hi Mick5, I'm travelling to Greece next month, and bothered with the same question. Did you manage to enter into Greece successfully?
You may not get a reply as Mick5 hasn't visited the forum for over 2 years and this thread is from 2012 :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.