ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requirements for spouse's stay in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jiffry130157
Newly Registered

Requirements for spouse's stay in UK

Post by jiffry130157 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:54 pm

Dear All

I seek your advice on requirements for the stay of family members in UK.
Currently I am in UK under FLR till Nov 2010. But spouse and son are not in UK but they also got the entry clearence till Nov 2010. However my daughter is with me in UK schooling. How long my spouse and son can be away from UK? Wether their stay away from UK will afffect my ILR, though, in future , I would qualify for ILR in 2010?

CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN ME THIS?

Thank you
Jiff

John

Post by John » Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:07 pm

Wether their stay away from UK will afffect my ILR, though, in future , I would qualify for ILR in 2010?
Not at all, their absence or presence in the UK will not affect your ILR application at all.

However it might affect their ILR at the same time, when you make your application. Between now and 2010, will they be spending much time outside the UK?
John

jiffry130157
Newly Registered

family not in UK but ILR validity in future and employment

Post by jiffry130157 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:45 am

John
Thank you for the information.
another query ' Wether the spouse can take employment with entry clearence visa. They have the entry clearence upto Nov 2010 . I have decided to take them to UK in near future. Is it necessary to change the entry clearence visa to residence permit? If so how to get it done?

Please give me some information on this.

Jiff

John

Post by John » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:04 am

I still find this very strange .... and not particularly helpful ... but as your wife's visa will make no reference at all to employment .... she is allowed to work in the UK.

So no need to change anything.

Obviously no great hurry but do appreciate that both you and your wife, and any children then aged 18 or more, will need to have passed the Citizenship Test in order to get ILR in 2010.
John

jiffry130157
Newly Registered

spouse visa

Post by jiffry130157 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:28 pm

Dear John
Thank you for the information and wish you and all the members Happy New Year.

Jiff