ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

British Naturalisation

Post by ILR.2012 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 pm

Dear moderators and fellow site users,

I and my wife we both are currently in UK on indefinitely leave to remain. we got our ILR last Feb. I'm eligible to apply for British Naturalisation after Feb 2013. My wife is in uk from the past two years only. Daughter is registered as a British Citizen.

I'm planning to send my wife and daughter to India for five months due to sudden demise of her brother. I'm looking for advice in relation to residential requirement for british naturalisation. I understand that one does not need to be away for more than 450 days in five year period.

My query is that if she stays in India for more than 90 days after indefinite. Will it effects her British Naturalisation in 2014 if her absences is less than 450 days?

Please advice on this matter

Many thanks for you rassitance

Regards

Saadullah

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:27 pm

ILR.2012 wrote: My query is that if she stays in India for more than 90 days after indefinite. Will it effects her British Naturalisation in 2014 if her absences is less than 450 days?
The requirements are:

* less than 450 days in 5 years.
* less than 90 days in the year before applying.

There is no restriction on the length of each absence (as long as they are within the requirements).

ILR.2012
Newly Registered

Post by ILR.2012 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Jambo wrote:
ILR.2012 wrote: My query is that if she stays in India for more than 90 days after indefinite. Will it effects her British Naturalisation in 2014 if her absences is less than 450 days?
The requirements are:

* less than 450 days in 5 years.
* less than 90 days in the year before applying.

There is no restriction on the length of each absence (as long as they are within the requirements).
Thanks Jambo.