ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any recommended PEO?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nmm

Any recommended PEO?

Post by nmm » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi Seniors,

Is there any recommended PEO as per member's experience, nice staff and/or high success rate?

These three are near to my house? Which should I go for?

1. Solihull
2. Cardiff
3. Croydon

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:49 pm

If you have searched other applicant experiences on this forum, you will know the answer to this question yourself.

From what I have seen, people tend to go to Croydon, if their application is not straight-forward and therefore may require a senior case worker. But it appears to be in general the worst PEO in terms of how applicants are treated & the length of time it takes to process an application on a day. They have also been plagued with IT issues (Biometrics) in the recent past, but I believe this has happened across all PEOs, though it may be worse at Croydon.

Solihull, appears to be the best from user experience. But they do not appear to be able to handle complex cases (in which case they redirect the applicant to either to apply by post or go to another PEO without taking the application fee). They check the application before taking the fee (unlike other PEO's). If they cannot approve it, then you will generally not have paid a fee in vain.

I haven't seen many posts about the Cardiff PEO. But I'm sure you will find user experiences if you search this forum yourself.

nottinghill

Post by nottinghill » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:24 am

I’ve been to both Solihull and Croydon. I would say definitely Solihull. Croydon is crowded and rotten. Never go there.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 am

Hi

I really agree with both the other post in this thread but just think about it Croydon is the UKBA headquarter they deal with every single immigration matters in the country all the way from Airport Plannings to every single thing so it does make sense that its tremendously busy and the other reason is that its located a bit more centrally than any other PEO.

I haven't experienced Solihull my self but I've been to Cardiff PEO back in May 2010 for one of my friends ILR he was on a WP and the experience was quite good though the PEO was really small really small that we just can't believe it. To the best of my knowledge the biggest PEO is the Croydon PEO in the UK.

To be honest with you just from my reading experience from the other forum members in this forum I also conclude that if your case is simple and straight forward enough to be get dealt with in a day you should go for Solihull but the only problem you'll come accross going to Solihull what other forum members have mentined on this forum is that its really hard to get a hold of Set(o) appointments at Solihull.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please do kindly share your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Good luck for your ILR.

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:46 am

Thought of telling you this just in case if you are self employed....

Thru the experiences posted in this forum, it seems Cardiff does not entertain Self-employed/Ltd companies Director's applications.

gm21

Post by gm21 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Solihull deffo.... Very nice and pleasant place, and they wont take money until they are sure that your visa could be granted

ilraspirant

Post by ilraspirant » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:54 pm

How about Glasgow PEO? Please advice...

tier1Reading

Post by tier1Reading » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:56 am

ilraspirant wrote:How about Glasgow PEO? Please advice...
Glasgow does not take self-employed/directors.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:36 am

Any one could plesae come forward about Sheffield PEO.
Thanks