ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parking tickets after BC application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

thunderera

Parking tickets after BC application

Post by thunderera » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:19 pm

Hi,
I applied for BC in first week of June and got two PCN for parking without permit end of June. I received the PCNs now. Actually found out someone is cloning my car reg plates so contacted police and insurer. Currently waiting for the crime ref number to inform councils to make representation against the PCN and also inform DVLA.

My question is should i inform home office same way? Bit worried that the PCNs may come up when they search before the councils actually cancel them.

Appreciate your thought on this.

Thank You.

mcovet
BANNED

Re: Parking tickets after BC application

Post by mcovet » Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:09 am

thunderera wrote:Hi,
I applied for BC in first week of June and got two PCN for parking without permit end of June. I received the PCNs now. Actually found out someone is cloning my car reg plates so contacted police and insurer. Currently waiting for the crime ref number to inform councils to make representation against the PCN and also inform DVLA.

My question is should i inform home office same way? Bit worried that the PCNs may come up when they search before the councils actually cancel them.

Appreciate your thought on this.

Thank You.
Imho, PCN is not a crime, so not declarable as such, unless u want to call a person driving in a bus lane or parking on a yellow line not of good character. Pcn is not smth to worry about and certainly nothing to declare, they DO NOT SHOW UP on CRB or any other checks. Even if u dont pay, i dont imagine how and in which database ukba should check to find such info, by that time u would have appealed the tickets and so nothing to worry about.

thunderera

Post by thunderera » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:21 am

But in the application it asks if I had more than one PCN so doesnt it mean they have a way of checking?

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:05 am

They talk about FPN (police matter) and not PCN (local council matter). Dont confuse those 2

semiautomatic
Newly Registered

Post by semiautomatic » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:54 pm

thunderera wrote:But in the application it asks if I had more than one PCN so doesnt it mean they have a way of checking?
Thenderera, the application refers to Fixed Penalty Notice (PCN) which usually comes with some points on your license. What you have is simple 'Penalty Charge Notice' (PCN), which is only a Penalty charge by council and does not involve police or court (unless you do not pay them or respond to them on time). So as long as you pay them or dispute them on time there's nothing to worry about, and you do not need to inform home office about them.