ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa with no remarks

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

chan888uk
Newly Registered

Schengen visa with no remarks

Post by chan888uk » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:12 am

I was just issued a 90 days C type Multiple Entry visa (by danish consulate)as the family member of an EU national., the remarks section is in blank.

can anyone tell me if i can go to the Schengen state alone?

Many Thanks

Plum70
Diamond Member

Re: Schengen visa with no remarks

Post by Plum70 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:21 am

chan888uk wrote:I was just issued a 90 days C type Multiple Entry visa (by danish consulate)as the family member of an EU national., the remarks section is in blank.

can anyone tell me if i can go to the Schengen state alone?
Don't see why not. I do not think that all Schengen visas specify that the holder is a family member of a EU/EEA/EFTA national.

ck4137

Post by ck4137 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:40 am

There will be a lot of problems with you if you go alone

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:23 am

no there won't be any problems if you go alone as long as you have a valid schengen visa on your passport. you will only face problem if you arrive in the border without your spouse or without any intention to join her in that country IF YOU SHOW YOUR RC document to the io.

But if you have a valid schengen visa for any schengen state and insurance , return tickets. and funds and accomodation proof YOU WONT HAVE any problem. just keep these documents handy and show to io if requested.

I have travelled ssome schengen countries without my wife and never had any problem.

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:25 am

ps.. i have had german visa saying family member of eu/eea national in german language and i traveled to hungary without my wife. i had no problem with it just ip asked me my return ticket which i showed him.

as long as you have a valid visa and documents needed for a visitor , you will be fine.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Punjab wrote:ps.. i have had german visa saying family member of eu/eea national in german language and i traveled to hungary without my wife. i had no problem with it just ip asked me my return ticket which i showed him.
Interesting about the remarks. I just got a German Schengen visa with the remarks: "Only valid for visits-/No employment or business related activities permitted", which I was quite surprised about. Could it be because they knew I was travelling alone?

Is it therefore better to take docs like my payslips (in addition to my marriage certificate) to show that I can fund my stay and have good reason to return?

Punjab
BANNED

Post by Punjab » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:21 pm

they give different remarks in different visa

like my two hungarian visas have remarks egyeb means miscellaneous and then INSURANCE not REQUIRED

and two has tourist
french one has something family eu national written etc but i had travelled alone with it
so its fine if you have valid visa and you can travel alone

just in irish visa they wrote family of eu.eea and they asked me if my wife was in ireland.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:05 pm

Punjab wrote:they give different remarks in different visa
I am aware that remarks depend on the visa category but was just curious to know if all FMs of EU/EEA/EFTA nationals get same remarks - FM of a EU national, or if it depends on the whether travelling alone or with one's EU spouse.

The remarks on my visa read like that of a visit visa for a standard tourist and I suspect this is because I am travelling alone this time.

I don't envisage any hiccups esp. as I will have supporting docs with me.

chan888uk
Newly Registered

Post by chan888uk » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:56 am

Many thanks!yesterday I entered switzerland(zurich airport) alone from Thailand without any problems with that Schengen visa(for the family member of an EU national).They just asked me to show the return ticket ,hotel booking ,medical insurance and travel itinerary.

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:59 am

chan888uk wrote:Many thanks!yesterday I entered switzerland(zurich airport) alone from Thailand without any problems with that Schengen visa(for the family member of an EU national).They just asked me to show the return ticket ,hotel booking ,medical insurance and travel itinerary.
Grand! Enjoy Switzerland. I hear the weather is great right about now.