ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR postal applications (excluding 10/14 yr.)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

lfc4ever
Newly Registered

Post by lfc4ever » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:51 am

Hi there,

Has anyone who applied in April 2012 got their residence card?

Cheers.

jessica_halida

Post by jessica_halida » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

Hello all, it's been more than 2 weeks since I posted my application but the fee is not even deducted yet. Anyone has this problem? should I call them?

1. Current visa: TIER 1 GENERAL
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 21-06-2013
3. Application form used for ILR: SET (O)
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
5. Date application posted: 13-07-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 14-07-2012
7. Date payment debited: WAITING
8. Payment mode : CHEQUE
9. Acknowledgement letter received:WAITING
10. Biometric letter received: WAITING
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: WAITING
12. Date of approval: WAITING
13. Date of return of passport and other documents: WAITING
14. Date BRP ILR Received:WAITING

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:10 am

UKwannabe, Feel so sorry for what happened with you and all the pain you are going through...I really hope you get your BRP soon!

I can't explain my situation as I submitted my application on 16th July and have Royal mail proof that they have recvd it but to date no fee debited, no ack letter..I am getting worried now really..

Do you know what is the fax number for UKBA where I can ask them what the hell has gone wrong with my application..its been 3 weeks now!

:cry:
Not all those who wander are lost...

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:17 pm

Thanks, Dadageer...I'm all cried out now I think. Flippin' muppets, honestly. Week 21 and I'm still at the beginning. I wrote a letter of complaint (faxed and will be sending overnight delivery, recorded this afternoon) and I also faxed the ones waiting for the Biometrics - I sent a 21 page fax documenting everything. I'm going to fax them everyday until I get a response from them.

Thanks for thinking of me - having my own little pity party.

The fax number is: 0151 213 2910‏

I genuinely believe someone gets the faxes so it's worth it to send a letter to them - what do you have to lose?

Good luck and keep us posted!

dadageer wrote:UKwannabe, Feel so sorry for what happened with you and all the pain you are going through...I really hope you get your BRP soon!

I can't explain my situation as I submitted my application on 16th July and have Royal mail proof that they have recvd it but to date no fee debited, no ack letter..I am getting worried now really..

Do you know what is the fax number for UKBA where I can ask them what the hell has gone wrong with my application..its been 3 weeks now!

:cry:

Someones1
Newly Registered

Post by Someones1 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:10 pm

i sent my application off on 5th july they took funds from cheque account on about 25th july but now whats next?
do they want biometrics then make a decission
or do they decide then do biometrics ?
im tired of this immigration stuff allready
thanks all

mustang390

Over 4 Months Still Waiting

Post by mustang390 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:38 pm

Its been over 4 Months since my SETo (sent on 20 March 12) is there anything I should do to get the decision sooner ?

regards

ed_1980

Re: Over 4 Months Still Waiting

Post by ed_1980 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:24 pm

mustang390 wrote:Its been over 4 Months since my SETo (sent on 20 March 12) is there anything I should do to get the decision sooner ?

regards
There are lots of us still waiting since February. So unless you've some urgent situation, which you believe UKBA may care about, no, there isn't. Their published SLA of hopelessness is 6 months. :-(

ILtoWait
Newly Registered

No Payment Taken

Post by ILtoWait » Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Jessica-Halida & dadageer I sent my application [Set(O)] on the 19th June and although I received their acknowledgement letter promptly, to date they still have not taken any payment...

I have called several times but have been told basically even though I have a reference from the acknowledgment letter, they cannot trace/investigate my application until a caseworker has actually input it on their system. They initially advised this "may take up to 4 weeks" but more recently they tell me they are dealing with an increased workload following a legislation change and it may now take up to 6 weeks. Until this happens they can not tell me anything - but the last person I spoke with did indicate that payment should have been taken by now and there was most likely a problem with payment processing.

I'm coming up to 6 weeks now but having read UKwannabee's awful situation I'm not confident anything would have changed yet. It's frustrating as hell but for now I think I just have to sit and wait in limbo until they contact me....eventually.

dsbos

Post by dsbos » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:20 pm

dsbos wrote: Can you please help with the below?

- What proof you would get at the post office as you submit your BM?
- Would Post Office give you any confirmation that "the UKBA have successfully received" your BM details?

Some of you have complained that your BM never received and had to submit again after weeks.
OK, finally I had all BM details submitted at the PO after few bumps and hiccups.

1. The lady at the counter was almost sending us back (to make me more angry) saying the "Place of Birth" was wrong for my kids. They were born in here but they are not yet British, so the letter had their other nationality.
We went through the letter once more and dicovered that it is the "Nationality" rather than the "Place of Birth" - so beware what you are being told when you go there.

2. My 20 months old refused to take the photo and she almost had WW3, so we drove to another PO nearby, which was quiet, and the Photo cubical was larger there. So took her one done there.

3. The PO will paste a Bar Coded sticker on your letter. I was told that all 4 BM went OK to the UKBA

4. You will be given another receipt for each applicant and that will indicate what is done;
- Photographs take
- Fingure prints captured
- Signature captured
- Price paid, etc

5. You will be given your original letters back.

If you have young children, make sure you take them well fed and ideally after their usual nap, so they won't increase your blood pressure.

Otherwise the CCTV operators will see how angry you are - honestly I did.

Not only the UKBA, even my kids started testing my patience ! :!:

ed_1980

Post by ed_1980 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:06 pm

dsbos wrote: OK, finally I had all BM details submitted at the PO after few bumps and hiccups.

1. The lady at the counter was almost sending us back (to make me more angry) saying the "Place of Birth" was wrong for my kids. They were born in here but they are not yet British, so the letter had their other nationality.
We went through the letter once more and dicovered that it is the "Nationality" rather than the "Place of Birth" - so beware what you are being told when you go there.

2. My 20 months old refused to take the photo and she almost had WW3, so we drove to another PO nearby, which was quiet, and the Photo cubical was larger there. So took her one done there.

3. The PO will paste a Bar Coded sticker on your letter. I was told that all 4 BM went OK to the UKBA

4. You will be given another receipt for each applicant and that will indicate what is done;
- Photographs take
- Fingure prints captured
- Signature captured
- Price paid, etc

5. You will be given your original letters back.

If you have young children, make sure you take them well fed and ideally after their usual nap, so they won't increase your blood pressure.

Otherwise the CCTV operators will see how angry you are - honestly I did.

Not only the UKBA, even my kids started testing my patience ! :!:
lol Well done dsbos

slchoong

Post by slchoong » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:10 pm

Hi!

I thought I will share this information with you guys!

2. Date of expiry of current leave: 22-06-2012
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 0
5. Date application posted: 28-05-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 29-05-2012
7. Date payment debited: 31-05-2012
8. Payment mode : Credit Card
9. Acknowledgement letter received: 02-06-2012
10. Biometric letter received: 27-07-2012
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: 28-07-2012

ideanokia6500

Post by ideanokia6500 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Someones1 wrote:i sent my application off on 5th july they took funds from cheque account on about 25th july but now whats next?
thanks all

i posted on 6th,they received on 9th,still payment not taken....confused :roll:
HI

GmanILR2012

update

Post by GmanILR2012 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:01 am

hey guys and girls,

I went back and PM'd all the guys on the top of each waiting list so far rkups in SET(O) received his ILR around the 20th of May. He sends his apologies for not being able to update the forum.

I will keep you posted on who else is still waiting........

sheford

Post by sheford » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:10 am

Hi all,

you can find the status of settlement approval here.Its is for period Jan 2012 to march 2012.

It will be updated on 30 August for application until 30th June.

http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/publicatio ... -2012-tabs

Table se.02.q: Grants of settlement by category of grant and refusals
Broad category of grant Broad category of grant 2012
Q1
Grant *Total *Total *Total 37,302
Refusal *Total *Total *Total 1,185
Grant Employment *Total *Total 18,727
Grant Asylum *Total *Total 2,994
Grant Family formation and reunion *Total *Total 12,766
Grant Other *Total *Total 2,815
Grant Employment Main applicant Employment with a work permit after 4/5 years 3,321
Grant Employment Dependant Employment with a work permit after 4/5 years 4,038
Grant Employment Main applicant Tier 1 Highly Skilled Migrant 3,372
Grant Employment Dependant Tier 1 Highly Skilled Migrant 3,440
Grant Employment Main applicant Tier 2 Sponsored with a job 1,204
Grant Employment Dependant Tier 2 Sponsored with a job 1,398
Grant Employment Main applicant Tier 5 Temporary workers and Youth Mobility 1
Grant Employment Dependant Tier 5 Temporary workers and Youth Mobility 0
Grant Employment Main applicant Permit-free employment, businessman, persons of independent means 582
Grant Employment Dependant Permit-free employment, businessman, persons of independent means 440
Grant Employment Main applicant Commonwealth citizens with a UK-born grandparent 704
Grant Employment Dependant Commonwealth citizens with a UK-born grandparent 227
Grant Asylum Main applicant Refugees and persons given ELR, HP or DL 1,754
Grant Asylum Dependant Refugees and persons given ELR, HP or DL 1,240
Grant Family formation and reunion Main applicant Husbands 3,732
Grant Family formation and reunion Main applicant Wives 7,152
Grant Family formation and reunion All Children 1,301
Grant Family formation and reunion Main applicant Parents and grandparents 195
Grant Family formation and reunion All Other and unspecified dependants 386
Grant Other All Other grants on a discretionary basis 2,729
Grant Other All Category unknown 86

sheford wrote:My status so far:
2. Date of expiry of current leave: 27-06-2012
4. Number of dependants applying at same time: 1
5. Date application posted: 11-06-2012
6. Date application received at UKBA: 12-06-2012
7. Date payment debited: 19-06-2012
8. Payment mode : DIRECT DEBIT
9. Acknowledgement letter received:19-06-2012

10. Biometric letter received: WAITING
11. Date of biometrics Enrollment: WAITING

anushil123
Newly Registered

Post by anushil123 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:36 am

Hi all,

Has anybody who has applied near 10th of March 2012 received their BRP and documents back??? This waiting game is too stressful.......

tower
Newly Registered

Post by tower » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:16 pm

HI Guys, I applied for settlement SET(0) on the 10th Jul 2011 HSMP+Tire1. Royal mail confirmed package was received on 11th Jul. Still no Ack letter or fee taken. My problem is my wife's employer is asking for proof of a visa status.Our visa expires tomorrow. I called Homeoffce enquires number and they basically said it’s not their problem and you will have to wait. All I was asking was for an acknowledgement letter.(its common courtesy to acknowledge the application) .Rock and a Hard place comes to mind. What can I do? If we do not provide a letter from UKBA they will terminate her contract. She works for an airline and they are pretty regimental about this stuff.

GmanILR2012

SET(O) February 20 - 26th

Post by GmanILR2012 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:22 pm

Hey,

Who ever applied around the 20th-26th February an FOI request came through on 30 July 2012 with official stats.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... 7.pdf.html

if your one of the 59, I hope you get your application this week!!!

ed_1980

Re: SET(O) February 20 - 26th

Post by ed_1980 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:28 pm

GmanILR2012 wrote:Hey,

Who ever applied around the 20th-26th February an FOI request came through on 30 July 2012 with official stats.

That'd be me in that 59. Here's hoping!

GmanILR2012

Post by GmanILR2012 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:31 pm

ed_1980 wrote:

Yeah they say it takes 96 calendar days to process SET (O) applications during February, so I think in the week commencing 27th February, I too have found myself in the 5%. I just hope to God they haven't lost all my documents, I have heard some serious horror stories!!

AussieSetO
Newly Registered

Post by AussieSetO » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:34 pm

tower wrote:HI Guys, I applied for settlement SET(0) on the 10th Jul 2011 HSMP+Tire1. Royal mail confirmed package was received on 11th Jul. Still no Ack letter or fee taken. My problem is my wife's employer is asking for proof of a visa status.Our visa expires tomorrow. I called Homeoffce enquires number and they basically said it’s not their problem and you will have to wait. All I was asking was for an acknowledgement letter.(its common courtesy to acknowledge the application) .Rock and a Hard place comes to mind. What can I do? If we do not provide a letter from UKBA they will terminate her contract. She works for an airline and they are pretty regimental about this stuff.
Hello - you can use the Employer Checking Service:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... /ecsstep2/

More paperwork I know, but it may buy you some time while you're waiting for your acknowledgement letter.

AussieSetO
Newly Registered

Post by AussieSetO » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:43 pm

GmanILR2012 wrote:
ed_1980 wrote:

Yeah they say it takes 96 calendar days to process SET (O) applications during February, so I think in the week commencing 27th February, I too have found myself in the 5%. I just hope to God they haven't lost all my documents, I have heard some serious horror stories!!

Eek- I don't even want to think about horror stories! I called the UKBA this morning to ask for confirmation if they definitely have my BRP details (I did my biometrics 4 May), but of course they could not disclose that information!

I think the 96 days in that response refers only to the dates that it is on their system... ie. if it takes 6 weeks to be registered on a caseworkers system, those days are not counted in processing time. I know that my case took at least 4 weeks to be registered as I made an enquiry early on (they spelled my name wrong on my acknowledgement letter) and was told that my case had not yet been assigned and was not on their system yet.

UKwannabee

Post by UKwannabee » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:47 pm

I seem to be the only one who's had an issue of UKBA losing my Biometrics - I'm sure you're fine! My life revolves around 'Sod's Law' s so I wasn't too surprised.

:P
AussieSetO wrote:
GmanILR2012 wrote:
ed_1980 wrote:

Eek- I don't even want to think about horror stories! I called the UKBA this morning to ask for confirmation if they definitely have my BRP details (I did my biometrics 4 May), but of course they could not disclose that information!

I think the 96 days in that response refers only to the dates that it is on their system... ie. if it takes 6 weeks to be registered on a caseworkers system, those days are not counted in processing time. I know that my case took at least 4 weeks to be registered as I made an enquiry early on (they spelled my name wrong on my acknowledgement letter) and was told that my case had not yet been assigned and was not on their system yet.

ideanokia6500

Post by ideanokia6500 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:43 pm

ideanokia6500 wrote:
Someones1 wrote:i sent my application off on 5th july they took funds from cheque account on about 25th july but now whats next?
thanks all

i posted on 6th,they received on 9th,still payment not taken....confused :roll:
thanks.today UKBA took payment (cheque)
acknowledgement letter received.
now wait for biometrics??
HI

tower
Newly Registered

Post by tower » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:46 pm

Thanks AussieSet0 for the quick replay. Employer Checking service said without UKBA SET(o) "team" actualy opening my application and entering my details to the system, the check would come negative.I honestly don't know what to do. How can the UKBA do this to people and get away with it!!

[quote="AussieSetO"][quote="tower"]HI Guys, I applied for settlement SET(0) on the 10th Jul 2011 HSMP+Tire1. Royal mail confirmed package was received on 11th Jul. Still no Ack letter or fee taken. My problem is my wife's employer is asking for proof of a visa status.Our visa expires tomorrow. I called Homeoffce enquires number and they basically said it’s not their problem and you will have to wait. All I was asking was for an acknowledgement letter.(its common courtesy to acknowledge the application) .Rock and a Hard place comes to mind. What can I do? If we do not provide a letter from UKBA they will terminate her contract. She works for an airline and they are pretty regimental about this stuff.[/quote]

More paperwork I know, but it may buy you some time while you're waiting for your acknowledgement letter.[/quote]

R&F

Post by R&F » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:01 pm

That is not true, when I was applying I was being made redundant. An my current employer used the checking service to see if I could work and the outcome was positive. I know I was not assigned a caseworker because I had asked my MP to expedite and I had just gotten a letter from him saying that it had not been assigned to a caseworker so he could not do anything.

Only the employer can use the checking service tough!

Hope this helps.
Hi everyone, hope you get your visa soon, I still get in to check...it is now a habit!
tower wrote:Thanks AussieSet0 for the quick replay. Employer Checking service said without UKBA SET(o) "team" actualy opening my application and entering my details to the system, the check would come negative.I honestly don't know what to do. How can the UKBA do this to people and get away with it!!

AussieSetO wrote:
tower wrote:HI Guys, I applied for settlement SET(0) on the 10th Jul 2011 HSMP+Tire1. Royal mail confirmed package was received on 11th Jul. Still no Ack letter or fee taken. My problem is my wife's employer is asking for proof of a visa status.Our visa expires tomorrow. I called Homeoffce enquires number and they basically said it’s not their problem and you will have to wait. All I was asking was for an acknowledgement letter.(its common courtesy to acknowledge the application) .Rock and a Hard place comes to mind. What can I do? If we do not provide a letter from UKBA they will terminate her contract. She works for an airline and they are pretty regimental about this stuff.

More paperwork I know, but it may buy you some time while you're waiting for your acknowledgement letter.