ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR under 10 yrs rule or Tier 1 Extension

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrgsingh

ILR under 10 yrs rule or Tier 1 Extension

Post by mrgsingh » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:48 am

I am currently on Tier 1 visa until the end of Oct12. I am also eligible to apply for ILR in Aug under 10 yrs Long Residency visa. My question is If I apply for ILR under 10 yrs Long Residency visa and God Firbids...something happens wrong and gets visa rejected, Would I be able to apply for my Tier 1 extension as the HO decision for ILR may take upto 26 weeks? It means I may get my ILR decision by Dec12/Jan13 when my Tier1 visa will have been expired.

Has anybody gone though this situation before.

Thank you

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:45 pm

How about getting an extension first, and once you have acquired that, apply for ILR on 10yr basis. That way you avoid the difficult situation you are worrying about.

mrgsingh

Post by mrgsingh » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:05 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:How about getting an extension first, and once you have acquired that, apply for ILR on 10yr basis. That way you avoid the difficult situation you are worrying about.
I understand however I will have to wait until Oct to be eligible to apply for Tier 1 extension. Will have to spend extra money on this visa as well as dependant visa for my wife and childrens (appox £3k to £4k). once i get my passport back, will have to apply for ILR under long residency and spend funds again. Same again for wife. It will just talk a lot of money and time.

I have been on Student visa for 3 yrs, Post Study visa 2 yrs, Dependant Visa 2 yrs and Tier 1 Visa 3 yrs. I have only 6 days gap in my student visa extension. I sent my passport via University for a visa extension which was granted 20 days later. Now I note on my SAR that the HO received my passport 6 days after my visa expiry. I don’t have any acknowledgement letter to conf it was sent earlier.

I also have another issue regarding visa stamp. It appears that the my passport wasn’t stamped while coming back to the UK once. Apart from that I don’t have any issues.

I believe that I will get it however you know I not so confident as can';t say anything about HO until you get it.

Any thoughts...what would you suggest?