ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

namcdona
Newly Registered

Post by namcdona » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:16 pm

My final timeline:

Date Docs sent: 01 February 2012
Date biometrics booking letter received: 17 March 2012
Date biometrics enrolled: 26 March 2012
Date BRP received: 31 July 2012
Date Docs received: 30 July 2012

Thanks to everyone for updating over the last few months. Knowing that I wasn’t the only one stuck in limbo made the wait slightly better. Good luck to everyone still waiting.

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:28 pm

congratulations namcdona! looks like they are moving on with end-of-march biometrics. fingers and toes crossed for all waiting (we did biometrics 31st march)

mrsclc78

biometrics letter

Post by mrsclc78 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:40 pm

Question for you more experienced folks out there...

It's been nearly 6 weeks since my application was received and my payment taken, and while I received my acknowledgement letter, no biometrics letter yet.

Most cases on here seem to show the biometrics letter comes within 1-4 weeks, but I do see where in some cases it's 6 weeks and some even much longer.

My current situation is that my husband will need to travel to France for work in September. I was told to request his passport back no later than 20 working days prior to when he'll need it, but I'm afraid to request it back just yet because without my biometrics letter, I know they've not yet even inputted me into the system, nor assigned me to a caseworker.

If I request his passport now, I'm afraid they'll have to ask for it back and this will cause even more delay to the lengthy process. I've got another few days to hold out before the 20-working-day mark. It's a bit of a long shot.

I wonder if it's worth sending a letter to the UKBA address on the ack. letter, or the fax number, and inquiring about my biometrics letter and if its been lost in the post, or if it will be generated soon? I don't want to request his passport back too soon, but I also can't wait forever. Not sure what to do :-/

waitwaitwait

Post by waitwaitwait » Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:58 pm

[quote="tommyc"]congratulations namcdona! looks like they are moving on with end-of-march biometrics. fingers and toes crossed for all waiting (we did biometrics 31st march)[/quote

I dont think biometrics date is relevant as the theme suggests that its the jan application dates were considered and now feb has started.
Because in terms of biometrics mine was done before "namcdona"
But app date is afterwards and i havent receive it yet so it seems like they are going as per date of application, which seems fair.

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12 
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12 
Date biometrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12) 
Date biometrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12 
Date BRP received: waiting 
Date Docs received: waiting 

Visa type: FLR(M)
From - Tier 4 

luckysam
Newly Registered

easy

Post by luckysam » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 pm

hi,i m new to this forum.i applied for spouse visa since september 2011.i m still waiting ....?????Now me and my wife thinking to write a letter to MP and get an update.Can any one help me .what kind of letter should we send to our MP,its very kind of you.plzzzz.my email address is megabass22003@yahoo.com.i m on tier 4 visa in uk. :( :( :( :( :(

kid13

Re: easy

Post by kid13 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:14 am

luckysam wrote:hi,i m new to this forum.i applied for spouse visa since september 2011.i m still waiting ....?????Now me and my wife thinking to write a letter to MP and get an update.Can any one help me .what kind of letter should we send to our MP,its very kind of you.plzzzz.my email address is megabass22003@yahoo.com.i m on tier 4 visa in uk. :( :( :( :( :(
Did you contact the UKBA once you'd been waiting more than 6 months?

kid13

Post by kid13 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:21 am

Congratulations to everyone who got their visa recently. I contacted UKBA last week and all they could say was that they're working though in order of biometric submission date. Hope it gets faster post Olympics!

luckysam
Newly Registered

Post by luckysam » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:03 pm

yes million times but no update.today i call them and said it really frustrating that i m waiting almost an year now.as usually no update and wait little more...

luckysam
Newly Registered

Post by luckysam » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:06 pm

now i m thinking to write my mp a letter to ask them for an update..can any one help me in this letter.it really very kind of you.my email address is megabass22003@yahoo.com.... regards..

kuzey50
Newly Registered

Post by kuzey50 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:18 pm

luckysam wrote:now i m thinking to write my mp a letter to ask them for an update..can any one help me in this letter.it really very kind of you.my email address is megabass22003@yahoo.com.... regards..
Correct me if I am wrong, but the letter does not have to be a formal letter. You can also send an email to your MP explaining the situation. I did this twice and my MP got back to me within 2 working days.

So just send him/her an email, explain what your situation is. Make sure you include names, case reference number, dates etc. and hopefully you should receive a reply soon.

Good luck!

badger111

Post by badger111 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:21 pm

namcdona wrote:My final timeline:

Date Docs sent: 01 February 2012
Date biometrics booking letter received: 17 March 2012
Date biometrics enrolled: 26 March 2012
Date BRP received: 31 July 2012
Date Docs received: 30 July 2012

Thanks to everyone for updating over the last few months. Knowing that I wasn’t the only one stuck in limbo made the wait slightly better. Good luck to everyone still waiting.
I am so happy for you! I hope the rest of us who enrolled biometric in March will soon be getting good news...

kid13

Post by kid13 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:07 pm

kuzey50 wrote:
luckysam wrote:now i m thinking to write my mp a letter to ask them for an update..can any one help me in this letter.it really very kind of you.my email address is megabass22003@yahoo.com.... regards..
Correct me if I am wrong, but the letter does not have to be a formal letter. You can also send an email to your MP explaining the situation. I did this twice and my MP got back to me within 2 working days.

So just send him/her an email, explain what your situation is. Make sure you include names, case reference number, dates etc. and hopefully you should receive a reply soon.

Good luck!
luckysam, maybe your spouse/partner can write the letter for you? As kuzey50 said, you just need the basics like your details and case ref number, and explain the fact that you have been waiting for nearly a year and would like an update! If I were you, I'd write to the UKBA (as opposed to phoning them) as well as writing to your MP.

volverine
Newly Registered

still waiting!!!

Post by volverine » Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:15 pm

hi there,

today is exactly 8 months past since applied and still waiting for some kind of communication with home office as they seem to be ignoring my husband and me. :(
i will contact them in the morning and post update if will get any useful information,. which could also be useful for you up here.

kid13

Post by kid13 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:36 pm

Some of the UKBA backlogs go back 18 months! Not about FLR(M), but interesting article nonetheless...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/201 ... sfeed=true

kuzey50
Newly Registered

Post by kuzey50 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 pm

kid13 wrote:Some of the UKBA backlogs go back 18 months! Not about FLR(M), but interesting article nonetheless...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/201 ... sfeed=true
Here is another article, talking about a backlog of 270,000+ cases! I am not sure whether this includes FLR M cases though!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2012/jul/2 ... NTCMP=SRCH

glenrock12
Newly Registered

Post by glenrock12 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:41 pm

Hi my wife applied FLR(M) in 29 june 2012.still we are waiting for acknowledgement letter. Money deducted 9 july 2012.can any one tell me how long it takes to get acknowledgement letter

aditipritam

Post by aditipritam » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:03 am

glenrock12 wrote:Hi my wife applied FLR(M) in 29 june 2012.still we are waiting for acknowledgement letter. Money deducted 9 july 2012.can any one tell me how long it takes to get acknowledgement letter
Usually a week

Donking1

Post by Donking1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:23 am

Date Applied/Docs sent: 09/02/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 22/02/12 (dated 13/02/2012)
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 17/03/2012
Date Biometrics Appointment: 26/03/2012 (Cardiff PEO)
Date Biometrics Issued: 02/08/2012
Date Biometric Card Received from HO: 06/08/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 03/08/2012

Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse and daughter
Visa From:Tier 1 Dependant
Last edited by Donking1 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mandie2666
Newly Registered

Post by mandie2666 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:25 am

Hi all,

I've been stalking this board from afar for a few weeks, thought I'd finally throw my own story up.

I'm a Canadian gal living in London.

My Youth Mobility visa was expiring May 5th 2012, so my British partner (of 4 years) and I attempted the same-day premium application for the "unmarried partner" visa in early April.

The officer told us "you have a solid application, but you're missing a few things....you should apply but post, they're more lenient. Unfortunately, you just don't tick all my boxes so I can't grant your visa". (Not kidding, he really said that).

So we sent out our application by post the next day. It was sent back to us 2 weeks later - there was a fee increase 6th April (the DAY we sent it off) that we didn't know about, so our older forms were invalid.

We then applied for a 3rd time, and the acknowledgement letter was received the same week my other visa expired - just in time for me to have implied status and continue to work.

I sent off my biometric in mid-may, and now have been waiting 2.5 months to hear anything else.

I know that other people have been waiting much longer than me, and I shouldn't complain, but it's very difficult to be patient. I just desperately want to plan a trip back to Canada and see my family, go away to see friends in mainland Europe.

What's worse is that we're not that confident about our application, considering the same-day application failed.

We're so frustrated - and wondering if we should cancel the application, fly back to Canada and just get married.

SIGH!

AngieLynn09
Newly Registered

Post by AngieLynn09 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:08 am

It's so great to hear about people getting their decisions! Keep the good news coming, it gives the rest of us hope!

My husband contacted our MP for a fresh progress enquiry on July 23rd. We heard back a few days later that "your wife's February 2012 application as a settled refugee remains awaiting a decision. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications, cases can be subject to a long processing time. I understand the case has been assigned to a caseworker."

Uhhhhh, settled refugee!? We're still not sure if this was a mistake by the MP office or if the UKBA has our visa down as something completely different than what it should be. But as far as the update, it's the same we received in May, so disappointing.

We've contacted them asking for a clarification on the reference to my application as a refugee application other than FLR(M) as well as my husband pointing out that while we're happy to wait our turn, others are receiving their visas back from April, May and June.

I'm not very optimistic that we'll get any more information, just hoping the postman comes knocking in the next couple weeks...

Applied: 22/01/12
Returned as invalid: 25/02/12
Fiance visa expired: 22/02/12
Fresh out of time application made: 28/02/12
Acknowledgement letter: Dated 01/03/12
Biometrics letter: Dated 22/03/12
Biometrics enrolled: 26/03/12
MP contacted UKBA, told "case is awaiting caseworker decision" and to mail them two new passport photos: 16/05/12
Mailed photos: 17/05/12
Photos delivered to UKBA 18/05/12

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:34 pm

dear members,
I too understand new rules on or after 9th July 2012 that one has to maintain £18600 to sponsor a dependent.

my query is my dependent fall under old rules, so what is the fund requirement if i have to sponsor her as a partner for ILR holder.

In December I am going to apply for ILR under Long Res. category, while filling flr(m) form for my dependent, how much money should i show as earning ?

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:24 am

My time line:

FLR M applied on 27th February
Payment out of the bank: 29th February
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on 16th March
Biometric completed in Glasgow office on 28th March
Document return: still waiting!!!
Biometric card: still waiting !!!

21 weeks and I am still waiting, I am hoping to be soon!!!!!!!

cezza2012
Newly Registered

Post by cezza2012 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:49 am

Hey everyone, just a wee note on here to say anyone who hasnt recieved an ackknowledgement letter, my husbands was sent to his former address as he didnt update his change of address with them until we submitted flr(m) form, hope this clears some issues up of lost ack letters :-),

anyways......

my husband and i are expecting our first baby in october, and am wonder if there is anyone else out there in our position ? apply for visa change while having the stress of pregnancy.. thanks

our timeline

Date Applied/Docs sent: 21-05-12
Ack. Letter Dated: 31-05-12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived:13-06-12
Date Biometrics Appointment: 15-06-12
Date Passport/Docs received from HO:waiting
Result & VISA stamped: waiting
Visa: switching from tier 4(general) to spouse FLR(M)
Last edited by cezza2012 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

badger111

Council tax

Post by badger111 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:51 am

I don't know if this matters, but my partner wouldn't register me with local council for council tax until I got my paperwork back. I have been in the country since January, but we thought it wasn't logical to register me as I do not technically know whether they are going to allow me to stay or not. Of course, we know they will, but still...

Anyway, they have contacted us few days ago from the local council to tell us that UKBA has contacted them to confirm whether my partner was living at the same address as stated in the documents, and told them that I was in the country since January. We will have to pay of course higher council tax for all the months I was here, but that's not a problem. We weren't gonna avoid anything anyway. Just thought it wasn't necessary.

Does that mean they are actually working on my application and could I expect paperwork soon? I have enrolled biometrics in March...

Dsin

Re: biometrics letter

Post by Dsin » Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:04 am

mrsclc78 wrote:Question for you more experienced folks out there...

It's been nearly 6 weeks since my application was received and my payment taken, and while I received my acknowledgement letter, no biometrics letter yet.

Most cases on here seem to show the biometrics letter comes within 1-4 weeks, but I do see where in some cases it's 6 weeks and some even much longer.

My current situation is that my husband will need to travel to France for work in September. I was told to request his passport back no later than 20 working days prior to when he'll need it, but I'm afraid to request it back just yet because without my biometrics letter, I know they've not yet even inputted me into the system, nor assigned me to a caseworker.

If I request his passport now, I'm afraid they'll have to ask for it back and this will cause even more delay to the lengthy process. I've got another few days to hold out before the 20-working-day mark. It's a bit of a long shot.

I wonder if it's worth sending a letter to the UKBA address on the ack. letter, or the fax number, and inquiring about my biometrics letter and if its been lost in the post, or if it will be generated soon? I don't want to request his passport back too soon, but I also can't wait forever. Not sure what to do :-/
Hi there,

Just a quick update - my husband received his biometrics letter in the post today :D I know we still have a long wait but at least it feels like we have moved a step forward.

We're off to enrol his biometrics at the post office today so will post on here if we have any difficulties in doing so.

Hope this means your letter will also be arriving soon :D

Our dates are:

Applied online & payment taken: 10.06.12
Acknowledgement letter: 22.06.12 (dated 20.06012)
Biometrics letter: 04.08.12 (dated 01.06)
Biometrics enrolled: hopefully today!