ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitor visa job search?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

visitor visa job search?

Post by sathyasp005 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Hi,

I am a sofware developer with 4+ years experience working in India.

I am looking for job opportunities in UK as my brother is staying in London for the past 3 years.

My question is, how can I apply for jobs from India?. Can I attend interviews on my own with tourist visa?

Please post your valuable suggestions.

Thank you,
Sonnia

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

Post by sathyasp005 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:14 pm

Can anyone please reply

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:19 pm

You can search for jobs and attend interviews whilst on tourist visa but cannot take up employment you would need to go back to India and apply for Tier 2 once you have received an offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship has been assigned to you.

Its not easy to find a job and sponsorship offer at the same time, it entirely depends on your skillset and how interested is your employer to employ you.

varghesejim
India

Re: visitor visa job search?

Post by varghesejim » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:07 pm

sathyasp005 wrote:Hi,

I am a sofware developer with 4+ years experience working in India.

I am looking for job opportunities in UK as my brother is staying in London for the past 3 years.

My question is, how can I apply for jobs from India?. Can I attend interviews on my own with tourist visa?

Please post your valuable suggestions.

Thank you,
Sonnia
Possible only if you are into some niche technology which is difficult to find or they feel you are one among the creamy layer of developers.

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

Post by sathyasp005 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Thanks you replies. Yes I am working in one of the rare techonologies which are used mostly in US and UK. Are there any chances if the employer it ready give me job and but NO work permit sponsor, can I pay for my own work permit?, will the UK Work permit rules allow this?

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:40 am

sathyasp005 wrote:Thanks you replies. Yes I am working in one of the rare techonologies which are used mostly in US and UK. Are there any chances if the employer it ready give me job and but NO work permit sponsor, can I pay for my own work permit?, will the UK Work permit rules allow this?
Some employer has to sponsor you which they will do if they found you exceptional.

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

Post by sathyasp005 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:58 pm

I am planning to travel to UK post Jan 2013 to look for IT job. Usually, is Jan to April best time to look for IT jobs in UK? or Can I travel at the start of financial year April 2013. Please advise.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:12 pm

sathyasp005 wrote:I am planning to travel to UK post Jan 2013 to look for IT job. Usually, is Jan to April best time to look for IT jobs in UK? or Can I travel at the start of financial year April 2013. Please advise.
It is very difficult to predict when there will be more openings. I think except the school holidays in august/september and decemeber/january, you can pick any time. Make sure you understand your market before travelling. If your Skills are not niche, you might not even get a chance to attend an interview in a visitor visa. What is your skill set?

kumarraj
Newly Registered

Post by kumarraj » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 pm

sathyasp005 wrote:Thanks you replies. Yes I am working in one of the rare techonologies which are used mostly in US and UK. Are there any chances if the employer it ready give me job and but NO work permit sponsor, can I pay for my own work permit?, will the UK Work permit rules allow this?
what technologies ?

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

Post by sathyasp005 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:38 pm

uniPaaS, Magic eDeveloper

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:13 pm

sathyasp005 wrote:uniPaaS, Magic eDeveloper
I doubt if there are enough openings in UK for the technologies. Search through jobsites and try to call if you find any. Explain the situation. In my opinion if they are still interested to talk to you even after knowing you are not in UK that is a good sign.

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

Post by sathyasp005 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:17 pm

If a company is ready to sponsor, is it usual for companies to provide details to UK immigration dept to bypass fund maintenance by the employee? Please let us know.

ashleybrownhd
BANNED

Post by ashleybrownhd » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:38 pm

If your brother is staying in UK than ask him to assist is getting a job. You can go on tourist visa and attend interviews but it very hard way to secure a job because everyone will ask you for work permit. I would say it is better if you apply in different companies from India only as this is more easy way to secure job.

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

Post by sathyasp005 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:49 am

I dont understand how it will be easy to secure job from India? If I apply from India, employers are not even considering my profile for not having work permit. Suppose if I go there and arrange interviews to meet them in person, there is a chance to showcase my skills to convince them to get a job as well as work permit.

KellyS
- thin ice -

Post by KellyS » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:17 am

Much better if you look first sponsor to increase your chance to get job on that country.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:24 pm

visit visa holders are not allowed to take job in uk ,employer will get huge fine as well if employe someone without right to work .
so ypou need to get the right visa before you can look for job in uk.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Toofan, are you simply trying to increase your posting score on the forum by adding to very old and inactive threads?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:33 pm

@ Casa, I suspect you are spot on with your comment. There is another user I have noticed doing the same with really old threads and it is really annoying and frustrating. They should be changed to -thin ice-
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Thanks. If it continues they will be.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:14 pm

They appear to have taken heed of Casa's comments. I think they must be searching for particular keywords which, results in old posts.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:20 pm

@Amber - yes possible, but it is common sense to check the date to see how old a post is, well to me it is common sense as this is the first thing I generally check.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Indeed, members should check the dates, but I think we should err on the side of caution and allow this blip so long as it doesn't continue. I'm rather equitable ;-)
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.