ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General discussion after BC and Passport application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gaku

Post by gaku » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:24 am

joh118 wrote:I am in the process of applying for the passport, I've already been naturalised.

In the documents I need to send, it says "Passport you entered the UK with", what does this mean? Because I have 2 previous expired passports. Do I need to send all my expired and current passports or just the first passport I used to enter the UK with?

Thanks in advance.
U should send your first passport which u used to enter in Uk and your current passport if I'm u I'll send all 3.

goodfellow1

Re: Approvals & refusals?

Post by goodfellow1 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:30 pm

I realise that everybody on this thread, including myself, has applied for BC and most have been approved or in the process of waiting for approval, but has anybody actually been refused? and if so, on what grounds?
I understand that the majority of applicants, myself included, have straightforward applications but from what I've researched a very small percentage of applications are refused for different reasons.
Those that have been refused will probably not want to share their story, but I thought it was worth asking anyway.

Yes, thousands of applications get refused every year on the ground of good character criteria, residence requirements... ect, many applicants conceal information such as criminal convictions, civil court judgments, financial problems and when the UKBA finds out they refuse the applications and sometimes bared the applicants for 10 years or even for lifetime(Mohamed al fayed) for instant... HE took his case to the high court twice to get his British citizenship but still the home office refused to grant him on the basis of not being a good character. The home office used discretion and only reward honest hard working law obedient people'

iereboy
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by iereboy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:17 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=90623

topic tells you about refusals goodfellow

kurgy
Newly Registered

Post by kurgy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:52 am

Hi Everyone, I know I may be asking the 'how long is a piece of string question'.
It has been 3w2d since applying for my husbands first UK passport. It says allow 6 weeks before travel which we have done. However we are due to fly on the 6 week mark.
After reading other posts people are usually getting their letters for interview within 3 weeks. Has anyone actually taken longer than the 6 weeks?

I have sent an email last week with no response.

Thanks

ilrbuddy1
Newly Registered

Post by ilrbuddy1 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:59 am

den777
Newly Registered

Post by den777 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:42 pm

kurgy wrote:Hi Everyone, I know I may be asking the 'how long is a piece of string question'.
It has been 3w2d since applying for my husbands first UK passport. It says allow 6 weeks before travel which we have done. However we are due to fly on the 6 week mark.
After reading other posts people are usually getting their letters for interview within 3 weeks. Has anyone actually taken longer than the 6 weeks?

Thanks
Hi kurgy, I sent mine and children's on 2 of July. it's 4w2d gone with no any response yet.

lumera
- thin ice -

IPS Passport Application queries

Post by lumera » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:34 pm

den777 wrote:
kurgy wrote:Hi Everyone, I know I may be asking the 'how long is a piece of string question'.

Thanks
Hi kurgy, I sent mine and children's on 2 of July. it's 4w2d gone with no any response yet.
After three(3) weeks, it is always advisable to call the IPS advice lines for the progress of your applications...Good luck...

drravikirankb
Newly Registered

Passport Application

Post by drravikirankb » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:05 pm

Dear forum mates,
I have applied for my first British Passport after Naturalisation through post office check and send on 02/07/2012, IPS received it on 04/07/2012. Till now I haven't heard anything. I phoned them many times, they only say that my application is being examined. I really don't know how long it will take to get at least letter for Interview. I t has already been 4weeks. I really appreciate your help and suggestions about what to do next, other than simply waiting. It is really very frustrating and stressful situation.
Kind Regards,
Dr Ravi

kurgy
Newly Registered

Post by kurgy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:53 am

Do our original documents (applying for first passport) come back via royal mail or courier?

manoj123

Post by manoj123 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 am

kurgy wrote:Do our original documents (applying for first passport) come back via royal mail or courier?
They come in royal mail unless you arranged/paid for a special service.

kurgy
Newly Registered

Post by kurgy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:02 am

I paid for the £3 extra for special delivery but I just presumed this was also Royal Mail.

3wk6days and counting - still havent heard anything. We fly in 2 weeks, would be happy with original documents back as we can travel on those. Never expected it to be 6 weeks to get own passport back just the new one issued??

ilrbuddy1
Newly Registered

Re: Passport Application

Post by ilrbuddy1 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:35 pm

drravikirankb wrote:Dear forum mates,
I have applied for my first British Passport after Naturalisation through post office check and send on 02/07/2012, IPS received it on 04/07/2012. Till now I haven't heard anything. I phoned them many times, they only say that my application is being examined. I really don't know how long it will take to get at least letter for Interview. I t has already been 4weeks. I really appreciate your help and suggestions about what to do next, other than simply waiting. It is really very frustrating and stressful situation.
Kind Regards,
Dr Ravi

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/TravelAndTr ... /DG_181663

iereboy
Mood:
Trinidad & Tobago

Post by iereboy » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Omg!

I got my lovely brown envelope today. It was good news. I was successful.

YAY! Decision was made in April. I don't know why they took so long. It took 6 months in my case and my application was straight forward. Never mind, its all been sorted. Thank god.

Do I have to wait for an automatic letter to come from the council? Or do I ring them up now and book the ceremony?

Good luck to everyone else who is waiting.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:18 pm

iereboy wrote:Omg!

YAY! Decision was made in April. I don't know why they took so long. It took 6 months in my case and my application was straight forward. Never mind, its all been sorted. Thank god.

Do I have to wait for an automatic letter to come from the council? Or do I ring them up now and book the ceremony?

Congratulations

Ring your local council for a ceremony

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:19 pm

iereboy wrote:Omg!

Congratulations

Ring your local council for a ceremony

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Withdrawal of application

Post by HeartGambler » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:19 pm

Hello,

I have applied for my first passport few weeks ago via PO check n Send and still have not heard anything from IPS.

Unlike some lucky people I was not able to get a refernce number to book a interview. I am only worried about my current passport as I will have to travel urgently in 3 weeks.

Can anyone help if i withdraw my application how long will it take to get the documents back.

Also can anyone confirm if the supporting documents come with the interview letter or before the letter as IPS confirmed they could also come after the new passport.

Please advise.

Thanks

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Withdrawal of application

Post by noble72uk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:28 pm

HeartGambler wrote:Hello,

I have applied for my first passport few weeks ago via PO check n Send and still have not heard anything from IPS.

Unlike some lucky people I was not able to get a refernce number to book a interview. I am only worried about my current passport as I will have to travel urgently in 3 weeks.

Can anyone help if i withdraw my application how long will it take to get the documents back.

Also can anyone confirm if the supporting documents come with the interview letter or before the letter as IPS confirmed they could also come after the new passport.

Please advise.

Thanks
Hi

Most of the time the supporting documents comes with the interview letter or before but as far as you said you applied a few weeks ago that mean you can contact the IPS they can at least send you back your documentations.

inglasias
Newly Registered

Post by inglasias » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:53 pm

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: 3yr spouse of BC
Method of application: NCS (Camden Council)
Date of Application: 27/03/2012
Date of receipt by UKBA: 28/03/2012
Date of debit of fees: 04/04/2012
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 11/04/2012
Date of receipt of approval: 02/08/2012 Date on letter: 23/07/2012
Date of Ceremony: 07/08/2012

It has been a long and stressful 4 months wait, but Al-hamdoulillah I have finally come to the end of the long Immigration journey.

I have been reading this forum everyday to give myself hope and motivation from people with different situations.

March Club is coming through!!!

Thanks everyone and Good luck to anyone still waiting. Watch out for the brown envelope!!

ilrbuddy1
Newly Registered

Post by ilrbuddy1 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:54 pm

Application Timeline
Type: 5 yrs(WP+HSMP+TIER1) + 1 yr ILR
Date of Application using NCS: 24-04-2012
Method of application: NCS
Acknowledgement Letter Dated:29-04-2012
Date of debit of fees:03-05-2012
Date of receipt of approval: 03-08-2012
Approval Letter Dated: 30-07-2012
Date of Ceremony: 16-08-2012

After 3 and over a week

kurgy
Newly Registered

Post by kurgy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:01 am

After phoning daily for the past week we have only been told 'application received on x day'......on Fridy we were told 'it is now with the examiner' any idea how long it takes from this part?

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Interview Booking reference number

Post by HeartGambler » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:26 pm

Does any one know the format of the reference number given on the interview letter.

Thanks

madihi
Newly Registered

Post by madihi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:11 pm

same thing for me. I applied for first passport on July 13th and they told me max 3 weeks. I have called back this morning and they say it could take a few more weeks as the examiner hasn't started lookign at it. I told them that i was planning to travel based on their initial assessment of timeline and their reply was that there is nothing they could do as they are an advice service.

really dont know what to do. Raising a complaint would that make any difference?

HeartGambler
Newly Registered

Post by HeartGambler » Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:00 pm

madihi wrote:same thing for me. I applied for first passport on July 13th and they told me max 3 weeks. I have called back this morning and they say it could take a few more weeks as the examiner hasn't started lookign at it. I told them that i was planning to travel based on their initial assessment of timeline and their reply was that there is nothing they could do as they are an advice service.

really dont know what to do. Raising a complaint would that make any difference?
Do you know which office is dealing with your application.

lumera
- thin ice -

Passport app queries...

Post by lumera » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:13 pm

kurgy wrote:After phoning daily for the past week we have only been told 'application received on x day'......on Fridy we were told 'it is now with the examiner' any idea how long it takes from this part?
If no referrals to your countersignatory, a matter of 1-3 weeks...be on the lookout...check that your signatory has not been contacted and hopefully your passport photographs are not defective in anyway...

Check the post regularly for invitation to book passport interviews...

Good luck...

Machikkoz
Newly Registered

Passport

Post by Machikkoz » Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi all
Can someone help me wat are the procedure applying for British passport after BC approved

Thanks