ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

osterly

HI

Post by osterly » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:35 pm

iyanu wrote:Yes, that is correct invitation letter will be sent from UKBA...and after you could contact your council...they will then send you a letter and questionnaire to confirm a date for ceremony and if you don't like the date just agree another date or pay for a private ceremony.

In my case, I called my council immediately I knew from UKBA that they had posted my approval (it turns out to be an invitation letter) but they have not received my certificate then...immediately the council received my certificate from UKBA they just send me a letter confirming a date for public ceremony but I had to go for a private arrangement instead.
when you say ring council is that mean we need to ring NCS or any other people at council

ukpl

Re: HI

Post by ukpl » Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:25 am

osterly wrote:when you say ring council is that mean we need to ring NCS or any other people at council
Register Office

iyanu
Member of Standing
Nigeria

Post by iyanu » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:24 am

Yes ukpl is right...you will need to ring your local council Register Office...note that even if you used a different local council for NCS to submit your application (and/or you did not specify a particular council for your ceremony in your application), UKBA will send your certificate to the local council relevant to your home address.

So you just need to call the Register Office of your local council ( unless your local council does not offer naturalization ceremony).

KC8010

Post by KC8010 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:24 am

Hi guys

I rung the Register office of the council where I live and left a message for them to call me back as its been a week since I received my approval letter from UKBA but no invitation letter as yet and becoming increasingly worried as they say once you receive your approval letter you MUST book your ceremony within 14 days - how can you when you havent received your invitation letter???

KC8010

Post by KC8010 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:34 pm

YAY - got my Ceremony Invitation today in the post!!! Booked in for my ceremony on Wednesday Feb 02. 11 - then I am a British Citizen, I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED

sam16
Newly Registered

Post by sam16 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:30 pm

[quote="osterly"][quote="iyanu"]Yes, that is correct invitation letter will be sent from UKBA...and after you could contact your council...they will then send you a letter and questionnaire to confirm a date for ceremony and if you don't like the date just agree another date or pay for a private ceremony.

Hi ,

My British citizenship application has been approved and i ve received my invitation letter from UKBA after that my Council sent to me a letter and a questionnaire to confirm and choose a date for my ceremony and i did complete the questionnaire and choose a date and i ve sent them back to my council by post as they told me , I want to know is that all or do i have to receive an other confirmation letter ? or do i have just to go to the ceremony the date i ve chosen in my questionnaire ? or what to do ? Please let me know , Thank you

Kind Regards,

Sam

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:15 pm

sam16 wrote:
osterly wrote:
iyanu wrote:Yes, that is correct invitation letter will be sent from UKBA...and after you could contact your council...they will then send you a letter and questionnaire to confirm a date for ceremony and if you don't like the date just agree another date or pay for a private ceremony.

Hi ,

My British citizenship application has been approved and i ve received my invitation letter from UKBA after that my Council sent to me a letter and a questionnaire to confirm and choose a date for my ceremony and i did complete the questionnaire and choose a date and i ve sent them back to my council by post as they told me , I want to know is that all or do i have to receive an other confirmation letter ? or do i have just to go to the ceremony the date i ve chosen in my questionnaire ? or what to do ? Please let me know , Thank you

Kind Regards,

Sam
Congratulations,

just go to the ceremony the date you ve chosen take with you the invitaion and an ID.

All the best

sam16
Newly Registered

Post by sam16 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:24 pm

noble72uk wrote:
sam16 wrote:
osterly wrote:

Hi ,

Kind Regards,

Sam
Congratulations,

just go to the ceremony the date you ve chosen take with you the invitaion and an ID.

All the best
Thank you very much noble72 uk , I ve called the Council and they told me same , They said just come in to the Council the date you ve selected for the ceremony in your questionnaire, I am very very happy , Thanks a lot