ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FP92A Prescription charge exemption (medical)

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

FP92A Prescription charge exemption (medical)

Post by bruteforce » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Can someone who is on PSW , claim a "prescription charge exemption certiificate" for a life saving drug that is required all the time?

Just wanted to make sure it doesn't count towards "recourse to public funds".

Many Thanks

z18runway

Re: FP92A Prescription charge exemption (medical)

Post by z18runway » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:49 pm

bruteforce wrote:Can someone who is on PSW , claim a "prescription charge exemption certiificate" for a life saving drug that is required all the time?

Just wanted to make sure it doesn't count towards "recourse to public funds".

Many Thanks
are you giving information or asking query ?

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:04 pm

if you can see the question mark at the end of a sentence then I guess it is a question asked, couldn't find any rocket science in my original post.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:58 pm

anybody out there who know the answer?

Lils
Newly Registered

Post by Lils » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:58 am

As a general rule, the person is not entitlted to get this certificate. This certificate is only available to under 16s; women who are pregnant or have had a baby in the last 12 months; and people who get benefits (not allowed to anyone on a PSW visa as they count as public funds).

However, there are some exemptions and could be entitled to get free prescriptions if the person has:

• cancer
•a permanent fistula (for example caecostomy, colostomy, laryngostomy or ileostomy) requiring an appliance or continuous surgical dressing
•a form of hypoadrenalism (for example Addison's disease) for which specific substitution therapy is needed
•diabetes insipidus or other forms of hypopituitarism
•diabetes mellitus, except where treatment is by diet alone
•hypoparathyroidism
•myasthenia gravis
•myxoedema (hypothyroidism requiring thyroid hormone replacement)
•epilepsy requiring continuous anticonvulsive therapy
•continuing physical disability that prevents the person from going out without help from another person. Temporary disabilities do not count even if they last for several months

I got the info from:
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcost ... costs.aspx

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

bruteforce
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by bruteforce » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

this is actually an exact extract from the "form FP92A" and does not clarify my question. Thanks any ways.

Anything from senior members or administrators?

Regards

Lils
Newly Registered

Post by Lils » Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Sorry my answer didn't help muchl! Well, according to a 'senior' member from another immigration forum, you are entitled to get the exemption if the medication is needed to treat one of the conditions listed in my previous message (which is also included in the certificate, as you correctly pointed out).

If the condition is not in the list, you will have to pay for the prescription.

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... orm-fp92a/

You might also want to have a look at the following threads:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=85507

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=81930

If you need to buy the medication on a regular basis, and you are not entitled to get it for free (because it's not on the list), you could check if a Prescription Prepayment Certificate could be an option for your individual circumstances. My sister needs to use different kinds of medication each month for the rest of her life and the PPC has helped her save a huge amount of money.

I hope you've found my reply more helpful this time and your question has finally been answered.