ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visitor - please help!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rajaninanu

General Visitor - please help!

Post by rajaninanu » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi all,

I wish to bring my mother in law to UK for 2 months. I am under Tier 1 general Migrant visa valid upto June 2nd 2012. As per what I read in the UKBA website now we need to have ILR if we want to bring someone under Family visitor visa. So I am thinking to bring her under the category of General Visitor. To do that do I need to submit my bank statements if she has enough funds in her account?

Please guide
Many thanks
Rajani

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:07 pm

No, but that circumstance would apply equally to family visits also. The applicant does not need a financial sponsor if the applicant has their own and sufficient financial means.

rajaninanu

Post by rajaninanu » Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Thank you Lucapooka