ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:29 pm

Maybe my MP did have something to do with it. The visa was stamped 31 July and I had contacted him on 30 July.

But he hasn't got back to me yet to take the credit, so who knows.

Dshah

Mp

Post by Dshah » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:43 pm

Congratulations , must be a relief

I wouldn't b surprised if your mp did have something to do with it,
I've read of similar situations on the board where ppl have contacted their mp and their visa was stamped on the same day, its strange how for some it seems to do the trick but others get a standard reply.

1nad321
Newly Registered

Post by 1nad321 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:49 pm

MashaaAllah.
congratulations all those you have recieved visas. please to continue to remember us in your duas. below is my timeline.

Application submitted in khi- 06/03/2012
Under process at bhc - 19/03/2012
Ready for collection - waiting
Visa granted- waiting

(107 days soo far)

is there anyone else who submitted in karachi in march?

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:57 pm

bassem wrote:I'll be back checking the forum when its time to apply for ILR in a few months time. I'm gonna get that sorted at the earliest opportunity.
Just got your visa - you won't be eligible to apply in a few months for ILR?

AcrossBorders

Post by AcrossBorders » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:59 pm

1nad321 wrote: is there anyone else who submitted in karachi in march?
Yes we applied in Khi late March, its not a first come first serve basis.. be patient you should be getting a response any day now..send an email to Gerrys as a chaser anyway..

sakman

Post by sakman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:46 pm

bassem wrote:Maybe my MP did have something to do with it. The visa was stamped 31 July and I had contacted him on 30 July.

Bassem do you know if your MP made a phone call to them or did he write to them. And do you know who he actually contacted?
Thanks

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:09 pm

AcrossBorders wrote:
bassem wrote:I'll be back checking the forum when its time to apply for ILR in a few months time. I'm gonna get that sorted at the earliest opportunity.
Just got your visa - you won't be eligible to apply in a few months for ILR?
If I think about it in terms of years I'll end up leaving it too late.

We have to apply after two years right?

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:18 pm

sakman wrote:
bassem wrote:Maybe my MP did have something to do with it. The visa was stamped 31 July and I had contacted him on 30 July.
Bassem do you know if your MP made a phone call to them or did he write to them. And do you know who he actually contacted?
Thanks
I couldn't tell you. He hasn't got back to me. I just got an email from his secretary to acknowledge my initial email.

I was going to leave it a couple of weeks and then follow-up on my email like Dshah did. But then we got a text out of the blue.

A girl who applied on the same day as my wife also got her visa today. So the MP thing could just be a coincidence. But it doesn't hurt trying to get support behind you.

If you haven't had a response from your MP yet you may be well off going to see him/her at their next surgery - put a face to the request.

NaaNaa90

Post by NaaNaa90 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:08 pm

fazila89x wrote:hi king2be98
Congratulations on ur brothers wife's visa!
if im correct your brother applied on the 28th of feb and got a call back on the 31st of july? that makes it 106 days right?
itl be 107 days for me tmrw.. i really didnt expect it to take this long.. think im the longest on the thread :cry: :oops:
Don't worry Fazila, I think I'm ahead of you!

My husband applied for his visa in Islamabad.

Applied: 24/02/12
Under process: 08/03/2012
And we're still waiting.

Just thought I'd add this to make you feel a bit better. You're not alone ;)

Elisha
Newly Registered

Post by Elisha » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Hang in there guys im sure you will all get a result soon I honestly cant belive how bad UKBA have been in dealing with applications especially if feb applicants are still waiting.
My prayers are with you all and i am sure it will be worth the wait!!

Application submitted 29/03/2012
Forwarded to BHC 13/04/2012
Visa granted 21/07/2012
Collected 27/07/2012
Centre mirpur

bashman
Newly Registered

Post by bashman » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Aslamualikum,

Alhumdulillah wife got visa. May Allah make it easy for all those waiting

Application submitted 18/04/2012
Forwarded to BHC 02/05/2012
Visa granted 02/08/2012
Collected 03/08/2012
Centre mirpur

fazila89x
Newly Registered

Post by fazila89x » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:44 pm

NaaNaa90 wrote:
if im correct your brother applied on the 28th of feb and got a call back on the 31st of july? that makes it 106 days right?
itl be 107 days for me tmrw.. i really didnt expect it to take this long.. think im the longest on the thread :cry: :oops:

And we're still waiting.

Thank you naanaa90 :)
u and i have been waiting a looong time!
inshallah it will be our time next week!
congratulations to everyone whos loved ones have got their visa so far 8)

mr.lonely
Newly Registered

Post by mr.lonely » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello All,

Im still waiting for my wifes visa aswell :( ....

applied on: 16th march
forwared to BHC: 30th march
ready for collection: .....................

Inshallah everything will come fine....... INSHALLAH! SAW

el nino

Post by el nino » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:11 am

fazila89x wrote:
NaaNaa90 wrote:

And we're still waiting.

Thank you naanaa90 :)
u and i have been waiting a looong time!
inshallah it will be our time next week!
congratulations to everyone whos loved ones have got their visa so far 8)
dont worry they cant keep ur passport for more then 10 days frm now on SO THIS WEEK U WILL DEFINITELY HEAR INSHALLAH
APP SUBMITTED IN ISL 13/03/12
FORWARD TO OC 13/03/12
PROCESS N BHC 27/03/12

munchies27

salaam all

Post by munchies27 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:57 am

salaam everyone...
hope ur all ok :)

im also getting frustrated now dont know why :(

i hope we all get good news nxt week. tomorroe is the start of the new week so good luck to all and plz remember one another in ur duas.

im hoping my hubby is here for Eid, Insha'Allah but have to wait and see.

this wait has been the hardest thing in my whole life.

be strong and keep faith in Allah and all will be fine. tgis forum is a little comforting so i come here if im feeling worried or down.

anyways good luck to all. Fee aman Allah.

[/b][/u]

umara786
Newly Registered

Salaam all

Post by umara786 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:21 pm

Salaam, hope ur all well..

Congrats to all whos visa has been granted..
Im still waiting on my husbands visa..

He applied on: 13/04/2012 in mirpur
Visa app under process at BHC: 26/04/2012..
Not heard anything since...

Its such a stressful wait..i cant seem to understand how theyr working..they r giving replies to applicants that applied after my husband and some people are still waiting since Feb...

its ridiculous...

I even emailed mirpur gerrys and they said its taking upto 24 weeks, and i cant do anything before that but they also gave me another email add for islamabad i emailed them but theyve not got back to me and its been a week since i emailed them..
Im sooo fed up and dont know what to do...i fould this forum and read through it, it made me feel better so thought id share situation with you too..

Plz remeber me in your Duas, and i will inshAllah do dua for all tht are waiting impatiently...
It just worries me thinking if God forbid visa gets rejected will have to go through this stressing procedure again it could take year before we can be with our spouse and can live a normal life like everyone else :(

munchies27

salaam

Post by munchies27 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:07 am

salaam everyone... hope ur all ok.

umara786 i totally agree with u. feels better to know someone is going through the same feelings n situation as me. im still waiting and today for my hubby its been 101 working days. this wait is dreadful. i know wat u mean, god forbid if it gets my hubbys gets rejected then gna be a long time before our spouse can join us. i hate to think about it!

im getting really upset now been away from my hubby for ages seems like years. i hope Allah will grant all our visas. i really dont knw wat to do. its been 2 weeks since i emailed islamabad but still no response. we have a right to a family life so i dont see why they take the mick. i knw that due to people who abuse this system they do so much investigations but we genuine people are affected.

i just want my hubby here now its been too long.hope we hear something today but thats just wishful thinking.

anyways good luck to all who are still waiting. hope we hear something very soon :)

bassem
Newly Registered

Post by bassem » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:40 am

I would urge you to email your MP. It may or may not have an effect but at worst it will allow you to feel that you've done something and at best it could be just what's needed to get your loved one's visa. There's nothing to lose - even if you don't beleive in voting, make use of your MP.

This is what I emailed my MP based on the template from Dshah earlier in the thread.
Dear Mr/Mrs MP NAME,

I was hoping you could assist me with inquiring about my wife’s visa application which I should have had a reply for after 00 weeks of application. However, that time limit has now passed and it’s been 00 weeks.

Many people have had assistance from their local MP and have had a reply within days of their MP contacting the British High Commission. I would be very grateful if you could assist me with this urgent matter so that my wife can join me and we can continue with our lives here in UK.

My wife NAME’s date of birth is 00/00/00 and her application reference is XXX/000000/000000/0. We applied at CITY, COUNTRY.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you in advance,

NAME
ADDRESS
If emailing, and then a follow up a week later doesn't work then go see them at their next surgery. Don't just wait around.

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Hi please be patient, there are a lot of people whom have applied that are still waiting. Allah is with you all, make the most of this time by praying and getting close to Allah swt.

I know this website is not for chit chat and I don't want to take up any of the space on here by posting irrelevant stuff. But if anyone needs any comforting or some advice there is a group created by ex-members/applicants/sponsors of this group on facebook where you can have a chit chat as well as speak to applicants/sponsors etc. If anyone wants to join please PM me your email address and name on facebook and we can add you to the forum/group. :) :) :)
Allah is the greatest!

munchies27

Post by munchies27 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Exquisit33 salaam...

i am unable to join the facebook group unfortunately.

u know on page 3 theres the google doc spreadsheet with timelines, it usually gets updated everyday. but ive noticed it hasnt been updated today so i dont knw who has had any news. plz who ever usually updates it, could you do this. i believe the person who updates it has joined that facebook group as it only got the ex-members/applicants/sponsors names on it. plz could you kindly tell someone to update it plz coz i check it here on a daily basis. i would really appreciate it. its nice to know the updates of the previous members of this forum.
plz could you also send my salaam to evryone, its a shame i cant join the group due to personal circumstances.

Anyways if anybody has any news on thier spouses visa application, then plz kindly update me and the rest of the people on this forum... it gives a little comfort.

thank you

twonations
Newly Registered

Post by twonations » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:45 pm

105 days for us, still waiting...hoping for good news this week, our prayers with all of you, i applied on 07.03.2012. Just did sehri and prayed fajr with lots of duas.

el nino

Post by el nino » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:14 am

wth no reply after 102 days with april applicants gettin visas and us march applicants still waiting
APP SUBMITTED IN ISL 13/03/12
FORWARD TO OC 13/03/12
PROCESS N BHC 27/03/12

leila
Newly Registered

Post by leila » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:00 pm

just updated the timeline and inshallah this week we will hopefully see some RFC on the timeline :)

Peshawar_khan
Newly Registered

Missing her :(

Post by Peshawar_khan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:12 pm

I have applied my wife's visa on 26/03/212 and was processed at BHC Islmd on 10/04/2012,But still awaitng.
Please can someone bring my wife to uk....tired off making rotti by myself:((

Hamza84
Newly Registered

Join the Club

Post by Hamza84 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:09 pm

@ Peshawar Khan

I also Applied in Islamabad on 27/3/12, process on the 11/4/12,

Still waiting, This batch between beginning on March till the end is really slow

Just have to Wait my Brother

There is no limit on Patience