ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:47 pm

stetois wrote:just finished on the phone with the H.O the woman on the phone told me that a package left the H.O this morning and she gave me the tracking number. i m just wandering what is in the package. my RC or something else. i will update
when did you apply ?what number I need to call and find out

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:57 pm

stetois wrote:just finished on the phone with the H.O the woman on the phone told me that a package left the H.O this morning and she gave me the tracking number. i m just wandering what is in the package. my RC or something else. i will update

Sure ,It will be RC and bt tell me your timeline
when did you apply?

vilsonrjunior
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by vilsonrjunior » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:06 pm

Hello!

I've arrived in the UK in March with a EEA FP issued abroad valid for 6 months..after a couple of months I sent the request for the EEA2.

I posted my documents on the 24th of May, received by the HO on the next day, and so far I still haven't received nor the CoA or the RC!

I've learnt through this thread that many of you guys managed to contact the HO for information..

I've tried the number provided on their website and all I got was an automatic message saying they have 6 months to return my passport, I didnt even had the option to speak to someone!

Could you please let me know which number you guys called and the email address I can write to them as well..

Best of luck!

Regards

Vilson

stetois

Post by stetois » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:16 pm

manikgupta007 wrote:

when did you apply?

eea1 and eea2 sent 28 february 2012
HO received 29 feb
eea1 for my wife and daughter issued 04 april,received 25 april
COA received june the 11 after request
RC is the most important and i m still waiting!!!!!!!!

stetois

Post by stetois » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:27 pm

[what number I need to call and find out[/quote]

01516725626... Dial 1 .. Then 2.. I pick this number from forum ... Try it ...
I wss successfull to talk with them after 26 minutes of call.

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:47 am

stetois wrote:
manikgupta007 wrote:

when did you apply?

HO received 29 feb

thanks mate bt when I called them they said we will only tell you when you complete your six months

flybe
Newly Registered

Post by flybe » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 pm

hello new on the forum. Can Someone help that when should i expect my COA if applied on 6th of July?

Many Thanks in Advance

EEA1 and EEA2 sent 6th July 2012
COA: waiting for

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:49 pm

[quote="flybe"]hello new on the forum. Can Someone help that when should i expect my COA if applied on 6th of July?

Many Thanks in Advance

EEA1 and EEA2 sent 6th July 2012
COA: waiting for[/quote]

You may wait up to 10weeks. Best of luck

waren2k12
Newly Registered

Post by waren2k12 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:54 pm

Guys do you have any idea what may be going on?!
My 6 months was over on the 24th of July.
Called HO few times and they told me to clarify that ''A letter was produced on the 19th of July. We can't tell you whether it has left the office or not, as you haven't provided a prepaid envelope. Therefore, I would advise you to wait as it will be sent by 2nd Class Delivery. ''
A letter was produced? What letter? And how long it takes to leave the office?
I hate living in the suspense!!

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:06 pm

[quote="waren2k12"]Guys do you have any idea what may be going on?!
Called HO few times and they told me to clarify that ''A letter was produced on the 19th of July. We can't tell you whether it has left the office or not, as you haven't provided a prepaid envelope. Therefore, I would advise you to wait as it will be sent by 2nd Class Delivery. ''
I hate living in the suspense!![/quote]

It doesn't matter if they sent it with 2nd nor 10th Class Delivery. the fact, they're not abiding by EEA 6months rule, if I were you I will be calling them at least 5times a day until you got positive answer and you got all right to Complain.

maxo1
Newly Registered

Post by maxo1 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:26 am

Time line

EEA1 & EEA2 SENT ON 16/05/12
HO RECEIVED ON 17/05/12
CALLED FOR COA ON 12/07/12
EEA1 REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE & COA RECEIVED ON 27/07/12 DATED ON 12/07/12
RC.... STILL WAITING

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

EEA 2 timeline

Post by manikgupta007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:55 am

anyone got news abt getting RC :) :) :) :)

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 am

zubby007 wrote:
waren2k12 wrote:Guys do you have any idea what may be going on?!
I hate living in the suspense!!

It doesn't matter if they sent it with 2nd nor 10th Class Delivery. the fact, they're not abiding by EEA 6months rule, if I were you I will be calling them at least 5times a day until you got positive answer and you got all right to Complain.

same as here zubby !!!! I called HO today they said packet left on 31 july , and I havn't received anything because they might sent by second class delivery , they didn't think abt our documents are inside

manikgupta007
Newly Registered

Post by manikgupta007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:08 am

manikgupta007 wrote:
stetois wrote:
manikgupta007 wrote:

when did you apply?

HO received 29 feb

thanks mate bt when I called them they said we will only tell you when you complete your six months
HAVE YOU RECIEVED YOUR RC OR NOT , I CALLED HO TODAY THEY SAID THE PACKAGE HAS BEEN LEFT 31 JULY BT STILL NOT RECIEVED YET

waren2k12
Newly Registered

Post by waren2k12 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:26 am

Calling the HO now waiting for them to answer!

One thing I don't get is; why on earth if they say ''a package was sent'' they simply don't tell you what decision was taken rather than keeping you in the dark?!!

It's frustrating!! I heard usually once an application is done, it goes in the 'dispatch department' and God knows when it leaves!

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:33 am

same here, last week ukba told me on the phone they sent us a packet, but untill now it hasn't arrived yet (sent out last week on monday).

they even gave me a tracking number but it is a "Recorded Signed For" item so can only be tracked once delivered. (strangely it is not our own special delivery envelope we put inside when we made the application)

did ukba give you a tracking number?

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:10 am

[quote="manikgupta007"][quote="zubby007"][quote="waren2k12"]Guys do you have any idea what may be going on?!
I hate living in the suspense!![/quote]

It doesn't matter if they sent it with 2nd nor 10th Class Delivery. the fact, they're not abiding by EEA 6months rule, if I were you I will be calling them at least 5times a day until you got positive answer and you got all right to Complain.[/quote]

same as here zubby !!!! I called HO today they said packet left on 31 july , and I havn't received anything because they might sent by second class delivery , they didn't think abt our documents are inside[/quote]

The facts is they're NOT coming up with the truth about ones application info, 2nd class mail normally takes 7 working days or even lesser I got letter they sent to my wife using so called 2nd class mail with in 3 working days. So I doubt their 2nd class mail blaming games.

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:16 am

[quote="waren2k12"]Calling the HO now waiting for them to answer!

One thing I don't get is; why on earth if they say ''a package was sent'' they simply don't tell you what decision was taken rather than keeping you in the dark?!!

It's frustrating!! I heard usually once an application is done, it goes in the 'dispatch department' and God knows when it leaves![/quote]

Wait sometime it takes about 15 -20mins.

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:26 am

zubby007 wrote:
waren2k12 wrote:Calling the HO now waiting for them to answer!

It's frustrating!! I heard usually once an application is done, it goes in the 'dispatch department' and God knows when it leaves!

Wait sometime it takes about 15 -20mins.
The problem is not that they dont pick up the phone (they do after ~25 minutes or a bit longer)
The problem is that they say a packet is sent but they dont want to say what is in the packet or even what the decision or status of an application is.
That's just ridiculous.

waren2k12
Newly Registered

Post by waren2k12 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:38 am

Bad news guys!

Solicitor called, Application was refused!! :( (Letter dated 19th July)

My partner and I are unmarried, she deserved all her rights through her dad.
We have a child together who just turned 1. Lived together over 2 years and been together over 4 years!

Main reason why they refused is that, Im not related to her dad.

So, I guess I will have to appeal!

Good luck to those waiting,
Hope it's good news for you!

Wehlau
Newly Registered

Post by Wehlau » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:39 am

I have the same story. Today i've been told that they sent me a package last Friday. They did not let us know what exactly did they sent, whether it was just my passport (as we have requested it) or whether it was RC or other decision. :( They have also sent it by signed delivery and they have provided me with the tracking number of THEIR envelope, while when we have requested my passport back, we have asked them to send it in our next day special delivery pre-paid envelope.
All we have to do now is wait :-(

sc2012uk

Post by sc2012uk » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:44 am

waren2k12 wrote:Solicitor called, Application was refused!! Sad (Letter dated 19th July)
sorry to hear that
goodluck with the appeal!
Wehlau wrote:I have the same story. Today i've been told that they sent me a package last Friday. They did not let us know what exactly did they sent, whether it was just my passport (as we have requested it) or whether it was RC or other decision. :( They have also sent it by signed delivery and they have provided me with the tracking number of THEIR envelope, while when we have requested my passport back, we have asked them to send it in our next day special delivery pre-paid envelope.
All we have to do now is wait :-(
that they didnt use your envelope seems to indicate that they kept some of your documents and will use that envelope later for sending your remaining documents to you.....i guess

Wehlau
Newly Registered

Post by Wehlau » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:58 am

Wait sometime it takes about 15 -20mins.[/quote]

The problem is not that they dont pick up the phone (they do after ~25 minutes or a bit longer)
The problem is that they say a packet is sent but they dont want to say what is in the packet or even what the decision or status of an application is.
That's just ridiculous.[/quote]

They are not simply ignoring, when i phoned them i could hear that many of them are actially on a phone and are dealing with other callers. I was on the phone with them for about 15-20 minutes, so as other people. They are busy.

I am agree that it is very annoying that they do not tell you about the status once the documents already left the HO. I do not understand the logic of not telling people about the decision if the envelope is already on the way.

Amo2012

Post by Amo2012 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi all,
here is my timeline so far:

applied for EEA2 (on the bases of durable relationship) on 02-08-12
application delivered on 06-08-12

Nz made
Newly Registered

Post by Nz made » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Nice simple case, Kiwi lad married to an Irish lass and living together in Dublin

EEA 2 Applied for 12th February 2012
Received by HO 14th February 2012
COA issued with full right to work 9th March 2012

I requested my wife's passport back in April as she needed to travel, sent back to us within a week.

After requesting my passport back in May (which they did not action)
When I rang to chase, I was told that I was not guaranteed entry on my NZ passport and COA (so I left the passport with HO)

I then requested passport again on the 20th July as need to travel in August, rang to chase this up on 27th July, and got an abusive woman who wanted to cancel my application, once she calmed down and realised that I was only chasing my requested passport return, told me she would chase this and that I should not bother requesting it back as they will only be looking at my case the next week as its the last week before 6 months (can't believe she admitted they dont even look at them until then)

Anyway the good news is that my Passport arrived with all my documents and the RC in it

RC dated 27th July
Delivered 4th August

so just under the 6 month mark

I will say there are some really nice folks who work for the HO who are very helpful and others who are very bitter and grumpy........... but I think one of the main issues is people ringing for updates on COA and RC, rather than using the email or phone for just passport returns as it says...........

we need to be patient and expect COA's in 4-6 weeks and RC's in 6 months......... although this may be just for simple cases