ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

very confusing question.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ghummy

very confusing question.

Post by ghummy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:03 pm

hello ladies and gentlemen.

wife has sent her application form yesterday for naturalization, it was confirmed delivered this morning.

here is whats bugigng me now.

on the the guidance notes for form AN it says to send the application form to this address:

UK Border Agency
Department 1
PO Box 306
Liverpool
L2 0QN

however on the website which i believe is updated more regularly it says if your within the uk then you must send the application to this address:

Department 1
UK Border Agency
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

my wife has sent her application to the address on the website now were both getting worried if that is the right one. which one is correct guys?

as it stands we have sent to this address as per website?

Department 1
UK Border Agency
The Capital
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

is this correct and if not, will it cause a massive problem for us or will they just internal post it to the right dept.

thanks guys for the help/.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:08 pm

I suggest you call them but I suspect both addresses lead to the same place (the first one is PO Box. The second one is the actual address of the offices).

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:11 pm

The first adddres is a PO Box at the main Liverpool post office, from where it is sent the second address, the Capital Building, which are the newly-opened UKBA offices.

You have nothing to worry about.

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:29 pm

The application form AN has the correct address.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:09 pm

Casa wrote:The application form AN has the correct address.
why do they give a different address on their website?

it says in big bold font that applications sent from the uk should be sent to the address iv have sent to.

just want to know if it will cause a problem with the application? all i want is to my mind at ease

looking at the guidance notes they were produced in september 2010 however the website was updated on 16 july 2012 therefore is the site right or the form?>

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:27 am

just an update guys, we sent the application to the new address on the website NOT the one on the form.

they recieved delivery on tuesday 31/07/2012.

today, 4 days later, we have already got a letter back from them stating they have recieved it and they have already taken the fee.

if the speed of this is anything to go by, it shouldnt be too long for the approval.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:09 am

I wonder if the outside of the UK applications go to the address currently used by other applicants who applied earlier, are the outside of the UK applications then redirected to the same new address, or dealt with elsewhere?

what happens to all those who applied earlier and posted their apps to the PO Box? Are they kept there or passed to the new address from where the fees were taken?

No idea how the queueing system will work, as the UKBA tend to pile up older apps during transitional periods. This happened during their move of the EEA applications from Croydon to Liverpool as well.

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:28 am

i think what is happening is, since 16th july 2012, applications made outside of the uk are porcessed at the PO Box address. unlike before, application made in the uk are processed at the new address.

i think anyone in the uk who posts to the PO box will just have their application redirected to the new address.

however that is only my theory, god only knows how the whole thing works.