ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR in March,2010 - TRaffic Offences and CCJ

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 12, 2012 1:03 pm

If one is in doubt of whether a conviction exists and whether it may affect settlement, the most sensible thing is to check for unspent conviction yourselfbefore applying for settlement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Sun May 20, 2012 10:51 pm

hello surprised77 and congrats on your ilr.i cant wait to be in yr same shoes.just a question i do have in regards to your conviction-did you say yes to having a conviction in th form and do you think the downgrade was due to this offence?
Regards

nshamid
Newly Registered

Post by nshamid » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:08 pm

surprised77 wrote:Dear all,

I have been a silent watcher of this forum. I have an unspent court conviction of drink and drive (DR10). Applied for ILR in PEO Croydon on 29th November 2011. The application was downgraded to postal for 'further checks'. Eventually received passport today with ILR stamped.
I got my ILR last month July 2012, while I had unspent traffic conviction. 5 points issued by court with £300 fine. Case worker looked at the conviction page, but didn't pay any attention to it even though I have entered all my details.
So don't worry and apply in confidence.