ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC after 1 year of PR through EEA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andrej

BC after 1 year of PR through EEA

Post by andrej » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:09 pm

I applied for EEA4 last year in July 2011 and was granted PR in September 2011. It all looked great until I recieved a letter stating that there was a technical mistake concerning my DOB on PR sticker as the year of birth was cut off.

I was required to send my passport back to HO and recieved it back with a new PR sticker dated mid November and the old one dated September cancelled.

What I want to know is when applying for BC, do I have to count the 1 year as of November or September 2011. I still have the HO letter admitting their mistake. It was their fault and why should I lose two months off my application?

Advice appreciated

regards

zubby007
Member of Standing

Re: BC after 1 year of PR through EEA

Post by zubby007 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:06 am

[quote="andrej"]I applied for EEA4 last year in July 2011 and was granted PR in September 2011. It all looked great until I recieved a letter stating that there was a technical mistake concerning my DOB on PR sticker as the year of birth was cut off.

I was required to send my passport back to HO and recieved it back with a new PR sticker dated mid November and the old one dated September cancelled.

What I want to know is when applying for BC, do I have to count the 1 year as of November or September 2011. I still have the HO letter admitting their mistake. It was their fault and why should I lose two months off my application?

Advice appreciated

regards[/quote]

If I were you I'll wait till Nov. 2months is just nothing, you could be right anyway, but to avoid long argument with NCS and your money. Best of luck.

mcovet
BANNED

Post by mcovet » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 am

Apply in Sep, u have proof of being free from immigration restrictions for a year at the time of application, the letter confirms it and it can be checked if anyone is in doubt. Y should u lose 2mths.