ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) for wife returned at the PEO - Please Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alle

FLR (M) for wife returned at the PEO - Please Help

Post by Alle » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:36 pm

Hi,
sorry for posting under this section, since I didn't get a response under other section I had to post here.

I obtainedd ILR on the 15th of July 2012 and I was under Tier1 General Before.
My wife came to the UK in December 2011 as my dependent (PBS Dependent)

As her visa is expiring in a few days time we went for a PEO service and from my understanding we were supposed to fill the FLR (M) as she has not completed 2 years to obtain ILR and that she can be my dependent under this form.

when we produced the FLR (M) application to the caseworker the caseworker said there have been some changes and that he wanted to check some things and for us to wait in the waiting area. After about 45 minutes we were called back and the case worker advised that due to the recent changes that my wife can't apply under the FLR(M) form and that she has to fill the FLR(0) and that she should tick PBS dependent. He said as she is already in the UK she can extend the visa as a tier 1 dependent and apply for ILR after completion of 2 years in the UK. To add to the misery I was told this has to be a postal application as they cannot accept this form for premium services. The case worker also advised that my wife will be assessed on the PBS dependent basis. my greatest concern is that if they do, PBS dependents required a set amount e.g £800 the exact amount which I am still to find out has to be in the account for 90 days as I was following the requirements on the FLR (M) form I didn't maintain this amount.

I am not 100% convinced that I was given the correct information in respect of what application to fill. Please can a senior member or a moderator help me with my situation and provide advise asap as my wife's visa is expiring soon

Thanks
Alle

Alle

Post by Alle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:34 pm

Can anyone share their experience of obtaining a dependent visa after getting ilr please share their experience.

Someone please advise on my matter. I am really lost as to what to do next

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:55 pm

Alle,

I share your understanding that your wife was correct in applying using FLR(M)...

Untill some one with a recent experience replies to this thread, then am as confused as you are.

I will be applying for ILR in two weeks and my wife for FLR(M) in 3 weeks under the same circumstances as you...

if you want to further check, you can ring the UKBA on 08706067766 and ask as if you are making a fresh query... say you have ILR and your wife have only been here since..... and ask what form should she be using to apply for extension? please share what response you got.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:37 pm

ok FYI...

I have just rung and checked with UKBA....

The lady on the other end of the phone said give me a minute as I need to check as the rules has changed....put me on hold for a few minutes...and came back saying that my wife will need to apply on:

FLR(M)

rsathish

Post by rsathish » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi,

My situation is similar to yours.

My current LTR expires on 06Aug2012 and I qualify for the 5yr period from 27July. We married recently and she is currently in the UK under the Tier 1 dependant. She doesn't yet qualify for ILR under the 5yr requirement.

We both had applied on the same day (Yesterday 02Aug2012) in Croydon PEO (through my Employers' consultants). I had used SET(O) & my wife had applied using the FLR(M) application, as advised by them.

I came to know on the same evening that, although my application was approved, they had referred my wife's case to a Sr. case worker. This was slightly worrying, as any case referred to a Sr. CW takes a long time to decide.

I am still unsure as to exactly what the issue is, still waiting to get clarity on that. And I understand, they had retained all the docs relating to my finances (bank statements, payslips etc) along with my wife's application.

Will let you know what the out come is.

Check this link too:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105162

Corrected: SET(M) to SET(O).
Last edited by rsathish on Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alle

Post by Alle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks Ratish do keep posted of the outcome of your wife's visa,

Back_to_GB, I tried ringing them and I was on hold for more than 15 min, Its very pleasing to hear its FLR(M) but I don't understand why I was advised differently by the case worker.

Guys do keep this thread alive with such updates till we come across an absolute case where someone who is a dependent of a person who obtained ILR recently from Tier1 and the dependent extended their stay as they don't have completed 2 years in the UK as a PBS dependent to obtain.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Alle,

just doing a simple analysis on the FLR(O) form and also the FLR(M) form, am sorry but I think you must have been mislead by the case worker...

Here is what FLR(O) is for: (copy / paste)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK.

SECTION 3 - WHICH CATEGORY?
Academic visitor
Dependants of
exempt HM forces
Domestic worker in a
private household
General visitor
Long residence in the UK
UK ancestry
Visitor for private medical
treatment
Dependant of a person
who has limited leave
to enter or remain in the
UK other than under the
points based system
Other purposes/
reasons not
covered by other
application forms

(nothing here talks about ILR dependant at all......)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

and Here is what FLR(M) is for:

Partner of a
person present
and settled in
the UK

that covers your wife situation I suppose.... Pure & Simple--------------

Sorry you have been mislead I believe....

Alle

Post by Alle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Back_to_GB

I feel like i've been mislead as well, but to answer your query, As I have mentioned in my original post the case worker said my wife will have to fill flr(0) form and tick PBS dependent. I had a look at the form as well and I can't find a section that states PBS dependent. She said in the application for me to include a letter stating my current immigration status and to make request to look at the application under exceptional case to main applicant being PBS.

I can't work out why isn't there a straightforward application to do this if I'm required to submit letter along with the application

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Have you actually checked FLR(O)?!....

there is also no where you can actually "tick PBS dependant" on that form...?!!

Your query and responses are starting to take me by surprise!

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:21 pm

my Advise is to apply by post on FLR(M)

UKBA case workers are pron to human error and unfortunately it seems you have met one!

Alle

Post by Alle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:41 pm

I'm sorry I don't mean to dishearten you or give you any discouragement. I'm trying to find my way out of this Black hole.

I did check the flr(0) and I could not find a place to tick pbs dependent anywhere on that form either.

Do you think if I go to a different PEO with the flr(m) form I should be OK. Will it be considered as a negative point on the application because the case worker said she will put a note on the system.

There were two people the case worker and his supervisor who spoke to me. Both him and her were giving this advise based on speaking to somebody over the phone because they didn't know how to handle this case.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:47 pm

Did they give you a letter ststing that your application is invalid?

Did you pay fees?

Did you get a refund?

Alle

Post by Alle » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:56 pm

No, I asked for something in writing by the case worker's supervisor said she can advise me and she will put notes on the advise given on my file they hold

They didn't take payment from me. The payment is made following the interview with the case worker according to the notice they had and the Solihull PEO

jkshahul
Newly Registered

Post by jkshahul » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi Alle,

similar situation for me as well....In addition to Alle's initial post, the case worker also advise to write a cover letter in which the applicant has to mention that the maintenance funds are not maintained due to mitigating circumstances as the the applicant is not prepared for this kind application...

I have called UKBA and explained about everything what i had come across in PEO Solihull. She said my dependant need to apply through FLR O.

She also said the waiting time will be 3 - 4 months....

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:28 pm

guys can you answer my question.

I have applied ILR in PEO and hold for further inquiry.

I have posted my wife FLR (M) to UKBA to hold until my decision have made.

I submit duplicate bank statement with flr M for my wife. I keep maintenance funds at that time.

I don't know when my decision will be made. please tell me if i get my decision after 2 or 3 months do i need to submit my bank statements again ???

Because i didn't maintain the maintenance funds from the time i submit my wife FLR M application.

please advise.

Alle

Post by Alle » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:11 pm

Hi Every one,

Sorry haven't been active lately

My wife applied with FLR(m) at Croydon PEO last week and she was approved dependent visa under the old rules. visa extended for 24months she can apply for ILR once completing her 24 month stay in total in the UK.

Guys there seems to be loads of confusion around what form to apply for former tier1 dependents under the old rules to qualify for ILR after 2 years. even UKBA helpline advised me with FLR(O) form. To be on the safe side my wife took both the applicaitons and when asked at the initial counter she was asked to submit the FLR(M) form.

Finally case approved and got the BRP early this week

Thank you all for all the support you have shown

chagan

Post by chagan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Alle wrote:Hi Every one,

Sorry haven't been active lately

My wife applied with FLR(m) at Croydon PEO last week and she was approved dependent visa under the old rules. visa extended for 24months she can apply for ILR once completing her 24 month stay in total in the UK.

Guys there seems to be loads of confusion around what form to apply for former tier1 dependents under the old rules to qualify for ILR after 2 years. even UKBA helpline advised me with FLR(O) form. To be on the safe side my wife took both the applicaitons and when asked at the initial counter she was asked to submit the FLR(M) form.

Finally case approved and got the BRP early this week

Thank you all for all the support you have shown
Hi Can you please tell us what document did you submit and also did you maintein any funds in your accout? I have got the same situation

Alle

Post by Alle » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:49 pm

Chagan

docs showed at the PEO

Application FLR(M)
wife's passport
My passport and the BRP that has the ILR (Sponsor)
council tax bill in both our names
utility bill in both our names
my Bank statement & Payslips showing I can provide support for my dependent. Case work asked for the last three months
I didn't have much of a saving and didn't maintain any funds (it is not a requirement)
English Language test (IELTS) certificate of wife
Passport size photo of the applicant and sponsor(Me)
Thats all the docs we showed. I'm not sure of this which are compulsory. I worked on the basis of others who have applied for dependent visa in this forum

Hope this answers your query Chagan

chagan

Post by chagan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm

Alle wrote:Chagan

docs showed at the PEO

Application FLR(M)
wife's passport
My passport and the BRP that has the ILR (Sponsor)
council tax bill in both our names
utility bill in both our names
my Bank statement & Payslips showing I can provide support for my dependent. Case work asked for the last three months
I didn't have much of a saving and didn't maintain any funds (it is not a requirement)
English Language test (IELTS) certificate of wife
Passport size photo of the applicant and sponsor(Me)
Thats all the docs we showed. I'm not sure of this which are compulsory. I worked on the basis of others who have applied for dependent visa in this forum

Hope this answers your query Chagan

Thanks for the quick reply.