ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help on Tier 2 application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

deone23
Newly Registered

Urgent help on Tier 2 application

Post by deone23 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:29 pm

Please I am in dire need of help regarding my tier 2 (general) application. I have a job offer since April and because my employer was not a tier 2 sponsor; they needed to apply for a license although they had been a highly trusted sponsor under tier 4. when the application was made, the Sponsor licensing unit (SLU) rejected their application because of a signature issue (between the key worker and level 1 worker). However they have now re-applied since early July.

The challenge I have is my tier 4 visa runs out on the 16th August and up till now the SLU have not yet responded to my employer's application coupled with the fact that they indicated the urgency of the application and even attached my tier 4 visa as evidence for the need to expedite action. They 've always said they are extremely busy.

I have called the 08706067766 number for further guidance but I am getting conflicting advice: as an adviser said I can apply but I will need a covering letter stating the situation of things. The other advise was that I should just leave the UK but that will complicate matters as I cannot use the certificate that will be issued as the unrestricted CoS can only be used for in-country application.
The Sponsorship helpline had indicated that they are extremely busy and I should state an extreme situation to the immigration enquiry bureau but they seem to be in another world entirely.

I am really hoping against hope....this is my challenge...I need help

sussexguy

Re: Urgent help on Tier 2 application

Post by sussexguy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:53 am

deone23 wrote:Please I am in dire need of help regarding my tier 2 (general) application. I have a job offer since April and because my employer was not a tier 2 sponsor; they needed to apply for a license although they had been a highly trusted sponsor under tier 4. when the application was made, the Sponsor licensing unit (SLU) rejected their application because of a signature issue (between the key worker and level 1 worker). However they have now re-applied since early July.

The challenge I have is my tier 4 visa runs out on the 16th August and up till now the SLU have not yet responded to my employer's application coupled with the fact that they indicated the urgency of the application and even attached my tier 4 visa as evidence for the need to expedite action. They 've always said they are extremely busy.

I have called the 08706067766 number for further guidance but I am getting conflicting advice: as an adviser said I can apply but I will need a covering letter stating the situation of things. The other advise was that I should just leave the UK but that will complicate matters as I cannot use the certificate that will be issued as the unrestricted CoS can only be used for in-country application.
The Sponsorship helpline had indicated that they are extremely busy and I should state an extreme situation to the immigration enquiry bureau but they seem to be in another world entirely.

I am really hoping against hope....this is my challenge...I need help
I can totally sympathies with you since my situation is somewhat similar. I think my employers also applied for sponsor licence sometime in April and still they haven't got it. Reasons are quite unclear and lot of people are blaming the Olympics which has allegedly pulled out UKBA workers.
What number did you use to make the phone call? And, did they actually say that you can make an application without a CoS?

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Urgent help on Tier 2 application

Post by manci » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:20 am

deone23 wrote:The challenge I have is my tier 4 visa runs out on the 16th August and up till now the SLU have not yet responded to my employer's application coupled with the fact that they indicated the urgency of the application and even attached my tier 4 visa as evidence for the need to expedite action. They 've always said they are extremely busy.
Your employer should send a request by email for urgent treatment of their application to the following 2 email addresses explaining the reason (that they want to assign a CoS to you and your leave runs out in a weeks time):
sponsorlicensing.support@ukba.gsi.gov.uk
scoc@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

breakingwaves
Newly Registered

Post by breakingwaves » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:47 am

We requested urgent treatment, but was frankly told that they're unable to do so as we never paid for priority service.

Therefore it took 4–5 months for a new company license, we had to leave the country, and now a further 2 months waiting for the visa to be approved.

It's a long and arduous process...

deone23
Newly Registered

Post by deone23 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:46 pm

Thanks for the posts so far...do appreciate. My employer have e-mailed the SLU regarding the urgency of the matter and I am anticipating a speedy response in a matter of days.
I guess if there is a priority service for certificates, it is now too late for my employer.

In the unlikely event that by the expiration of my visa the certificate is not out; what can I do? Like I said earlier, I was told to apply with a covering letter or leave the country. Not sure if using an immigration lawyer makes any difference at this point. Someone even advised me if I can notarise my application or involve my local MP since I am on the electoral register.

I am a science teacher and have got my classes to look forward to in September...returning home will not be good. I have never been an over-stayer and do not want to be one but what is this 28 day grace period of over-staying?...surely I am not considering that prospect at all.

I had numerous offers being a shortage occupation and I did not envisage it will get to this point. Guess things will work out somehow