ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surrender of indian passport of my child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Raj422

Surrender of indian passport of my child

Post by Raj422 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:18 am

Hi,

Today I got certification of registration for my 6 years old son. Thanks everyone on this forum.

Now I have to apply for his British passport and have to send his two old ( Indian ) passports with the application.

Do I need to surrender his Indian passports ( to Indian High Commission ) after I receive them back with his British passport?

Please advise.

Regards & Thanks

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: Surrender of indian passport of my child

Post by noble72uk » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:12 pm

Raj422 wrote:Hi,

Today I got certification of registration for my 6 years old son. Thanks everyone on this forum.

Now I have to apply for his British passport and have to send his two old ( Indian ) passports with the application.

Do I need to surrender his Indian passports ( to Indian High Commission ) after I receive them back with his British passport?

Please advise.

Regards & Thanks
HI Raj Im Not Indian but there's some guys who exchanged some advices regarding Indian citizenship

Read here these nice folks can help as well if you PM them:

valluvan

sun_ilr

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... start=2280

push

Re: Surrender of indian passport of my child

Post by push » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:30 pm

Raj422 wrote:Hi,

Please advise.

Regards & Thanks
The Indian Passport needs to be surrendered to the IHC through VFS as India does not allow dual citizenship.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Raj422

Post by Raj422 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Thank you very much push and noble72.

I have gone through the relevant link and http://hcilondon.in/renunciation.php
things are very clear now..

Only one thing, Do I need to send both Indian passports of my son ( one expired and one current ) along with the application of British Passport?

Do they send these ( Indian ) passports back along with the British passports?

Thanks again.