ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension Processing Times DURING OLYMPICS

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

missgolightly

Tier 1 Extension Processing Times DURING OLYMPICS

Post by missgolightly » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Hello All

I filed my Tier 1 extension application to the home office it was received on July 23rd. From reviewing the other forums it seemed like people with late June/early July applications received their acknowledgement letters within about a week.

It has been 11 days, and not only have I still not received my acknowledgement letter, my employer submitted a UK Employment Check and they failed to find a file for me in progress.

I realize that it can take from 2-4 weeks, and I can only imagine that they may have delays due to summer holidays (?) however just wondering if anyone out there has submitted around July 20-24 so I can compare.

I have a new job starting in 4 weeks time and it is imperative that my NEW employer can get a positive check back from the UKBA, otherwise my job might be at stake!!

I also know you are supposed to have a reference number (which comes from your acknowledgement letter) before sumbitting the checking service but this wasn't possible due to timing.

Luckily my current employer isn't worried and my lawyers say it's just that the application is yet to be logged, but 11 days feels long for this?!

I paid with a bankers draft so no way of tracking if payment logged, and I have had a month of very bad luck with UKBA so trying not to think the worst.

Any feedback is helpful. Thanks!!

theimmigrant

Post by theimmigrant » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:10 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... tingtimes/

says this "We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 19 June."

sals82
Newly Registered

Timing

Post by sals82 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:14 pm

I think ukba is having a backlog of applications at the moment. They say on the website that 75% pplications are processed in 4 weeks time (from date of biometrics enrolment), however, at the moment that timing seems to be more than 6 weeks (at least) because they're processing applications where biometrics were done on or before 19june - and today is 8 aug, which means 7 weeks.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 pm

Last week it was 18 June from UKBA

This week 19 June

missgolightly

!!

Post by missgolightly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:46 am

thanks everyone, the processing times are all quoted from the biometrics when I was just trying to get the initial acknowledgement letter with a reference number for my employer. There is no guidance on the website for acknowledgement letters, etc.

I finally got mine on Monday, which took much longer than the average on the forum on processing times. I am relieved as the ref number is some progress.

It does however seem that there are delays to post at the moment, but then again someone on the forum submitted a file last week and got the letter within a few days....

I am very unlucky!!!

Just if any of you are waiting, it might take a couple of weeks. don't worry!!

longshift

Re: Tier 1 Extension Processing Times DURING OLYMPICS

Post by longshift » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:52 am

missgolightly wrote:Hello All

I paid with a bankers draft so no way of tracking if payment logged, and I have had a month of very bad luck with UKBA so trying not to think the worst.
This could have delayed the process a little. Banker draft are guaranteed payment but they are still processed like cheques. Which can clear from anywhere between 3-5 working days.

Anyway, good luck with your application. Hopefully rest of the letter should arrive soon.

missgolightly

Re: Tier 1 Extension Processing Times DURING OLYMPICS

Post by missgolightly » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:20 am

longshift wrote:
missgolightly wrote:Hello All

This could have delayed the process a little. Banker draft are guaranteed payment but they are still processed like cheques. Which can clear from anywhere between 3-5 working days.

Anyway, good luck with your application. Hopefully rest of the letter should arrive soon.
Wow, okay thanks that is very useful information although it is surprising as I thought a Banker's draft would be the fastest. In fact I didn't want to pay with a banker's draft but my lawyer said it's best as sometimes with cards they can claim a digit is missing or the card doesn't get authrorized, etc and I absolutely can take no chances. Would have been helpful to point out that although more error proof, it takes longer!!!

thanks for the feedback, the more people know and the less guesswork around this process the better for everyone!!

vistha82
Newly Registered

Processing time 8 weeks after biometric appointment

Post by vistha82 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:43 am

It seems to me that current processing time after you attended biometrics is 8 Weeks on 8th August - We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 19 June

Today is 10th August - We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 20th June

We have attended a biometric appointment on 28th June so expecting by 24th Aug...Processing time 8 weeks after Biometric appointment.IS IT NOT TOO LONG?

missgolightly

Post by missgolightly » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 pm

According the website (which I don't trust) I think they aim to process 75% Tier 1 applications within 4 weeks of Biometrics, but I can't believe that is actually the case.

They usually quote something like up to 20 weeks as being possible so I'm not sure how to determine what "too long" is.

My friend had hers in about 6 weeks back in March but I seriously think things are much much slower now.

I heard a rumour that they were going to be speeding up postal applications but can't see to see any real reason that this would be true.

I also think the post is slower than normal right now, my letter was dated July 31 but I only received it on the August 6th which is just stupid.

If you are on Tier 1 you should keep checking the forum on processing timelines, it is very helpful (in case you aren't already).

Good luck!!

muhandis.ak

Re: Processing time 8 weeks after biometric appointment

Post by muhandis.ak » Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:52 pm

I wouldn't give too much credence to the date mentioned on the website. An applicant on Trackitt who had his/her biometrics the same day as you (28th June) got their approval letter yesterday (9th Aug).

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... nsion/1959
vistha82 wrote:It seems to me that current processing time after you attended biometrics is 8 Weeks on 8th August - We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 19 June

Today is 10th August - We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 20th June

We have attended a biometric appointment on 28th June so expecting by 24th Aug...Processing time 8 weeks after Biometric appointment.IS IT NOT TOO LONG?