ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

NOG
Member of Standing

Re: ILR Application

Post by NOG » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:00 pm

Snoop wrote:Just wondering does HO review previous applications/documents sent for 9 years if someone applying for ILR under 10 years rule???
I am not sure whether I fully understand your question but if you mean to ask whether UKBA has a record of your previous applications/extensions then, Yes, they do. Whether they review the documents again is speculation, they may or may not "review" the old paperwork. You can request your SAR file from UKBA to check on the information they hold for you.

NOG
Member of Standing

Re: ILR 10 long residence waiting times

Post by NOG » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:04 pm

askyara wrote:
NOG wrote:
jitu_2677 wrote:Congratulation . i thing i am confused what you mean by the following.
ILR issue date 30/07/2012 and valid for 10 years.
If one does not naturalise by then you must get the card renewed like a passport. Does not mean you pay the ILR fee again.
congratulation buddy on your ILR.I am also confuse. Is that mean ILR is not given for lifetime? but only 10 years?
and may i also know, do they issue the 10 years on yr passport and card, or on separate document?
thanks
The biometric card is valid for 10 years. It does not mean you have to "apply" for ILR again. ILR's are not issued as a vignette on the passport anymore.

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:41 pm

The waiting time is increasing ,,,it used to be 2 t0 3 months now is 5-6 months wait oh so sad :( :cry:

Snoop
Newly Registered

Thank you NOG.

Post by Snoop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:07 pm

Hi NOG,

Thank you very much for your response. You answered what I was asking for. I would appreciate if you could elaborate a bit how to request for SAR file.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards.

Snoop
Newly Registered

Re: ILR Application

Post by Snoop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:09 pm

NOG wrote:
Snoop wrote:Just wondering does HO review previous applications/documents sent for 9 years if someone applying for ILR under 10 years rule???
I am not sure whether I fully understand your question but if you mean to ask whether UKBA has a record of your previous applications/extensions then, Yes, they do. Whether they review the documents again is speculation, they may or may not "review" the old paperwork. You can request your SAR file from UKBA to check on the information they hold for you.

Hi NOG,

Thank you very much for your response. You answered what I was asking for. I would appreciate if you could elaborate a bit how to request for SAR file.

Thank you very much for your time.

Regards.

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:34 pm

@Snoop
Please see the following:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navig ... onal-data/
Hope this helps.

Snoop
Newly Registered

Cheers.

Post by Snoop » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:13 pm

NOG wrote:@Snoop
Hope this helps.
Thank you very much for your quick response. I am sure certainly it gonna help me a lot.

Cheers.

kimnjuka

Post by kimnjuka » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Hope this helps.
Do u mind explianaing which documents to tick when requesting for SAR the ones on the left side lists.. coz we dont know what eleoctronics records hold

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:14 pm

kimnjuka wrote:
Hope this helps.
Do u mind explianaing which documents to tick when requesting for SAR the ones on the left side lists.. coz we dont know what eleoctronics records hold
I would simply ask for ALL information including landing cards, caseworker notes they hold for an individual.

Snoop
Newly Registered

Post by Snoop » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:46 am

NOG wrote:
kimnjuka wrote:
Hope this helps.
I would simply ask for ALL information including landing cards, caseworker notes they hold for an individual.
Hi NOG,

Usually I am interested in my applications timing but think would be good to tick ALL.

Regards.

koko68
Newly Registered

Post by koko68 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:24 am

ys. the has further slow down because of the biometric where as in other catagories such as psw almost all are receiving their document who did their biometric in may. what a sham.

arp
Newly Registered

Long residency - ILR dependant

Post by arp » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:57 am

Hop someone will be help me with following queries.

Currently I’m under the Tier 1 General visa as a dependant and My wife is the main Tier 1 General applicant. T1 will valid till October 2013.

I came to UK in September 2002 and There for I can apply for ILR under Long residence visa by end of August.

My questions are,
Can my wife and our two months old baby who was born here apply as dependant of me when I apply for ILR ?
Or
Can they switch as my dependant without leaving UK ?

Many Thanks,
ARP

lambu1
Newly Registered

Paying by cheque

Post by lambu1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:51 pm

Thinking of paying by cheque , what does it mean when it asks you to "Cross the cheque" and also since the form is several pages, can I use a clip/staple to keep it together or does UKBA take objection to it?

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Jon336 wrote:Hi guys, its now three weeks since UKBA sent me that dreaded decision together with my passport. Since then I have contacted my MP and a solicitor.
My MP's Caseworker emailed UKBA and they decided to review my application; that was two weeks ago.

Today I got a letter from UKBA Liverpool informing me that my application was reconsidered and I am to be granted ILR. I need to send my Passport to complete the application. An envelope was enclosed addressed to Liverpool, ironically to the same guy that had earlier refused my application.

Anyway I am rather relieved and thank God. This has been a very stressful time for me and my family.

I panicked and paid a Solicitor £360.00 when my MP would have been enough.
I will go to my Solicitor on Monday and ask for a refund since it was just an email from my MP that solved this issue.

I thank everyone here for all the support and guidance.
OMG! I knew it had to be a mistake, I am truly happy for you, I hope they will compensate you, God is good, enjoy.... enjoy..... enjoy!!!!!!
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: Paying by cheque

Post by Loveislovely » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:12 pm

lambu1 wrote:Thinking of paying by cheque , what does it mean when it asks you to "Cross the cheque" and also since the form is several pages, can I use a clip/staple to keep it together or does UKBA take objection to it?
Please be careful, as the banks can be a nightmare sometimes, I would advice you to pay extra and use postal order, I think it is the safest way to pay, good luck.

glenrock12
Newly Registered

Post by glenrock12 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:38 pm

hi ,i applied for ILR in march 7 (long residence) still waiting & my wife applied for FLR(M) in june 29 but unfortunately my wife didn't received any acknowledgement letter ,but money has been deducted in 9 july. she needs to show the acknowledged letter at her work .In such situation what should we do .call home office ? or any suggestions ... will be kind
Last edited by glenrock12 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

camelot
Newly Registered

Re: ILR 10 long residence waiting times

Post by camelot » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:05 pm

NOG wrote:
askyara wrote:
NOG wrote:
jitu_2677 wrote:Congratulation . i thing i am confused what you mean by the following.
ILR issue date 30/07/2012 and valid for 10 years.
If one does not naturalise by then you must get the card renewed like a passport. Does not mean you pay the ILR fee again.
congratulation buddy on your ILR.I am also confuse. Is that mean ILR is not given for lifetime? but only 10 years?
and may i also know, do they issue the 10 years on yr passport and card, or on separate document?
thanks
The biometric card is valid for 10 years. It does not mean you have to "apply" for ILR again. ILR's are not issued as a vignette on the passport anymore.
Thanks for clarification. Whatever duration for ILR i must apply for passport at the end of 365 - 28 = 337 days. What do you thing guysss!!!

ZGILR
Newly Registered

Receive my ILR

Post by ZGILR » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:49 pm

Hi all

I have received my ILR since last week. Here is my timeline
Application sent: 16th Feb 2012
Stamped in Liverpool: 16th July 2012

Wish everyone can receive their ILR very soon!

kimnjuka

Re: Receive my ILR

Post by kimnjuka » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 am

ZGILR wrote:Hi all

Congrats dear, when did u receive ur passport exactly, just want to know the days between ur stamping and receiving the passport, God luck

ZGILR
Newly Registered

Post by ZGILR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:04 am

@Kimnjuka
Hi dear, I received it on last Friday.
Enjoy the day!
[quote="kimnjuka"][quote="ZGILR"]Hi all

Wish everyone can receive their ILR very soon![/quote]

Congrats dear, when did u receive ur passport exactly, just want to know the days between ur stamping and receiving the passport, God luck[/quote]

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 am

Congrats ZGILR.

Updated waiting time sheet below, unfortunately, there does not appear to be much progress since the last 2-3 weeks.

http://sdrv.ms/LpFy1N

mbnarayn

Post by mbnarayn » Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:56 am

ZGILR wrote:@Kimnjuka
Hi dear, I received it on last Friday.
Enjoy the day!
kimnjuka wrote:

Congrats dear, when did u receive ur passport exactly, just want to know the days between ur stamping and receiving the passport, God luck
Hi,

Congrats on your ILR. The spreadsheet says you we absent for over 540 days. How did you resolve this? Did you send an explanation or was it simply overlooked?

Many thanks

shahshah

MRP L

Post by shahshah » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:56 am

Hi i just got my letter for bio matric .
my time line is
applied : 06th june 2012
Bio letter received : 15th august 2012,
so for waiting time , 10 weeks[/list]

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Post by Loveislovely » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Congrats mate

smshad

Re: Long residency - ILR dependant

Post by smshad » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi,

You can apply 28 days before the completion of 10 years.

1. Your wife and baby can not apply with you, See form set(O) and its guidance notes.

2. Also see below guidance which is for the caseworker but provide good information for applicants as well.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

3. Once you get our ILR then you can register your baby as British citizen because he/she was born in the UK - Apply under MN1 category. No need to leave the UK and no need to apply for visa for the baby. Once register then you can apply for the passport.
see link. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/

4. Your wife does not have to leave the UK and once you get your ILR she can apply using FLR(M). see link:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ing-in-uk/

Hope this will help you.

Take care

[quote="arp"]Hop someone will be help me with following queries.

Currently I’m under the Tier 1 General visa as a dependant and My wife is the main Tier 1 General applicant. T1 will valid till October 2013.

I came to UK in September 2002 and There for I can apply for ILR under Long residence visa by end of August.

My questions are,
Can my wife and our two months old baby who was born here apply as dependant of me when I apply for ILR ?
Or
Can they switch as my dependant without leaving UK ?

Many Thanks,
ARP[/quote]