ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick question

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Quick question

Post by Abdulw87 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi,

i just want to ask a quick question, does the UKBA accept bank statement for fixed deposit savings account (money fixed for certain amount of time with higher interest earnings). I read one of the documents and it was written "Note that property, shares, bonds pension funds, life insurance and similar savings accounts are not acceptable. This applies to your own and your parents accounts"

thanks in advance

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:30 pm

In which document did you read this?

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:35 pm

MONEY THAT CAN BE USED

153. A Tier 4 (General) student can use money held in an account owned by them or by his/her parents. If the Tier 4 (General) student is using funds held by his/her parent he/she will need to show us evidence that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian and that the Tier 4 (General) student has his/her parent(s)/legal guardian’s permission to use this money.

154. The evidence of money held must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), as a loan letter or official financial or government sponsorship available to the applicant. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, overdrafts, credit cards and pension funds are not acceptable, regardless of notice period.

155. The money a Tier 4 (General) student shows us must be for his/her use for studying and living in the UK. The full amount of this money – which should be held in the manner specified in this guidance - must continue to be available to the Tier 4 (General) student after his/her application is made, except for any money the student has had to pay for course fees and living costs.

This is what the UKBA officially published Tier-4 guidance says!

Abdulw87
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulw87 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:24 am

Deviser wrote:In which document did you read this?
its a downloadable PDF TIER 4 Guide to Supporting Documents
Deviser wrote:MONEY THAT CAN BE USED

153. A Tier 4 (General) student can use money held in an account owned by them or by his/her parents. If the Tier 4 (General) student is using funds held by his/her parent he/she will need to show us evidence that he/she is related to his/her parent(s)/legal guardian and that the Tier 4 (General) student has his/her parent(s)/legal guardian’s permission to use this money.

154. The evidence of money held must be of cash funds in the bank (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given), as a loan letter or official financial or government sponsorship available to the applicant. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, overdrafts, credit cards and pension funds are not acceptable, regardless of notice period.

155. The money a Tier 4 (General) student shows us must be for his/her use for studying and living in the UK. The full amount of this money – which should be held in the manner specified in this guidance - must continue to be available to the Tier 4 (General) student after his/her application is made, except for any money the student has had to pay for course fees and living costs.

This is what the UKBA officially published Tier-4 guidance says!
So the bold part says "even when notice must be given" which means i can use the fixed savings account???

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:30 am

Abdulw87 wrote:So the bold part says "even when notice must be given" which means i can use the fixed savings account???
As far as I know, notice usually given to withdraw money from fixed deposits accounts or fixed saving accounts. Current accounts and usual saving accounts dont need a notice to withdraw funds.

sathyasp005
Newly Registered

Post by sathyasp005 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Fixed deposit cannot be used. Only immediate access to money like saving account should have required balance for 3 months to show it as maintainence funds.

ahmerrulz
Newly Registered

help

Post by ahmerrulz » Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Hi all. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate. I submitted my application on 10 July CAS from London metropolitan university from Karachi vac. In the form where they ask do you have a NI number I wrote no Instead of writing yes. Cus I had a NI no. So will this effect my application? Do they check NI numbers? Please if anyone can help. Thank you

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:50 am

Fixed deposit or rather term deposit is acceptable if applying from UK, however through personal experience and different banking rules in my country (India) always leads to Fixed deposit not acceptable even though the guidance clearly states that even where notice is required...which indicates term deposit but doesn't go onto elaborate different fixed deposit types.

In UK banks, even if you have fixed deposits in majority of the cases you can access your money (with penalty interest), however in certain countries like my own banks make it virtually impossible to have access to your money before the term expires which the ECO's are well aware.

Bottom line is if making an out of country application do not rely on fixed deposits, however if applying within UK it should be ok.

Deviser

Re: help

Post by Deviser » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:16 pm

ahmerrulz wrote:Hi all. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate. I submitted my application on 10 July CAS from London metropolitan university from Karachi vac. In the form where they ask do you have a NI number I wrote no Instead of writing yes. Cus I had a NI no. So will this effect my application? Do they check NI numbers? Please if anyone can help. Thank you
Yes, they do check NI numbers. And if they check, they will refuse your application with 10 years deception ban.

Plus another problem is that LMU license is suspended by UKBA at the moment which especially effect overseas students and may cause delays on decisions.

ahmerrulz
Newly Registered

Re: help

Post by ahmerrulz » Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:28 pm

Deviser wrote:
ahmerrulz wrote:Hi all. If anyone can help me I would really appreciate. I submitted my application on 10 July CAS from London metropolitan university from Karachi vac. In the form where they ask do you have a NI number I wrote no Instead of writing yes. Cus I had a NI no. So will this effect my application? Do they check NI numbers? Please if anyone can help. Thank you
Yes, they do check NI numbers. And if they check, they will refuse your application with 10 years deception ban.

Plus another problem is that LMU license is suspended by UKBA at the moment which especially effect overseas students and may cause delays on decisions.
Thanks for your reply. Yeah I know london mets licence is suspended. What happened was i didnt know we have to submit an online form so i took the hand written form to the vac but they asked me to bring an online form. So I rushed to the nearest cafe and filled it. And in this rush i clicked no in the NI no question.. Are you sure they def check NI numbers? I submitted my application on 10th july. If they would have checked my NI number they would have sent my application back isnt it? BUt now they have hold my application until the licence uplifted....
Is there anyone refused because of the same NI issue?