ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fixed Deposit certificates

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hazemheb.
Newly Registered

Fixed Deposit certificates

Post by hazemheb. » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:54 pm

My parent has a fixed deposit account with cash funds that can be accessed at any time. I have read almost all the threads related to this issue. Can I actually use a fixed deposit certificate showing funds if I can provide a letter from the bank stating that the money is available as cash and can be accessed at any time? Really stuck on whether or not they could be used as reliable proof of maintenance and the guidance is not very clear on this. I know current and savings accounts are allowed with the exception of bonds or pension funds etc. Does a fixed deposit certificate qualify or is it risky using one?

Deepshithole2010

Post by Deepshithole2010 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:07 pm

As long as you can get a letter from your bank (on their letterhead) confirming the availability of the money to your parents and eventually you and signed by an appropriate person eg. branch manager, you should be ok