ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

self employed documents

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

coolgus029
Newly Registered

self employed documents

Post by coolgus029 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 am

hi
am going to apply for tier i visa in oct.
i know couple of friends whose visa got refused on the basis of insufficient supporting documents for self - employment. H O said one document missing from section 142 .

under section 142 i have to provide 2 documents. i have UTR as one of the documents, but which one i can provide as second document.

as i am sole trader, i use my personal bank account for payments. i dont have a corporate/business account.
i assume i dont need PAYE, coz i m not an employer.
i dont need VAT certificate as my earnings are less than 64k.
and as i work from home i dont have any business premises.

the only other document is employee liability insurance certificate. like i said earlier as i m sole trader, i dont have any employees working for me, do i need to have employee liability insurance certificate ?
if not what else i can show as second supporting document from section 142?

thanks.

dainteej
Newly Registered

Post by dainteej » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:29 am

your tax return could be your other document

coolgus029
Newly Registered

Post by coolgus029 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:09 am

dainteej wrote:your tax return could be your other document
thanx
but i have register after apr 2010 so i cant submit it

askhan

Post by askhan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:38 pm

mate unfortunately self employment is not that easy.

you have to open business account as it is free.
then register your self a SE.
once register you will receive a letter to pay NI contribution
apply for insurance no matter you have employ or not. from simply business.co. UK.

coolgus029
Newly Registered

Post by coolgus029 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:00 pm

askhan wrote:mate unfortunately self employment is not that easy.

you have to open business account as it is free.
then register your self a SE.
once register you will receive a letter to pay NI contribution
apply for insurance no matter you have employ or not. from simply business.co. UK.
hi thanx for the reply
i will get my insurance , and i already register with hmrc and am paying ni contributions.
except business account am having everything.....
does it make any defirence....

thanking you

rizash76
Mood:
Pakistan

utr tax

Post by rizash76 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi Guys,
I just registered my self as Self employe (sole trader) I registered after apr 2010. i got business account on my name I got insurance as well. but no utr plz guide me that i haven't got job last 6 or 7 months even last two year i did work for 12 months so how i can show the pionts for earnings?
Rizash

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:56 pm

coolgus029
,any update?
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

tier1extension222
Newly Registered

Tier1 General extension. Please help me quickly :(

Post by tier1extension222 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:47 pm

I had PEO appointment on 13 Aug 2010.
In my 12 months of earning I am show 4 month I was contracting through Limited company.
And I have transferred 3500/- each month to my personal account.
And the payslip which my accountant have created have PAYE detection of 1.40 every month but NI is 0.

Now in the interview they have put my application in hold asking to submit a document with 14days.
And PEO mentioned if you submit the decision will be positive.

This is how it is mentioned in the letter provided.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Documents required:
"National Insurance contributions documents to HMRC for your company xxxxxName Limited"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you fail to provide the required documents, the application will be considered on the basis of the documents that you have already provided. This may result in your application being refused in accordance with paragraph 322(9) of the Immigration Rules.

Questions:
1) DO I need to get confirmation from the HMRC as NI Paid (IN that case my payslip dont have NI is 0 and I have not paid. Then how can I show that)
2) If not what else is he asking
3) Do I need to take lawyers help?
4) Did anyone face this issue before?

IT WILL BE GREAT HELP....PLEASE HELP ME...

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:00 am

From what you have mentioned, I am assuming that you are working as self employed and If you are sole trader, then you would have paid national insurance class 2 payment. You could show the NI class 2 contribution statement.

Along with above mentioned document you can also include bank statement , UTR letter from HMRC,all your invoices with contact details of your clients, P&L and balance sheet along with letter from UKBA recognized accountant.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:29 am

Can any one advice what are the document we need to produce when we submit tier 1 G Extension application For Employee + Self Employee (Sole trader).

My case I showing 35000 as my total earning (33000 Permanent 2000 from Self Employment)

1. Big confusion as a sole trader do we need a insurance ?.

2. When we work as sole trader then Invoice we make -does it need to have VAT or any other tax . Can any one share an Invoice (used as sole trader).

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:42 am

Arun Lal, You dont have to have insurance as per the guidelines from UKBA however if you choose to have one, there is no harm in that.

Invoice would not include VAT or any other tax as you are not registered as LTD company.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

ARUNLAL
Mood:
India

Post by ARUNLAL » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:24 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I just summarised the document list for Self Employment (Sole trader) by going through the post in this fourm.
This might be helpfull for the people who apply as Empolyee + self employment (Sole trader).

self employment (sole trader).

1. UTR Letter from HMRC - Show your Reg with HMRC as self Employee.
2. Invoice Copies and Client contact details.
3. P&L and Balance sheet.
4. Letter from UKBA recognized account.
5. NI Class 2 payment details and Letter from HMRC.
6. Bank statment showing the Self employment Income.

UKBA will consider net Income from Self Employment for the Earning point calculation.

Kindly add if I missed any other point

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Arunlal, You are spot on mate, Good luck
Regards,
A Mutant Member