ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mother visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fatima36
Newly Registered

Mother visa

Post by fatima36 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi
my mother is living with me since last month she is 66
now she is going back end of next month 28/ sep 2012. through connected airline
my questions is that is she wants to come to uk again so she needs to submit all documents again
at the moment she has 6 month family visit visa
and she is 66 year old
her daughter is living in pakistan and she is missing her kids lot we have one kid here
she own one home in pakistan
so did she needs to submit all documents again and again for next 6 month visa
thank you

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Mother visa

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:13 pm

fatima36 wrote:Hi
my mother is living with me since last month she is 66
now she is going back end of next month 28/ sep 2012. through connected airline
my questions is that is she wants to come to uk again so she needs to submit all documents again
at the moment she has 6 month family visit visa
and she is 66 year old
her daughter is living in pakistan and she is missing her kids lot we have one kid here
she own one home in pakistan
so did she needs to submit all documents again and again for next 6 month visa
thank you
You state that she has a 6 month family visit visa. If this is a multiple entry visa, then it will be valid for travel into the UK any number of times, until the expiry date mentioned.

I notice that you say she has been living with you since last month. Note that a visit visa cannot be used for residence, the purpose of the visa is for visiting family, nothing more. Please ensure that she understand this when traveling using this visa, otherwise she may be refused entry & her visa revoked/curtailed when attempting to enter the UK.

fatima36
Newly Registered

Post by fatima36 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:34 pm

she is going back end of next month and if she wants to come back uk on family visit again after expiring visa
did she needs to submit all documents again ????

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:27 pm

She needs to re-apply with all the documents.

Alternatively if one can prove that she does not have strong ties which does not appear to be the case she can come here as a dependent.

All the best

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:56 pm

alimohmand wrote: Alternatively if one can prove that she does not have strong ties which does not appear to be the case she can come here as a dependent.

All the best
This is incorrect.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:05 pm

fatima36 wrote:she is going back end of next month and if she wants to come back uk on family visit again after expiring visa
did she needs to submit all documents again ????
Yes, she will need to submit a new application for a visit visa. You have not mentioned your current immigration status in the UK, but if you are not a settled person in the UK, she will need to apply for a general visitor visa rather than a family visit visa due to the change in immigration rules earlier this year.

A seperate point to bear in mind is that, if your mother has already spent a significant time in the UK on her previous visit visa (i.e. around 6 months in the recent past), it is unlikely that any subsequent visit visa application she makes soon after returning now will be approved. But as you have not specifically mentioned how much time she has spent in the UK on her current visa I will leave it you to determine when she should apply again.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:26 pm

alimohmand wrote:Alternatively if one can prove that she does not have strong ties which does not appear to be the case she can come here as a dependent.

All the best
What you say here is incorrect.

Note also that if indeed the OP's mother did not have strong ties to her home country, then she would find it extremely difficult to get a visit visa, as that is a key requirement that an ECO would look for when making a decision on a visit visa application.

fatima36
Newly Registered

Post by fatima36 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 pm

i am totally confused now
my mother dont want to live here(UK)
she own one home and my other sister also living in pakistan with all family as well
i understand she needs to submit again application its ok but did she need to submit again following documents
my passport copy
my husband passport copy
my kids passport copy
her bank statement
her home owner documents
invitation latter from my side
bla bla bla
regards

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:53 pm

fatima36 wrote:i am totally confused now
my mother dont want to live here(UK)
she own one home and my other sister also living in pakistan with all family as well
i understand she needs to submit again application its ok but did she need to submit again following documents
my passport copy
my husband passport copy
my kids passport copy
her bank statement
her home owner documents
invitation latter from my side
bla bla bla
regards
Please go through the following UKBA reference to identify the specific documents you should provide if you are sponsoring your mothers visit visa application.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sitors.pdf