ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Emrah

Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit

Post by Emrah » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:44 am

Hello there

I was an old user here but had problems with login thats why I have registered with a new username. I had a lot of help from Casa and other members here before. thats why I came back here. I have got a question. I hope someone can help me.

I have recieved letters today from HM Revenue about child tax credit and working tax credit. Those are have to be on joint names i know that. so far I did not get any penny from the government anyway I cant cos Im not allowed any puclic funds cos Im on Spouse visa for 2 years.

The thing is worrying me it says

Amounts still to be paid to you for the period shown above

Working Tax credit to Emrah (ME) £10.82 (real amount)
Child Tax Credit to Angela (My wife) £1111.11 (made up)

I dont get any money from the hm revenue all money goes to my wife account. but it says working tax credit to Emrah. is it a problem or is it normal?

Im the main earner in the family. I work 40 hours a week. my wife works 15 hours a week. she get child tax and child tax credit.

Is working tax credit public fund?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:20 pm

Emrah...I can see that you've sent me a PM. The reason I haven't responded to this before is due to the fact that I'm not 100% confident I have the answer. Hopefully, my post will bring your question back into focus on the forum and you'll get the advice you need. Otherwise, why not contact the WTC help line.
Hope all is well with you and your family.

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

tax credit

Post by toni34 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:18 pm

tax credit is for both couples,they calculate all together.one of you cannot apply together.
NON EU national with RC

Emrah

Re: tax credit

Post by Emrah » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:39 pm

toni34 wrote:tax credit is for both couples,they calculate all together.one of you cannot apply together.
That means what? Is that mean ok? I didn't get the last bit.

Emrah

Post by Emrah » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Casa wrote:Emrah...I can see that you've sent me a PM. The reason I haven't responded to this before is due to the fact that I'm not 100% confident I have the answer. Hopefully, my post will bring your question back into focus on the forum and you'll get the advice you need. Otherwise, why not contact the WTC help line.
Hope all is well with you and your family.
My wife was trying to reach them for half an hour nobody answers she was pissed off and turn it off. It also charges you not free line cost her £10 in half an hour

toni34
- thin ice -
Mood:
Nigeria

tax credit

Post by toni34 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:35 pm

yes it is ok.for the purpose of immigration it will be deem that but of you are entitled to it,if one of you is the qualifying person.
NON EU national with RC

Emrah

Re: tax credit

Post by Emrah » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:20 pm

toni34 wrote:yes it is ok.for the purpose of immigration it will be deem that but of you are entitled to it,if one of you is the qualifying person.
My Wife is British and she applie for child tax credit I think she is qualifying for the benefits.

archipelago

Post by archipelago » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:37 pm

I think it might be because you ticked the box in Part 6.2 stating that she was the main carer for the child. As long as you ticked the box in Part 1.8 that confirms you are subject to immigration control it should be fine.