ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Processing Delay in Bangladesh

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SDlondon
Newly Registered

Post by SDlondon » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:02 pm

ruuh wrote:@farhad
I think the processed status that you are referring to refers to the processing of vfs.
After that the status is something like application forwarded to the high commission in dhaka, and after that the status something like application is in progress. This stage usually takes the most amount of time so I think you really need to check with vfs sylhet as to whether the application has been forwarded to the high commission.
My wife's tracker today says "Processed Application is in transit 08/13/2012". Reading the other posts I wonder what the decision is and how long it will take to fine out.

God Willing it will be good news. Its already been over four months and two weeks. Good luck and godspeed to all.

farhadinho
Newly Registered

Post by farhadinho » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:24 am

SDlondon wrote:
I think the processed status that you are referring to refers to the processing of vfs.
After that the status is something like application forwarded to the high commission in dhaka, and after that the status something like application is in progress. This stage usually takes the most amount of time so I think you really need to check with vfs sylhet as to whether the application has been forwarded to the high commission.
My wife's tracker today says "Processed Application is in transit 08/13/2012". Reading the other posts I wonder what the decision is and how long it will take to fine out.

God Willing it will be good news. Its already been over four months and two weeks. Good luck and godspeed to all.
Did you have the "Processed Application is in transit" message before? We've had it since the day after the application. I've got a feeling the tracker is screwed up. Seems to be useless. :x

Did you guys contact VFS Global when 12 weeks had passed and nothing had happened? On the UKBA website is says:

"If we have taken more than 15 working days (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (12 weeks) (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can contact VFS Global in Bangladesh to find out what is happening and they will contact us."

I'm thinking I'm going to call them later this month.

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 am

I emailed the high commission after 12 weeks and also after 16 weeks. Both times they sent a generic message saying they have more applications than usual and that is the reason for the delay, and so we have to be a bit more patient.

It's worth contacting them, just in case they do respond with helpful information.

farhadinho
Newly Registered

Post by farhadinho » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:03 pm

ruuh wrote:I emailed the high commission after 12 weeks and also after 16 weeks. Both times they sent a generic message saying they have more applications than usual and that is the reason for the delay, and so we have to be a bit more patient.

It's worth contacting them, just in case they do respond with helpful information.
I'll contact them after the 12 weeks are complete. But I've heard that if you push them too much they can end up getting a bit pissy.

This is what happens when you have animals working who think they run the world.

SDlondon
Newly Registered

Post by SDlondon » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:02 pm

farhadinho wrote:
SDlondon wrote:

Did you have the "Processed Application is in transit" message before? We've had it since the day after the application. I've got a feeling the tracker is screwed up. Seems to be useless. :x

Did you guys contact VFS Global when 12 weeks had passed and nothing had happened? On the UKBA website is says:

"If we have taken more than 15 working days (for non-settlement visas) or 3 months (12 weeks) (for settlement visas) to process your application, and we have not published a news story to explain the delay, you can contact VFS Global in Bangladesh to find out what is happening and they will contact us."

I'm thinking I'm going to call them later this month.
No, I think they missed your pattern, I'd contact VSF global and find out what your previous status was.

It was for me:
application in transit to Dhaka <Application Date>
application under process <Date received at embassy>
Processed app in transit <Date embassy sent out>

I think the VSF guy was suppose to select "application under process" message and pressed the wrong button. You should definitely get this checked. Especially if you paid extra for the mobile update option.

The delay from the first to second message was about 8 days. But I was told by a contact that VSF always use a 2 day courier service. So I think i should hear something by Thursday or Sunday at the earliest.

Ruuh if your application was a week later than mine then you should have an update next Monday. If this happens then we will know that they are getting their Sylhet applications off the back burner.

The laughing irony is when I got married last year, it was told "bro these things takes 4-6 week max. ". well guess what, your in Bangladesh and its already been 20 + weeks and still I ain't got a answer???!!!!"

Keep us all updated. I will too. Good luck to all.

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

Post by tnt4ever » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:15 pm

to every applicant who applied
thats the same answer moderator bately khan explained
it can take up to 4 months or bit up and down depends up circumstances
no worries, sooner the call will be made
App Date: 21st Feb 2012
Forward to Embassy 5th March 2012
under process at BHC Islamabad
94 Days ....
Visa Granted ALHAMDULILLAH 3rd July 2012

Total Working Days 92 ( Excluding holidays etc)

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Finally the status has changed from "in process" to "processed - in transit", 20 weeks after the application was made. I just pray that the decision is what we are hoping for.

Application submitted at VFS Sylhet: 2nd April
In process at BHC Dhaka: 10th April
Processed - in transit: 21st August
(yet to collect and find out)

Rahed
Newly Registered

Post by Rahed » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:25 pm

Hi Ruuh.....i don't really use this site much,so I don't comment on anything,but I have been following all ur post,coz I applied for my wife on April two wks after you.just seen ur post now and I just had to join this site and say.....GOODLUCK...insheallah it will b good news for u.i know how stressfull it is!

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Thanks Rahed. Good luck to you and your wife also.

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:43 am

Alhamdulillah, my wife's visa has been granted. Over twenty weeks of waiting, plus the 6 months of working at a new job before applying, getting paperwork together, it has finally resulted in a positive outcome.

I have never been through a procedure the outcome of which is so life changing ...and the decision was known on a day when hundreds of thousands of school children find out their exam results. It can certainly understand their stress today.

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting.
-------------------
Visa collected: 23rd August

farhadinho
Newly Registered

Post by farhadinho » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:43 am

ruuh wrote:Alhamdulillah, my wife's visa has been granted. Over twenty weeks of waiting, plus the 6 months of working at a new job before applying, getting paperwork together, it has finally resulted in a positive outcome.

I have never been through a procedure the outcome of which is so life changing ...and the decision was known on a day when hundreds of thousands of school children find out their exam results. It can certainly understand their stress today.

Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting.
-------------------
Visa collected: 23rd August
Congratulations!!

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:02 am

farhadinho wrote:Congratulations!!
Thank you.

farhadinho
Newly Registered

Post by farhadinho » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:43 am

We got this msg this morning!!!!

Your application is ready for collection; please visit the UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted your visa application to collect the same 09/16/2012

Looks like we're ready to roll!! :) :D :D

farhadinho
Newly Registered

Post by farhadinho » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:19 am

Finally we're done! My wife got the visa yesterday and her flights booked up - she lands here next monday.

it took 3 and a half months from application to now. I probably wont be on this forum anymore, but for anyone else who's waiting, don't worry. It takes time and at times it might feel as though they're never gonna get round to your application. But eventually they do. Just don't feel too down, and keep reassuring your partner too.

Laters

VisaVisa
Newly Registered

Post by VisaVisa » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:35 pm

My brother applied in sylhet 28 March 2012 after waiting and waiting 2 weeks ago VFS Sylhet called his wife to come in to the offices. Thinking it was good news she went only to be advised that see needed to do another biometric form since the original was not readable. The information given at the time seemed confusing that being one person said she would have to fill the whole form ( the one after the changes in July) whilst another said just fill the name bit. Both said that the previous application will stand.
She did as she was requested after consulting my brother. She was also given another application number.
For the last two weeks and nearly 6 months since initially applying, my brother checked both application number status online, the original one given in march and the more recent one. The original kept stating under process whilst yesterday the more recent one said in transit.
This morning the status changed from transit to ready for collection, even though his wife did not get a call she went and I am pleased to say after a 6 month agonising wait a visa was granted.
Good luck to all. It's a testing time, I myself did the process six years ago and waited 22 days for my wife's visa and thought that was a long time!
Also I suggest as my brother did every 3 weeks after 12 week wait to write to the high commision in Dhaka, so there is a record. It was they who wrote back to my brother after his wife did the second application that it was just a dummy for the fingerprints and that his application would be done as soon as possible, so not even a generic response like the ones he got previously.

I wish you all a quick visa success

ruuh

Post by ruuh » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Congratulations to your brother and his wife. :D

bengal706
BANNED

Post by bengal706 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:57 am

hi,i applied for my wife an baby on 26/08/2012 in sylhet,is their anyone out their who applied around same time as me,and what is the waiting time,every time every time i check vfs site it says the same thing visa under process at british high commison,this is 7th week running with same message.

bengal706
BANNED

Post by bengal706 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:58 am

hi,i applied for my wife an baby on 26/08/2012 in sylhet,is their anyone out their who applied around same time as me,and what is the waiting time,every time i check vfs site it says the same thing visa under process at british high commison,this is 7th week running with same message.