ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

elderly parent dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

fatima36
Newly Registered

elderly parent dependent visa

Post by fatima36 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi
what is procedure for applying elderly parents visa
my mother is 66 year old
she has tow daughter one living in uk and 2nd one in pakistan (islamabad)
is it possible she will come here on dependent visa for uk
i am sending money to her as well for her expenditure as well
my question is that i am able to sponsr her and how much money i have to show montly. at the moments i am earning £ 32K (self employee) and self employees and have two kids with me i am not taking any benfits except child benfits
so can i able to apply for her
dont worry about it i can show that she is all dependent on me
is 32K is enough for her visa

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:35 pm

Does the following statement apply to your mother?

You can apply to join a settled person in the UK if:
You need long-term personal care to perform every day tasks, such as washing and cooking. The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.

fatima36
Newly Registered

Post by fatima36 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:38 pm

yes

fatima36
Newly Registered

Post by fatima36 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:41 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Does the following statement apply to your mother?

You can apply to join a settled person in the UK if:
You need long-term personal care to perform every day tasks, such as washing and cooking. The care you need is not available in the country where you are living, either because it is not available and there is no person in the country where you are living who can reasonably provide it or it is not affordable.
yes

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:42 pm

Why is your sister unable to provide the support and why are you unable to pay for the support if you earn 32k per year? This is what ukba will want to know.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Also according to your other thread your mother owns her own home and has other family in Pakistan

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#692903

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:45 pm

Yes, in what respect? At 66 years old, is she is incapacitated to the extent that she needs daily assistance for basic needs? Is there no other relative in her location and can she not afford to hire a nurse or helper using the money that you send?

That's what is required.

fatima36
Newly Registered

Post by fatima36 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:01 pm

my sis living in other city other close relative is not living near her
and
in pakistan living exp is same as here in uk
if we arrange nurse then she cost us 15 to 20 thousand pak rupes
if i need to send her 300 per month then she can arrange nurse and other facilities but again she is alone living in her home alone

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:18 pm

So are you saying you can't afford to send her £300 per month and yet you can afford to support her in the UK? If she requires round the clock care who will provide this in the UK and who will pay for it given that you work so presumably won't be looking after her yourself? You say your sister is living in a different city yet you are living in a different country. Why is it not reasonable for your sister to care for her-these are all things you need to address.

varre_v

Am also in the same boat

Post by varre_v » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:09 pm

Hey Guys,
I have my mother who is a widow aged 54 yrs back home in India.We are 3 children (me,sister,sister). Me and my first younger sister are settled in UK while my second sister is in US. She does not have immediate family now in India. Also she visited us in the UK on family visit visa three times already and now I am thinking of getting her on elderly dependant visa. But looking at the new rules I am biting my nails if she will get it or not?

PLEASE ADVISE WHETHER TO APPLY FOR ELDERLY DEPENDANT VISA OR A FAMILY VISITOR VISA?

dte002
Newly Registered

Re: elderly parent dependent visa

Post by dte002 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi,
Me and my husband are both British citizens and I wish to get my widowed father 66yrs of age from India. He lives alone in India as my sisters live in US and Canada respectively. He is a dialysis patient and hence I would like to know if his parent visa is sponsored, would he be able to get his medical bills paid through NHS?
Because in the parent visa immigration rules it says that no recourse to public funds. And, under public funds it doesnt mention NHS (GP or hospital )charges ?
Please help
dte002

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: elderly parent dependent visa

Post by Wanderer » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:32 pm

dte002 wrote:Hi,
Me and my husband are both British citizens and I wish to get my widowed father 66yrs of age from India. He lives alone in India as my sisters live in US and Canada respectively. He is a dialysis patient and hence I would like to know if his parent visa is sponsored, would he be able to get his medical bills paid through NHS?
Because in the parent visa immigration rules it says that no recourse to public funds. And, under public funds it doesnt mention NHS (GP or hospital )charges ?
Please help
dte002
No chance of either IMHO.

Can he not relocate to USA where chain migration is easier. It's almost impossible in UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....