ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport with ILR lost, eligible for BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Passport with ILR lost, eligible for BC

Post by shubhoh » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:48 pm

Situation: Unfortunately my Indian passport with ILR got stolen in the UK just days before I was to apply for british citizenship (AN1).

Question: Can I still apply for BC without the current passport? I have the police report & photocopies of the lost passport. If I would have used NCS(council) service then they anyhow dont send the passport to Home office.

OR

Do I have to queue up at HCI london for new passport, affidavits etc etc & then get NTL stamp & then apply for BC.

I dont have any urgent need for travel & can wait for BC process, will I be able to bypass getting new passport\ntl. Anyone faced such situation? Suggestions welcome.

thanks

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Post by shubhoh » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:24 pm

No replies? :cry:

darksun

Post by darksun » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:45 pm

Hey there,

I had a situation like that. But I lost my passport 6 months later I got my ILR. So I applied a new passport from my embassy and got ILR again stamped.
That's my experience and it's slightly different than yours. Any seniors can comment on it?

Hope the best for you...

shubhoh
Newly Registered

Post by shubhoh » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:57 pm

darksun wrote:I applied a new passport from my embassy and got ILR again stamped...
thanks for your response. Was it ILR again or NTL which was stamped?

arun_prasad
Newly Registered

Post by arun_prasad » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:06 pm

Hi Subogh

Did you get your new passport. Also did you apply for your BC with or without visa ?